What's new

What are the chances we see other Cyborgs with Frost in MK11?

Will the Tekunin rise with familiar Cyborgs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I've been indifferent when it comes to wether or not I think Cyrax, Sektor, CyberSmoke or CyberSubZeromake it into MK11. With the a available information up to know we know there is a possible way to insert a few into the game knowing Frost is Cybernetic and that she most likely restarted the Cyber Initiative back to thier traditional values since she despised Kuai Laing's descision to unite Shirai Ryu with the Lin Kuei. It seems to me she would reform the Tekunin to it's old ways and alligned herself with the most powerful good (Speculation).
We know there is a Cyber Initiative/Tekunin base that's operating in some form or fashion with many robots in story(generic Cyborgs) but Cyborgs none the less. Frost is clearly Cybernetic but to what degree we don't know but I'm confident in saying she has gone against the grandmasters wishes by doing so.

I am wondering if others believe we could get Cyrax & Sektor alongside Frost in either story mode or as a playable character?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Kabal's intro with Scorpion doesn't have me hopeful

"The Black Dragon are next"
"Next for what Scorpion?"
"Next to be crushed like the Cyber Lin Kuei"

Sounds like they might be killing off the cyborgs for a while unfortunately. NRS really doesn't fuck with the cyborgs anymore. Sucks man, they're some of my favorite characters in Mortal Kombat.

MKX - MK11 are cleaning house on the most interesting races. Goro & Kintaro dead, cyborgs dead, Reptile we're assuming to be dead, so many ninjas are MIA. Just so the wack ass human characters can shine, again. I know it's beyond a dead horse at this point, but it's been bothering me for the longest time. Kollector and D'Vorah can't just fill in those roles by themselves.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I would like at least one playable cyborg but I am thinking they might be story NPSc only. Cyber Frost or w.e I don't count because she appears to still have human skin and stuff, when I say a cyborg in MK am thinking Sektor/Cyrax/Smoke types, you know the ones that look like they are fully robots.

There is that one in the background of that stage...so maybe there is hope.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Kabal's intro with Scorpion doesn't have me hopeful

"The Black Dragon are next"
"Next for what Scorpion?"
"Next to be crushed like the Cyber Lin Kuei"

Sounds like they might be killing off the cyborgs for a while unfortunately. NRS really doesn't fuck with the cyborgs anymore. Sucks man, they're some of my favorite characters in Mortal Kombat.

MKX - MK11 are cleaning house on the most interesting races. Goro & Kintaro dead, cyborgs dead, Reptile we're assuming to be dead, so many ninjas are MIA. Just so the wack ass human characters can shine, again. I know it's beyond a dead horse at this point, but it's been bothering me for the longest time. Kollector and D'Vorah can't just fill in those roles by themselves.
Maybe he is referring to the destruction of the Cyber Lin Kuei? I know the data of all Lin Kuei was stored and hidden and there is a Cyber Initiative base in MK11 and we see a new Cyborg as Frost? Just a thought, pure speculation and hope. I won't be devastated if they don't make it but kinda annoyed that they made a stage and story line with the Tekunin which is the resurrection of Cyber Initiative in MK11.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Sounds like they might be killing off the cyborgs for a while unfortunately. NRS really doesn't fuck with the cyborgs anymore.
You know, it kind of feels that way because MKX is the most recent game, but on thinking about it I don't think this is actually true?

MK9 had 3 playable cyborgs (one of them brand new to the franchise, which we hadn't had since MKT) and gave them their biggest story role ever. MKX gave them a tiny story role, but had 4 cyborgs playable in a single game, which has never ever happened before. Cyrax's role was slightly expanded in the comics. Now MK11 is bringing them back in story mode, with a stage to themselves for the first time ever, and with a brand new cyborg character again (first female ever). As far as Cyrax/Sektor/etc and DLC is concerned, we don't know what will happen, so it could be even better than this.

I think you could actually make the case that the cyborgs are being treated better by the reboot than ever before.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I have a feeling Sektor may be added as a DLC.
By the way, it bothers me how you and a few others keep saying "Tekunin". They never were established in this timeline. I know it's just a name game and they're pretty much the same shit, but still.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
The way Fatal Blows and Fatalities are now, with focus on facial expressions under the masks and all that, I just don’t see them working with cyborg anatomy. Frost is probably new kind of cyber blend we haven’t seen yet, leaning much more toward the human attributes.

At least that’s my guess.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I really want Cyrax and Sektor but I know we're not getting them, unless they decide to add Triborg which won't happen...

Only in kp1 / 2. I think, if there is a chance to one or two of them appear, will be in kp2. But you know....looking how warner does things we may get 4 guests as dlc and all of them being from horror movies....who knows...

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
They really should have stuck with Triborg. One character with 4 load-outs was really cool and would work well in MK11.

I am very disappointed that they are not in.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
They really should have stuck with Triborg. One character with 4 load-outs was really cool and would work well in MK11.

I am very disappointed that they are not in.
Err nah. Triborg would work horribly in MK11 actually. Can you imagine the clusterfuck that would be mixing and matching their moves? He would end up being a MKA KAK level character. Triborg was a character made for MKX and MKX only I think.
Only way I could see him working out in MK11 is if they made each cyborg a single, 3-slot equippable ability, or if they made their core moves (i.e rocket, flamethrower, and tele-punch for Sektor) 2-slot abilities and then the complimentary moves (i.e up rocket or air charge) 1-slot that would conflict between the other 'borg's moves through their inputs... And that does sound interesting, actually. But at that point I'd rather just have a individual cyborg be fully realized rather than this.

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
The way Fatal Blows and Fatalities are now, with focus on facial expressions under the masks and all that, I just don’t see them working with cyborg anatomy. Frost is probably new kind of cyber blend we haven’t seen yet, leaning much more toward the human attributes.

At least that’s my guess.
They could easily retcon their appearence though. We were told Kabal needed his mask to be able to breathe, but as of MK11 it is now considered as a cosmetic that can be removed with no adverse effect.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
They could easily retcon their appearence though. We were told Kabal needed his mask to be able to breathe, but as of MK11 it is now considered as a cosmetic that can be removed with no adverse effect.
I'd rather not have Cyborgs at all if the only way they can come back is by turning them into weird ass androids.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
That's the whole point of it. It would give Triborg an identity. Instead of just being a shell that houses 4 individual characters, he'd essentially be a one man army that commands all of their powers.
Er not really. If anything it'd strip Triborg of the little identity he has even further, effectively turning him into a cyber Chameleon, and Chameleon is the character with the least identity in the whole series.

Android P just released last august, Android Q is currently in development

Sektor, Smoke and Sub-zero are a long wait, and Cyrax is too outdated.

No borgs in mk11 confirmed :DOGE

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Er not really. If anything it'd strip Triborg of the little identity he has even further, effectively turning him into a cyber Chameleon, and Chameleon is the character with the least identity in the whole series.
Chameleon is a complete mystery, his powers make no sense and that's why nobody respects them. Triborg has a legit reason to be the way he is, and it would help further cement him as the leader of the cyborg ninjas and the most powerful of his kind.

The only drawback I see with this is Cyrax. He's a cyborg with an actual identity, and I'd hate to lose him like that. Cyber Smoke, Cyber Sub and even Hyrdo serve the game better as just special moves/loadouts since their counterparts have moved on to better things and are even more popular in their human forms. Triborg is Sektor's wet dream, it's everything he ever wanted to be. So it can be a good evolution for the character. Maybe have Sektor become the dominant mind and just axe Triborg all together (it's a stupid fucking name anyway). Have Sektor be the leader of the Tekunin, but let him keep the powers of the cyborgs who will probably never be playable in the next 10 years.