What's new

Question - Cassie Cage what are some good bnbs without a run!

TKB

Noob
This is how I was feeling at first when playing Erron... Just start practicing it faithfully and it will become easier. The run mechanic is going to be huge in this game'a meta.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
As a marvel player i love pushing a lot of buttons or combos involving something different. Why doesny anyone like the run mechanic? Makes rush down pretty fun.
I find her run strings pretty simple.
Just input the run then depending on the spacing just push the desired inputs.

Kosmo

Noob
As a marvel player i love pushing a lot of buttons or combos involving something different. Why doesny anyone like the run mechanic? Makes rush down pretty fun.
I find her run strings pretty simple.
Just input the run then depending on the spacing just push the desired inputs.
Just the way its set up feels really unnatural for me my mindset is block button has 2 uses to block and ex, just have to get used to it though.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
run is somewhat easy to do after db2, you can buffer forward forward and block DURING the flip kick and it'll come out first frame. then it's a matter of timing your followup.
This. I just realized that yesterday and it makes things so much easier. Just buffer F,F, Blk and they will automatically run for you.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Just the way its set up feels really unnatural for me my mindset is block button has 2 uses to block and ex, just have to get used to it though.
Its very fun running for me.
Im assuming noone remembers the old MK classics where you could sprint lol.
This mechanic isnt too new to the MK series.
But set sprint to infinite and constantly practice running and stopping by pressing block, crouch block, and using attacks. Like football practice heheh. Its more of having fun with it.

Kosmo

Noob
Its very fun running for me.
Im assuming noone remembers the old MK classics where you could sprint lol.
This mechanic isnt too new to the MK series.
But set sprint to infinite and constantly practice running and stopping by pressing block, crouch block, and using attacks. Like football practice heheh. Its more of having fun with it.
Don't get me wrong I can do the run mechanic in the run combos but in a match i try to stay away from them because honestly I've found some pretty good ones that don't use any runs.

LockM

Noob
Don't get me wrong I can do the run mechanic in the run combos but in a match i try to stay away from them because honestly I've found some pretty good ones that don't use any runs.
Such as?

I mean you are going to end Cassie her strings in DB+2 what are you doing after that in midscreen?

Smooth

Noob
Since no one is giving any combos without run there is one Mid screen combo on Caisse(brawler)

Ji2, 242, jMBTHRW, 33 bf3.

You should learn running if you want to really use Caisse and this combo starts as a high so its punishable but it gets good damage for easy mechanics.

Kosmo

Noob
Such as?

I mean you are going to end Cassie her strings in DB+2 what are you doing after that in midscreen?
You can end with BF+1 , or you can walk up a bit and catch them falling with F122. None the less i got the run mechanic down anyways its just that it feels a bit weird still to me.

piemaster

mortal hater
in the corner you dont have to use run if you do

212 NJP F24+flip kick F24+flip kick F24+nut punch

since the hit box on F24 is so big and has so much reach

also mid screen you can use only a little bit of run and do

212 F24+flip kick RUN F24+nut punch

you have to run a little bit but the hit box on F24 is very forgiving and you dont have to use much run meter. its a pretty easy combo

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Love Cassie....hate the run mechanic

Would rather just leave out the run combos and work on some consistent damage
Yeah I would suggest using another character if you refuse to get used to the run mechanic. Refusing to learn the mechanic is basically giving up the ability to use Cassie's b12 (her best string) to open people up mid-screen.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Yeah Cassie is super reliant on run for her combos (never mind the fact that you need run at neutral anyway to keep people in check as you can cancel into pokes)

I would learn a different character if you don't want to learn run, it's too important for Cassie.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Love Cassie....hate the run mechanic

Would rather just leave out the run combos and work on some consistent damage
1. Go to Training.
2. Set the run meter to infinite.
3. Keep doing the backflip and tap F,F+BLK during the animation.
First as fast as you can then slow it down gradually to find your buffer window.
4. Find the end of the animation where your forward input will come out right after she stands up from the backflip.
5. Now backflip the dummy in the face and dash as soon as you can. Try to run underneath the falling opponent even.
6. Now adjust your timing so that you can 212~BD3(ex) the dummy consistently without it falling or you running past it.
7. CONGRATULATIONS you're ready to learn real stuff with her.

VOR

Noob
I struggled with it for a while. Totally smooth now and consistent now, and i don't consider my execution to be that great. It's doable.

The Magician

According to my sources...
I struggled with it for a while. Totally smooth now and consistent now, and i don't consider my execution to be that great. It's doable.
Same here when I first started out. What I recommend is to practice the 35% and the 31% midscreen combos to get you use to running as it uses b12 or f24 into bd3 as a combo ender which helps with getting those runs down as those strings do a dash practically.

I have one but it's not exactly ideal. I use it in matches online that are a bit Laggy where I feel I'll drop a run. 242, f2, bf3. It's 25%. Brawler. Though I suppose you could use a nut punch instead of takedown in Hollywood.