What's new

Question - Cassie Cage what are some good bnbs without a run!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
As many have said, learn to love the run mechanic or play a different character. I don't think anyone in the game relies more on the run cancel combos than Cassie does. I found it difficult at first as well, but it will quickly become second nature if you put enough time into it.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
As many have said, learn to love the run mechanic or play a different character. I don't think anyone in the game relies more on the run cancel combos than Cassie does. I found it difficult at first as well, but it will quickly become second nature if you put enough time into it.
High tech Jacqui does. And her other variations too pretty much.

BloodBurger

http://www.youtube.com/bloodburger1
Without a run she suffers. Midscreen all you get is 20's, but you can still do mid 30's to mid 40's in the corner without it. I posted a video in the media section if you're interested.

I'm going to be the voice of dissent here, but if you want to play Cassie and use less run combos, use Brawler, she has a bunch.

Then learn to run cancel because none of her run free combos hit after her overhead, and too many rely on jump in kick-mb air throw to start.

Run cancelling into b12 isn't too difficult, as b1 has such range that you can enter 'run cancel b12' as a single sequence and it'll likely hit. If you're using bf3 as the finisher, it'll sometimes whiff if you started the combo a little far out, but for the most part it'll grab the opponent out of the air with it's weird hit box (seriously, Cassie can grab falling opponents who are above her, pull them through her body and punch them to death. Don't know which parent taught her that!)

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Take the time to learn the mechanic, not only will it level up your Cassie, you level up yourself as a player even more.