What's new

West Coast Warzone Ep. 5 w/ Wonder Chef, Blind Ducky, KingHippo ft. 4x4lo8o

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
One buff I would like for Ares is for his backwards and far teleport to have the same recovery as normal teleport, also why isn't Sword a mid?

EDIT: Thanks for the shoutout!

EDIT 2: Ares' face should have been blacked out. He looks like an even more manly Raven.
That's still one of the things i'm scrathing my head on...why the 14 extra frames on the new teleports? I don't get it.

Why on earth did they not do anything to the downward Sword/Axe moves? At least give them tracking on the opponent or something...them two moves (especially the Axe version) are like crotchless chastity belts compared to any other move in the game.

daddydab32ho

KANO, KANO, KAY-NOOOOOO , KANO (DRAKES VOICE)
I have listened to the first part. I will listen to the rest later. I still don't understand what Chef is going on about. This clarification just made things more confusing.

Incomplete meta: no one at GGA disputes that our best players use oddball characters. Pointing this out in a general rant about the under use of top tier characters makes sense. What doesn't make sense was the implication that GGA talks tiers and matchups too much and puts too much weight into our local results. This is what you said. I quoted you and you chose not to reply. No one at GGA does this.

GGA talks too much: My stock report/scalp rankings/blowups/assorted shenanigans have nothing to do with the GGA meta or my success(or lack of success sometimes). I would be doing this stuff regardless of how I played. If you do not like these antics that's your opinion but the vast majority seem to so I will respectfully tell you to hold that. However I will point out that I'm not keen on being told I may judge players too much on a podcast with Blind Ducky as a co-host.

I am overreacting: Last week you straight up said one of Chicago's players sucks and downplayed his accomplishments. There's no other way to put it. You flat out said he sucks. Heroic Legacy is not on the team but he is still one of our boys. Fill Pops is 100% my boy. I not blame you for defending your boy Cage Redfield, but do not say I am talking too much or overreacting when you're currently feuding with my guy. In this week's show you say I am talking too much by pointing out I made a video calling out Cage Redfield. I did not put out that video. DMS put out that video. That's not to say I mind that he posted it, but the point was he wanted a video of my thoughts on this situation after you two had just blew up my guy. You guys blow up my friend, I respond, then somehow I'm in the wrong? I just did it on a phone recording instead of twitter. I do not know or care who started this feud but I'm going to respond to defend my guy like you do.

Basically, the incomplete meta talk seems to have nothing to do with anything. It's also not accurate to say you never talked shit about GGA. Ultimately, it seems you're angry about the Cage Redfield situation and/or this is fake hype for SCR.
GGA is too legit man... INCOMPLETE META MEANS NOTHING WHEN YOU HAVE PLAYERS CONSISTENTLY PLACING TOP 8 OR BETTER!!!!!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Haven't listened to pod cast but cage isn't #1 lobo nor is fill pops (sadly)

Maxter has been best thus far due to results and personal results when playing him.

Best lobo doesn't mean optimal combos or setups, best lobo translates to wins and results and neither cage nor fill have them the way Maxter does

Fill has second best results, but Maxter's fundamentals and work ethic seems stronger.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
@GGA 16 Bit, what's the difference between fake hype and real hype? Is fake hype bad? Isn't a pretty large percentage of the hype that goes on here 'fake' in the sense that one or all players involved recognize that it's hype and intentionally let it grow and air it to the rest of the community?

Would it be fake hype if I pointed out that Chef's point about the incomplete meta is that he doesn't think you or most of your GGA crew would be able to hang in the envoirnment he competes in every week?
That would be real hype

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Haven't listened to pod cast but cage isn't #1 lobo not is fill pops (sadly)

Maxter has been best thus far due to results and personal results when playing him.

Best lobo doesn't mean optimal combos or setups, best lobo translates to wins and results and neither cage nor fill have them the way Maxter does

Fill has second best results, but Maxter's fundamentals and work ethic seems stronger.
To be fair, I think it was episode 4, I did say that nobody can argue that Maxter is the most successful, however @Blind_Man has played both and I believe he thinks Cage is better. Not sure what @AK Smarrgasm thinks since he's played them both too.

However nobody can argue that Maxter is the most successful.

And I would argue that Cage would have lots of success if he was able to make it out, however there is obviously no way to prove that.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I tried arguing with you lastbays , but you just blew up and went on about off topic stuff, so there's no point.
Chef, go away! You're the reason @CrimsonShadow thinks the West Coast isn't hype. Let me handle this.

@GGA 16 Bit, Chef just realized that you're going to pop off on him any time GGA beats any top tier character, from the west coast or not, and it's gonna hurt his feelings. Don't let him duck this.
He thinks PPJ's got lucky at NEC. His big match against the West Coast happened to be against the one guy who was particularly ill prepared for Hawkgirl. The bracketology broke in his favor and it won't happen again. Chef knows all of GGA's success at KiT was a result of lack of West Coast and the complete meta and isn't surprised you're backing out of coming to SCR.

I'm headed out for WNF to experience that complete meta. More on what Chef really thinks later

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Chef, go away! You're the reason @CrimsonShadow thinks the West Coast isn't hype. Let me handle this.

@GGA 16 Bit, Chef just realized that you're going to pop off on him any time GGA beats any top tier character, from the west coast or not, and it's gonna hurt his feelings. Don't let him duck this.
He thinks PPJ's got lucky at NEC. His big match against the West Coast happened to be against the one guy who was particularly ill prepared for Hawkgirl. The bracketology broke in his favor and it won't happen again. Chef knows all of GGA's success at KiT was a result of lack of West Coast and the complete meta and isn't surprised you're backing out of coming to SCR.

I'm headed out for WNF to experience that complete meta. More on what Chef really thinks later
a harmless puppy

Is Wednesday Night Fights being streamed tonight?

If so, what is the stream link?

Will it be front paged?