What's new

West Coast Warzone Ep. 5 w/ Wonder Chef, Blind Ducky, KingHippo ft. 4x4lo8o

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Once again the West Coast Warzone brings you @EGP Wonder_Chef, @Blind_Man, and myself to shoot the shit and discuss the latest happenings on the West Coast. Joining us this time is @4x4lo8o, an Arizona player who makes posts almost as epic as his avatar. On this episode we discuss Ares and go into a long rant about what he may need and theoretically cool buffs. Lotta MK talk too as we discuss the goofiest looking strings and how MK on ps3 is a debacle. Enjoy!

MP3 version: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/by29da038ct2bkk/wcw5.mp3

All of us are on twitter as well. @KingHippo, @EGP_Wonder_Chef, @4x4lo8o and @Blind_Ducky: follow for updates and any possible news regarding the podcast. See you guys next week!

Last edited by a moderator:

InFlames

dead
One buff I would like for Ares is for his backwards and far teleport to have the same recovery as normal teleport, also why isn't Sword a mid?

EDIT: Thanks for the shoutout!

EDIT 2: Ares' face should have been blacked out. He looks like an even more manly Raven.

Last edited:

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I have listened to the first part. I will listen to the rest later. I still don't understand what Chef is going on about. This clarification just made things more confusing.

Incomplete meta: no one at GGA disputes that our best players use oddball characters. Pointing this out in a general rant about the under use of top tier characters makes sense. What doesn't make sense was the implication that GGA talks tiers and matchups too much and puts too much weight into our local results. This is what you said. I quoted you and you chose not to reply. No one at GGA does this.

GGA talks too much: My stock report/scalp rankings/blowups/assorted shenanigans have nothing to do with the GGA meta or my success(or lack of success sometimes). I would be doing this stuff regardless of how I played. If you do not like these antics that's your opinion but the vast majority seem to so I will respectfully tell you to hold that. However I will point out that I'm not keen on being told I may judge players too much on a podcast with Blind Ducky as a co-host.

I am overreacting: Last week you straight up said one of Chicago's players sucks and downplayed his accomplishments. There's no other way to put it. You flat out said he sucks. Heroic Legacy is not on the team but he is still one of our boys. Fill Pops is 100% my boy. I not blame you for defending your boy Cage Redfield, but do not say I am talking too much or overreacting when you're currently feuding with my guy. In this week's show you say I am talking too much by pointing out I made a video calling out Cage Redfield. I did not put out that video. DMS put out that video. That's not to say I mind that he posted it, but the point was he wanted a video of my thoughts on this situation after you two had just blew up my guy. You guys blow up my friend, I respond, then somehow I'm in the wrong? I just did it on a phone recording instead of twitter. I do not know or care who started this feud but I'm going to respond to defend my guy like you do.

Basically, the incomplete meta talk seems to have nothing to do with anything. It's also not accurate to say you never talked shit about GGA. Ultimately, it seems you're angry about the Cage Redfield situation and/or this is fake hype for SCR.

4x4lo8o

Noob
@GGA 16 Bit, what's the difference between fake hype and real hype? Is fake hype bad? Isn't a pretty large percentage of the hype that goes on here 'fake' in the sense that one or all players involved recognize that it's hype and intentionally let it grow and air it to the rest of the community?

Would it be fake hype if I pointed out that Chef's point about the incomplete meta is that he doesn't think you or most of your GGA crew would be able to hang in the envoirnment he competes in every week?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
@GGA 16 Bit, what's the difference between fake hype and real hype? Is fake hype bad? Isn't a pretty large percentage of the hype that goes on here 'fake' in the sense that one or all players involved recognize that it's hype and intentionally let it grow and air it to the rest of the community?

Would it be fake hype if I pointed out that Chef's point about the incomplete meta is that he doesn't think you or most of your GGA crew would be able to hang in the envoirnment he competes in every week?

It's fine. I'm all for promoting SCR.

That is hype. Maybe he's right. We'll see. All I know right now is PPJ cleans his NEC trophy with West Coast's bitter tears.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
It's fine. I'm all for promoting SCR.

That is hype. Maybe he's right. We'll see. All I know right now is PPJ cleans his NEC trophy with West Coast's bitter tears.
I don't think anybody is bitter though. I'm pretty sure everybody loves ppj. It's hard not to.

LEGEND

YES!
"Incomplete Meta Topic" :
i really think it just comes down to how ridiculously boring the top characters are and how small the Injustice scene is. Otherwise ofc we'd see more rep of the top tier. I don't think its this big mystery

If noone plays Superman, Aquaman, Batman, Flash ect in your scene why wouldn't you use characters like bane and Catwoman? They're awesome, both in style and gameplay

like, my main problem with this game is you are either fun and kinda shitty or top tier and boring AF (both to play as and fight)

"Incomplete Meta Topic" :
i really think it just comes down to how ridiculously boring the top characters are and how small the Injustice scene is. Otherwise ofc we'd see more rep of the top tier. I don't think its this big mystery

If noone plays Superman, Aquaman, Batman, Flash ect in your scene why wouldn't you use characters like bane and Catwoman? They're awesome, both in style and gameplay

like, my main problem with this game is you are either fun and kinda shitty or top tier and boring AF (both to play as and fight)
I made this point before, thank you.

Top-Tier = boring game

F4tal

Noob
I have listened to the first part. I will listen to the rest later. I still don't understand what Chef is going on about. This clarification just made things more confusing.

Incomplete meta: no one at GGA disputes that our best players use oddball characters. Pointing this out in a general rant about the under use of top tier characters makes sense. What doesn't make sense was the implication that GGA talks tiers and matchups too much and puts too much weight into our local results. This is what you said. I quoted you and you chose not to reply. No one at GGA does this.

GGA talks too much: My stock report/scalp rankings/blowups/assorted shenanigans have nothing to do with the GGA meta or my success(or lack of success sometimes). I would be doing this stuff regardless of how I played. If you do not like these antics that's your opinion but the vast majority seem to so I will respectfully tell you to hold that. However I will point out that I'm not keen on being told I may judge players too much on a podcast with Blind Ducky as a co-host.

I am overreacting: Last week you straight up said one of Chicago's players sucks and downplayed his accomplishments. There's no other way to put it. You flat out said he sucks. Heroic Legacy is not on the team but he is still one of our boys. Fill Pops is 100% my boy. I not blame you for defending your boy Cage Redfield, but do not say I am talking too much or overreacting when you're currently feuding with my guy. In this week's show you say I am talking too much by pointing out I made a video calling out Cage Redfield. I did not put out that video. DMS put out that video. That's not to say I mind that he posted it, but the point was he wanted a video of my thoughts on this situation after you two had just blew up my guy. You guys blow up my friend, I respond, then somehow I'm in the wrong? I just did it on a phone recording instead of twitter. I do not know or care who started this feud but I'm going to respond to defend my guy like you do.

Basically, the incomplete meta talk seems to have nothing to do with anything. It's also not accurate to say you never talked shit about GGA. Ultimately, it seems you're angry about the Cage Redfield situation and/or this is fake hype for SCR.
Let's not forget Tyrant calling PPJ a fraud.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
He said, if I remember correctly, Hawkgirl is fradulent I will never lose like that again. Isn't that pretty much the same thing?
Like I said, WHERE did he say this? Show some proof or stop spewing shit out of your mouth.

F4tal

Noob
Like I said, WHERE did he say this? Show some proof or stop spewing shit out of your mouth.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Can I just say hawkgirl is fraudulent? I will never lose like I did at NEC. Im overcoming this MU Idgaf.</p>&mdash; EJ Williamson (@HitBox_Tyrant) <a href="https://twitter.com/HitBox_Tyrant/statuses/421856912372547586">January 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

F4tal

Noob
I still don't understand why Chef cares that GGA doesn't have a large representation of top tier characters. Obviously they have been doing just fine at majors with their "oddball" characters.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I still don't understand why Chef cares that GGA doesn't have a large representation of top tier characters. Obviously they have been doing just fine at majors with their "oddball" characters.
Clearly you didn't listen to the podcast...

Also weren't you banned on another acount already? Your Thickwolf account?

Why are you allowed to have another?

4x4lo8o

Noob
One buff I would like for Ares is for his backwards and far teleport to have the same recovery as normal teleport, also why isn't Sword a mid?

EDIT: Thanks for the shoutout!

EDIT 2: Ares' face should have been blacked out. He looks like an even more manly Raven.
I think that's a good buff. I actually was thinking I was going to mention his far teleport, but it escaped my mind during the podcast. I don't think most people realize how long the recovery is. Even people in my local scene who I'd say are otherwise really good at playing the Ares match up don't seem to realize they can punish it other than attempting to jump back on it when they have him cornered. The 33 frame recovery is really long, lots of characters have really solid option for punishing it. Like Shazaams b23 with punish, or GL can use lift. Both of those grant full combos and work on both a close behind or far behind teleport and probably option select into something not terrible if Ares teleports in front instead. I don't know a whole bunch of the top of my head about what other character can do, but I bet a bunch of characters have something.

The away and far behind teleports were really good additions to the character, but I don't feel like the huge recovery on them was really necessary. Even if you aren't getting punish any positional advantage you're gaining other than teleporting out of a corner is usually gone by the time you recover. Lowering the recovering would be another way to help with some of Ares mobility problems.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Not a bad listen. I always appreciate the MP3s.

Also, Bane top 10 lbsh, GGA uses OP characters

F4tal

Noob
Clearly you didn't listen to the podcast...

Also weren't you banned on another acount already? Your Thickwolf account?

Why are you allowed to have another?
Because that was my brother who also plays this game. He was the one who started making all the threads and stuff while I was away on a trip. I think I should be allowed to post because I didn't have anything to do with that and I already sorted it out. And yes I did listen to this one and probably won't ever listen to it again.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Because that was my brother who also plays this game. He was the one who started making all the threads and stuff while I was away on a trip. I think I should be allowed to post because I didn't have anything to do with that and I already sorted it out. And yes I did listen to this one and probably won't ever listen to it again.
lol yeah right, it was you...