What's new

Welcome to the B.P.R.D (Hellboy General Discussion Thread)

9_Lives

Noob
So what do you guy's think about Hellboy's air dash and the cancel's etc?
Look's like he's going to have some mean setup's.
Kind of want to see what kind of knockdowns he'll get before I draw conclusions. It doesn't look quite as easy to get in with his as cheetah's. The dash cancelling is hype af though

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
The fact that he has a Cheetah/Grodd sort of move that can be CANCELLED is NUTS. Not to mention the fact that you're also guessing overhead/low like Darkseid or holding a crossup like Supergirl. I feel like he's going to bring a lot of salt from that move alone, not to mention a plus charge and what looks like great neutral tools. Plus Joker's gun? This guy looks super solid. The only thing I'm disappointed about is another high command grab. Which... Guys... If it's a high, it's not a command grab. :< Maybe a mix on overhead strings?

Sesal Snow

Exorcist, Demonologist and Master of the Dark Arts
The fact that he has a Cheetah/Grodd sort of move that can be CANCELLED is NUTS. Not to mention the fact that you're also guessing overhead/low like Darkseid or holding a crossup like Supergirl. I feel like he's going to bring a lot of salt from that move alone, not to mention a plus charge and what looks like great neutral tools. Plus Joker's gun? This guy looks super solid. The only thing I'm disappointed about is another high command grab. Which... Guys... If it's a high, it's not a command grab. :< Maybe a mix on overhead strings?
One thing I have thought though is air to air's may blow this leap up very easily.
Think about it if he does a full leap and air to air will beat it as he has to hit the ground to hit the opponent and if he want's the overhead or fake out using the air dash the opponent's air to air will just take him straight out of his air dash.
I think with the leap we will have to condition people similar to Cheetah by using close fake leap's at full screen and only chucking out a full screen leap into the 50/50 every now and then.
But of course this is all speculation still as we don't have him yet :D

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I'm surprisingly happy with what they showed off. Just hoping I click with the character, so I have more than just Black Canary to play with

Very excited to try him out, only thing that disappointed me was the command grab being a high, and I’m not too sure that his damage is as good as I wanted it to be based of that 1 combo during the stream.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
Very excited to try him out, only thing that disappointed me was the command grab being a high, and I’m not too sure that his damage is as good as I wanted it to be based of that 1 combo during the stream.
Who knows though, we could be looking at stupid Cheetah damage with his damage buff!

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
OH MY SWEET GURKENS! HE IS MORE THAN IVE EVER ASKED FOR! You can actually choose his trait!?

He's basically a combo of WoWo, Cheetah, Grodd, Swamp Thing, and Harley put in a nice lil HellBoy package!

SunsetBlvd

Proven Nappa GOD, 100% VERIFIED Best Nappa NA
And you live in Cali too! BAY AREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

EDIT

So did you JUST got it as soon as you turned on your PS4?
nah i had the game on for awhile then he just showed up. i think i got it from the playstation store tab on main menu then buy/download. i think ps store updates at 12 est so should be 9 at the latest for us.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
nah i had the game on for awhile then he just showed up. i think i got it from the playstation store tab on main menu then buy/download. i think ps store updates at 12 est so should be 9 at the latest for us.
Thats what it was. I woke up at 6:25 and there was nothing. So as soon as i get home, lab lab lab! Thank ya kindly, sir :)

So I only got to mess around with Hellboy for about an hour yesterday but here are a few things I’ve noticed.

1. He can’t get good damage off of d1 cuz all of his actual combo extenders are grabs.
2. A LOT of gaps in strings. 11, f23, 22u3,22d3, I think some others as well.
3. Damage is so-so without trait but a mb b3/f3 while trait is active nets a ass load of damage (About 50% for 1 bar).
4. Can’t think that b1 and it’s strings will have much use, can’t full combo anything unless you bounce cancel b1 by itself.
5. Leap stuff is HARD.
6. His meterless damage is decent, 11b2 done 3 time and finished with 11airgrab does between 250-300 damage (this being off a 8 frame punish)

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Interested in seeing him develope. The leap is hype. I like him a lot. I decided not to bother with a secondary and just stick to my primary beetle and occasional Swampy, but I'm gonna watch him closely and spend some lab time here and there with him.

Interested in how ending combos in f23 x leap works. Is it s true 50/50? Cause wouldn't that be a vortex? Land a hit, combo, end with f23 leap into 50/50, they guess wrong, combo, end in f23 leap.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Interested in seeing him develope. The leap is hype. I like him a lot. I decided not to bother with a secondary and just stick to my primary beetle and occasional Swampy, but I'm gonna watch him closely and spend some lab time here and there with him.

Interested in how ending combos in f23 x leap works. Is it s true 50/50? Cause wouldn't that be a vortex? Land a hit, combo, end with f23 leap into 50/50, they guess wrong, combo, end in f23 leap.
Doing the low would end it but ya you have crossup not crossup options that will loop back into itself as long as you have meter, it's pretty nutty.

He honestly feels like a much easier to play Grodd.

Last edited: