What's new

Week 1 Impressions? A mini review

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's literally a culmination of just about everything fighting game in some shape or form. So many characters pretty much operate on playstyles similar to characters you'd see in your favorite fighting games. There's seriously a character for someone out there, and the game has so much to it, while remaining simple, still.

I will be playing this forever, that's for sure.

Reactions: VOR

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
Everyone seem so positive about the game which doesn't offer much for technical players: no effective advanced movement methods (without specials), minuscule futsies compared to MK, even less hitconfirmables than MK, no way to maintain offense without constant jumping and advancing specials which leads to heavy zoning focused gameplay which is pretty easy to execute.

Even though this game has many other strong points, it seems it's not for players like me, which wins their battles not by outsmarting the opposition but with great mechanical skills and execution.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Loving it so far. The uniqueness and all the mechanics are just awesome. This game will be frustrating at times, i mean what game isnt, but i will be playing this as hard or even harder than i did MK. This time my favorite character is also really good so i love it even more. I think NRS will also listen to fix each and every problem that is truly necessary. Things may be hard to adjust to for a lot of people but if we are patient i think this will develop into one of the staple games of the FGC. MK was my first fighting game and now this is my second. So far both are great.

9/10.
Also story mode and all the other stuff is badass too.

VOR

Noob
It' s realyy a few different fighting games rolled into one. I like it and am having fun with the 2 characters i've chosen. It's cool to see players i've enjoyed before playing different styles with new mechanics. You just need to know your opponent's characters' options with movement and get your reads ready. I am not thrilled about it, but i am gonna pick up aquaman as well.

MoldMan

Noob
It has more features to.make it more entertaning to watch like.stage transitons and interactive objects. The supers are more entertaning than the x ray move

THTB

Everyone seem so positive about the game which doesn't offer much for technical players: no effective advanced movement methods (without specials), minuscule futsies compared to MK, even less hitconfirmables than MK, no way to maintain offense without constant jumping and advancing specials which leads to heavy zoning focused gameplay which is pretty easy to execute.

Even though this game has many other strong points, it seems it's not for players like me, which wins their battles not by outsmarting the opposition but with great mechanical skills and execution.
Great execution? MK9 wasn't even that execution intensive to begin with lol.

IGAU is designed to be easy to play from the get go, moreso than MK9, but ironically, it's pretty much deeper. And no, IGAU has footsies when you really learn to play the game.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I love the game and my buddy has it for the 360 and we ran them side by side (i'm on psn) and you can barely tell the difference so there is no real visual advantage for the 360 and my copy loaded everything faster than his so i guess the 360 being a faster loading copy is also wrong. I thought the story was really good it had some moments in it that were kinda bad but nothing to cry and make a thread about. I dont get why ppl say the game feels stiff it must just be a personal thing cause it feels fine to me. The strict execution on the moves and combos keeps the button mashers in check. The online has been good to me atleast I have only had 2 small lag spikes over the coarse of around 80 games I cant even tell I'm playing online most of the time.

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
Great execution? MK9 wasn't even that execution intensive to begin with lol.
My main is Kabal and nothing in his game is foreign to me.

IGAU is designed to be easy to play from the get go, moreso than MK9, but ironically, it's pretty much deeper. And no, IGAU has footsies when you really learn to play the game.
You kinda proved my point here, to reiterate: people can do with their characters everything from the get go, including movement, while in MK you need to work for it. My wins come from better movement and technical skills, not by outsmarting the opp (I'm not good at it) and I can't do that in Injustice. Not my cup of tea - simple as that.

As for futsies - no man, just no: this game has even less traditional futsies than MK: stage oversaturated with interact-ables, load of advancing specials and clunky movement system denies almost every bit of those (futsies). My opinion of course, don't want any holy war here.

THTB

Less traditional? IGAU's footsies are more comparable to a 2D fighter than MK9, whereas MK9's are pretty comparable to Tekken.

And Kabal is the only execution intensive character in the game, in reality, but even then, he's not taking it to total extremes.

cyke_out

Noob

You want a test of execution, go play .. I don't know.. Guitar Hero?

I fall into the camp that high execution is a barrier of play. The core of a fighter isn't about who can bust out the tightest one frame links the fastest. It's not a single-player game of you vs the controller and the game engine. it's a two player game of wills and tactics. Chess doesn't require you to juggle each piece blind-folded before you move it.

Before my words get twisted , I also do not advocate for the extremely simply. sometimes the way a move is performed is part of the strategy such as charge characters vs motion inputs. But thinking that a game must have insanely hard finger dexterity in order to be considered hardcore, is something I disagree with.

Is entertaining with a lots of content.

The current trend of some players is overexploit the games in one week and then drop them and go for another one.

Tke it with calm and enjoy the game.

My main is Kabal and nothing in his game is foreign to me.

You kinda proved my point here, to reiterate: people can do with their characters everything from the get go, including movement, while in MK you need to work for it. My wins come from better movement and technical skills, not by outsmarting the opp (I'm not good at it) and I can't do that in Injustice. Not my cup of tea - simple as that.

As for futsies - no man, just no: this game has even less traditional futsies than MK: stage oversaturated with interact-ables, load of advancing specials and clunky movement system denies almost every bit of those (futsies). My opinion of course, don't want any holy war here.
I enjoy tackling high-execution hurdles as well, but honestly NRS games are not where you would find any of that. If that's your thing, you should really look at King of Fighters XIII or Tekken Tag 2 if you haven't already. Now THOSE games have some pretty serious execution requirements.