What's new

We Kneel Before Zod Tomorrow - Official Trailer Inbound

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I honestly doubt it.
I almost choked laughing reading this post. Is this ignorance or sweet denial? Bring on the statistics!

a) this game sold about 500,000 copies in the first four weeks. For simplicity, we'll say it stopped selling after that.

b) TYM's entire membership sits just under 15,000. That's like... ~3.5% of the people who bought the game just in the first four weeks. And that's assuming every single member is active and plays Injustice... which they aren't, which they don't.

So if you figure in what the to-date sales figures must be in conjunction with using only the members here who are active on the forum and with Injustice, you're looking at ~.5% of the overall playerbase being represented here AT BEST.

Does it mean that the other 99.5% of the base aren't complete retards with no taste? Definitely not. Does it mean your opinion means dick to a company that craves profit like men crave sex like leeches crave blood? Yeah, pretty much.

Tough titties, but a lot of the DLC makes sense when you consider they have to pander to John Q. Public who only cares about the most popular stuff because that's all he knows. Or because NRS baits them like striped bass into going for particular options.

Pft. "Red Hood (Robin)". Why, what ever do you mean by "rigged poll"?

trufenix

bye felicia
Stunning. I love you guys, really.

NRS definitely failed their way to the top of the sales charts two months in a row.

Mulder

King of Heroes
You don't have to, you probably already bought a season pass and even if you didn't plenty of others who hate them did.
I'm not talking about the characters. I'm talking about the skins and how they marketed the character ((Zod)).

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
"Kneel before Zod!!!" (That way he can be eye level with you when you fight).. Kryptonian battle General? More like the munchkin mayor of OZ... (Lollipop Guild alt skin.... Who is with me?!?!?)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371770611.945100.jpg

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I refuse to kneel before Zod; He's going to have to deal with the Corps.

Zod mains, prepare your goggles.

I almost choked laughing reading this post. Is this ignorance or sweet denial? Bring on the statistics!

a) this game sold about 500,000 copies in the first four weeks. For simplicity, we'll say it stopped selling after that.

b) TYM's entire membership sits just under 15,000. That's like... ~3.5% of the people who bought the game just in the first four weeks. And that's assuming every single member is active and plays Injustice... which they aren't, which they don't.

So if you figure in what the to-date sales figures must be in conjunction with using only the members here who are active on the forum and with Injustice, you're looking at ~.5% of the overall playerbase being represented here AT BEST.

Does it mean that the other 99.5% of the base aren't complete retards with no taste? Definitely not. Does it mean your opinion means dick to a company that craves profit like men crave sex like leeches crave blood? Yeah, pretty much.

Tough titties, but a lot of the DLC makes sense when you consider they have to pander to John Q. Public who only cares about the most popular stuff because that's all he knows. Or because NRS baits them like striped bass into going for particular options.

Pft. "Red Hood (Robin)". Why, what ever do you mean by "rigged poll"?

You fail to realize that smaller statistics are often indicative of a larger portion of the pie. I don't think TYM is even close to the majority, but representative of the lowest denominator of minority it isn't. Assuming there aren't others who feel how some of the posters do here is silly.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
You fail to realize that smaller statistics are often indicative of a larger portion of the pie. I don't think TYM is even close to the majority, but representative of the lowest denominator of minority it isn't. Assuming there aren't others who feel how some of the posters do here is silly.
There are, but they aren't on TYM. As such they are irrelevant to this discussion. That wasn't even your point. Ninj said that TYM posters weren't the money earners, you said you doubted that, I explained why you shouldn't. I didn't fail to realize anything.

I'm sure there's an outgrowth in the player base that's more akin to what you find on this site that will probably never find their way here to join up. But the majority of people playing this game still think it needs more Batman shit or whatever.

Moreover, NRS isn't retarded. They know their demographics and they know the DLC that's being bitched for the most. It's not reflected in the first season pass because considering this game had to go gold in time for a mid-April release, and given the release cycle of the first four characters, they had to have been planned in advance so I think they pretty much did whatever the fuck they wanted. As evidenced by... pretty much all the characters in it. Just like all the costumes.

And the second season pass being based on player requests will almost undoubtedly not produce any better results. The hoi polloi are quite boring.

trufenix

bye felicia
His point isn't regarding the credibility of minority statements. Its that people in the minority think that if they speak louder or smarter, they somehow become the majority.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
I can't be the only one that actually likes Zod's look, can I? I like the bald and the beard. And man, that cocky stance is awesome. Michael Shannon's performance in Man of Steel was great and all, but the look in the movie wasn't anything unique or spectacular. I do support a MoS costume for him, though.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I can't be the only one that actually likes Zod's look, can I? I like the bald and the beard. And man, that cocky stance is awesome. Michael Shannon's performance in Man of Steel was great and all, but the look in the movie wasn't anything unique or spectacular. I do support a MoS costume for him, though.
I've yet to see Man of Steel. But I like everything about Zod except for the clothing. I love the stance, I don't care about the bald, and the beard bothers me none. I just think his outfit looks... eh. I think I said once that he looks like he's wearing a Zod costume from a discount Halloween magazine. It nods appropriately to Terence Stamp I think, but something about it just looks way off.

I also don't mind that he's a bit on the scrawny side. Aside from a few panels where he's in his spikes-of-villainy battle armor, I don't think I've ever seen him where he wasn't lacking bulk.

People also need to avoid holding their breath for movie skins. If that was going to happen, we would've gotten them for the Batman characters by now. Anything can happen I guess but I think WB wants to keep this game comic booky for the most part.

The Arrow skin seems to be an anomaly.

Funny how that title works again today :3

I got a lot of things planned in the training room tomorrow, besides just muscle memoring the man. I really want to know how low IAZC can go and if it's really 1f startup. It counts as a mid so a lot might suddenly be punishable if the hurtboxes aren't ducking(so probably still a no vs KF, but a man can dream!)

Looking forward to his strings that end on throw inputs, I love the look of strings like that, lobo had some great ones. Puzzeld about his 22 being 0% on the 2nd hit, probably just a last frame data error, but I was kinda hoping they finally got around to fixing that.

Nearly here, nearly time to make them all KNEEL.

I also like Zod's look in this game, represents his character perfectly