What's new

We Kneel Before Zod Tomorrow - Official Trailer Inbound

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The 4th Injustice: Gods Among Us character was officially announced during E3 last week being General Zod. General Zod or "Dru-Zod" is a very prominent enemy of Superman and a Warlord from Superman's home planet, Krypton. He will be available for download at the beginning of July (he will be banned from EVO) for players to start using.

Ed Boon has also confirmed via twitter that his official trailer will be going LIVE tomorrow (Friday).

Ed Boon
‏@noobde
RT @Realredhood @noobde zod trailer? release date? New skins? Today? EB: Sorry. Zod trailer had to be moved to tomorrow (Friday). Its cool!
Here is a short video of some General Zod gameplay footage recorded at E3:

Source: noobde
Credit: Art Killer B

Attachments

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I am not going to lie. Releasing Zod after Scorpion was one of the most stupid DLC decisions by NRS. Not only are you messing up the cross promotion. By that I mean the hype is dead and people that still have hype want Michael Shannon as Zod and hate the ugly bald one. However, they killed the hype for the season pass. It would have given people about 3 weeks to get over the fact that Scorpion was in the game. Instead we got hundreds upon thousands of Scorpion related posts because people were pissed.

Regarding EVO. I think it is funny that a lot of the Injustice community wanted Zod first so it would be a pure DC game at EVO. I hope just to spite NRS that a Scorpion wins EVO. I think Zod would have been a much better choice to allow at EVO especially considering that NRS released Scorpion early with a "broken" teleport.

Again they also killed the hype in regards to what character we were getting. He was leaked at E3 after his delayed announcement. After that we got 20 seconds on Conan. Now we have everything important. Essentially Boon hyped us up yesterday by saying that we would get news. Instead we got a recap. Cute. Anyways even with the trailer being tomorrow which is cool and all... he is going to be releasing in July. What the hell? Who wants to wait for July? He is clearly operational. I wish they would release him now so that he is allowed at EVO. Waiting two weeks for a character that almost no one cares about at this point is useless.

TL;DR- They should have made Zod the third DLC and continued the pattern they created in MK9 with the guest being the 4th slot.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Same reason why people got hyped over MMH at the end of Scorpion's trailer. We might get something extra at the end.
I don't see why we wouldn't. Come to think of it... that is another reason they should have released Zod first. That way they could advertise the second season pass at the proper time. :)

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
I am not going to lie. Releasing Zod after Scorpion was one of the most stupid DLC decisions by NRS. Not only are you messing up the cross promotion. By that I mean the hype is dead and people that still have hype want Michael Shannon as Zod and hate the ugly bald one. However, they killed the hype for the season pass. It would have given people about 3 weeks to get over the fact that Scorpion was in the game. Instead we got hundreds upon thousands of Scorpion related posts because people were pissed.

Regarding EVO. I think it is funny that a lot of the Injustice community wanted Zod first so it would be a pure DC game at EVO. I hope just to spite NRS that a Scorpion wins EVO. I think Zod would have been a much better choice to allow at EVO especially considering that NRS released Scorpion early with a "broken" teleport.

Again they also killed the hype in regards to what character we were getting. He was leaked at E3 after his delayed announcement. After that we got 20 seconds on Conan. Now we have everything important. Essentially Boon hyped us up yesterday by saying that we would get news. Instead we got a recap. Cute. Anyways even with the trailer being tomorrow which is cool and all... he is going to be releasing in July. What the hell? Who wants to wait for July? He is clearly operational. I wish they would release him now so that he is allowed at EVO. Waiting two weeks for a character that almost no one cares about at this point is useless.

TL;DR- They should have made Zod the third DLC and continued the pattern they created in MK9 with the guest being the 4th slot.

Exactly. They really made a few bad mistakes here didn't they. But I am looking forward to the trailer tomorrow for the proper Zod gameplay, the new skin (it better be good) and I'm hoping they give us something else... like another hint for MMH or any DLC, anything...

Not to mention waiting extra weeks hurt his chances of getting into Evo. Had Scorpion been 4th instead Zod would be in.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Exactly. They really made a few bad mistakes here didn't they. But I am looking forward to the trailer tomorrow for the proper Zod gameplay, the new skin (it better be good) and I'm hoping they give us something else... like another hint for MMH or any DLC, anything...
Hopefully we do get another skin reveal. I have the sneaking suspicion it will be the Flaming C though. :cool:

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Hopefully we do get another skin reveal. I have the sneaking suspicion it will be the Flaming C though. :cool:
Oh dear god I don't think they have the balls. -_- To give us two things we've already seen? Ugh. Not that I dislike the skin, I think it's cool and at least it's different, and not just another version of Superman. I don't think they will though, a lot of people didn't like the skin, the skin might not even be available to buy and they should know people would be disappointed to not see a different skin.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
NRS said no Flaming C.:(
What? They just wasted development time for a 15 second skit?! What the Living Corpse?! I cant even believe that. Now I am getting a little irritated.

Oh dear god I don't think they have the balls. -_- To give us two things we've already seen? Ugh. Not that I dislike the skin, I think it's cool and at least it's different, and not just another version of Superman. I don't think they will though, a lot of people didn't like the skin, the skin might not even be available to buy and they should know people would be disappointed to not see a different skin.
You don't think they have the balls? I guess you are right based on what Living Corpse said... but seriously they have the audacity to not only... you know what I am not even going to get into it... :p

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
You don't think they have the balls? I guess you are right based on what Living Corpse said... but seriously they have the audacity to not only... you know what I am not even going to get into it... :p
Fair enough, haha. But I know... ugh.

I don't mind all that much, but I think it's really really stupid that they made the Flaming C skin (that was pretty funny and different) just for that stupid Conan thing. He was on-screen for like, 10 seconds. Zod for 20? So dumb. And a lot of people were really liking the Flaming C skin.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
I think they're delaying him so that there isn't so much time between Zod's release and MMH's. If there is too long a wait without MMH being ready people will lose interest. Gotta keep us hyped to last to the next announcement and MMH can't be very far into development.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Fair enough, haha. But I know... ugh.

I don't mind all that much, but I think it's really really stupid that they made the Flaming C skin (that was pretty funny and different) just for that stupid Conan thing. He was on-screen for like, 10 seconds. Zod for 20? So dumb. And a lot of people were really liking the Flaming C skin.
Exactly. I have no idea how long it takes to develop a skin. If it is like a walk in the park why don't we have more on disc? Obviously it is a pretty essential part of the DLC.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
I think they're delaying him so that there isn't so much time between Zod's release and MMH's. If there is too long a wait without MMH being ready people will lose interest. Gotta keep us hyped to last to the next announcement and MMH can't be very far into development.
One can hope. You definitely have a good point. Once Zod comes out (after this big wait) people really won't be happy about having to wait weeks until wait most have actually been waiting for. I can see them doing this. Seriously they better give us a bone to chew in this Zod trailer though.

Exactly. I have no idea how long it takes to develop a skin. If it is like a walk in the park why don't we have more on disc? Obviously it is a pretty essential part of the DLC.
Yeah.

Mulder

King of Heroes

NRS is so stupid. I have a feeling a lot of this has to do with character number 5 ((Aka MMH.)) and them wanting to make the wait less. Thing is they completely failed at doing that.