What's new

WB using MK as a marketing platform taking out iconic chars and giving us BS because they need money

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
Who cares? Base roster is 100% better than MKX's and only slightly worse than MK9. Yeah I'd love for human Smoke to be in this game but who gives a shit? I fucking love the Terminator and Ash Williams, too though it's unlikely that I'll stop playing my boy Scorpion in favor of them.

Also I doubt that Spawn is a major selling point. I read that shit in the 90's and stopped shortly after that like everyone else. Nobody has given a fuck about that character except for a small and loyal fanbase for 15 years now.

My guess they put him in because the fuckers making this game are around my age and really love their old comic books and Evil Dead movies. I'm cool with that.
Roster better than mkx and MK 9 lol cetrion geras jackie joker Terminator sindel spawn
What about Rain Fujin kenshi reiko setkor Cyrax takeda serena quan chi ermac reptile stryker .No lets have fun with cetrion and the joker lol Nice Logic

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
But that's how kindergardeners communicate their complaints.

How else would you describe someone who ignores the 8 fan classics (Noob, Baraka, Kabal, Shang, Shao, Skarlet, Nightwolf and Jade) who just got brought back from MK9 and claim 3 (!) guests are WB/NRS are saving characters for DLC?
[/QUOTE

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Here is a question for all the guest character haters:

You have a largely casual fan base that has no clue about the deep lore of MK or its more obscure characters. They are mostly familiar with the characters from the first two MK games. They are also VERY familiar with pop culture characters such as the Terminator, Batman, Joker, Superman, Ash Williams etc.

You stand to make millions by adding these very recognizable pop culture figures to your game. In contrast, you stand to maybe break even by adding the MK characters that your more hardcore fans are asking for. When the investors in your company are asking you for the roadmap that will bring in the best results for that fiscal year, which path are you going to take?

NRS has clearly chosen both paths. Yet, to the uninitiated they have forsaken them. I'm glad I have a good understanding of the world view and I'm not so narrow minded that I don't see or care to see the big picture. To be honest, most of you won't even play as Sareena, Havik or Fujin. I know this because there is a severe shortage of Shang Tsung players on and offline.

You never know if those characters will be execution heavy but if history tells us anything, most of you avoid execution heavy characters and historically, the ones you are asking for have been.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
I don't think anyone has any doubt of WHY NRS are introducing guest characters into MK. We know why!
Doesn't mean people have to like it though, and still prefer more MK characters over guest characters.
I prefer them as well, but there will be a definite "cool factor" playing as the Terminator. Imagine his moves, intro and win pose outros. He will most likely have the red screen threat scan of his opponent and he will likely have the full on Multi-T-800 army apocalypse scene as an outro.

His moves will likely reference some movie/comic book lore as well.

These guests seem like a good thing to me.