What's new

Was this win cheap? Should I be ashamed?

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I can't wait for the day when I go online and every plays Mileena and only uses D4 merely saying it's just casuals.
Again, w/all the top tier chars, if you are losing to just Mileena's D4, it is a reflection on you as a player. Good player will find a way around 1 move, If you can't.........practice?

aj1701

Noob
If you want to win like that, somethings wrong...

He had some options to get out. if you block the D4 like 3 times Mileena is pushed far away. armor on EXSpear, EXTeleport and such.

but why would you be so cheap for a win?
Bull, if you can't escape that, youre a scrub.

Evrain

Noob
I've always concerned myself with whether my win was "cheap" and I still get a lot of messages saying some crap like "you dont combo" or "low kick spammer" or whatever. Your win was legit and it's his loss that he didn't know how to handle d4. If you get grief for such scenarios just ignore the message and/or add them to block list. That's what I've been doing lately.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I've always concerned myself with whether my win was "cheap" and I still get a lot of messages saying some crap like "you dont combo" or "low kick spammer" or whatever. Your win was legit and it's his loss that he didn't know how to handle d4. If you get grief for such scenarios just ignore the message and/or add them to block list. That's what I've been doing lately.
I always reply the same way when I get hatemail

"Find the block button on your controller and use it. If you can't, trade the game in and quit"

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
Its not cheap a its just playing the game. But i have done something similar to this and felt kinda dirty lol. Still if they cant figure out how to stop it then they deserve the loss.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I remember being a kid and playing MK2 in the arcades against adults who had cars so they could practice every day. Ask me if they showed me ANY mercy. I was 9. Fuck that, winning is winning. Now ask me if I show kids any mercy

I remember being a kid and playing MK2 in the arcades against adults who had cars so they could practice every day. Ask me if they showed me ANY mercy. I was 9. Fuck that, winning is winning. Now ask me if I show kids any mercy
Lmfao nori you're too funny. No mercy against kids? Even against players who aren't as good I'll use kombatants i'm not as good with.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Yes it was. I recommend going to your nearest law enforcement agency and turn yourself in you cheap phoney! Maybe he thought you guys were playing with the no jump kombat kode.

Not your fault the guy was a aerodynamically challenged!

redeyes

Button Masher
see my sig on what i think about Mileenas d4 :D

and i do this all the time if people are too dumb to block low then i will abuse the hell out of it. i could careless if people like me or not. i play to win not to be fair ( except glitching screw glitches)

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
Shame, like every emotion, has its place in life, but its certainly not in mortal kombat, hahaha ♥

I'm certain he will respect the power of d4 after that! If the rumors are true that d4 is going to be nerfed, then we should be enjoying its powers as much as we can.

In other words, d4 all up in dat ass, all day errday, yes maam

It's not cheap man, the guy probably hadn't faced a D+4 Equipped Mileena.
Every body has ways that they feel cheap when playing a character.
Like when I play as sub-zero I feel that I don't deserve wins...but I get them.
"A WIN IS A WIN."
Have a good day.
~Hound.

cyke_out

Noob
Since the new patch notes show d4 isn't being touched, you can keep on d4'ing forever while you soak up your opponents tears.

Radz

F4GroundSkull
I get a lot of hatemail about using D+4 as well, but if they block low it does 0% damage...

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
A WIN IS A WIN. PERIOD.

I may not like the way I lose a match from time to time, but it doesn't make a difference.

Unless there is some kind of cheating going on, every loss is just that - a loss.

Regardless of the strategy used.

A win is a win, whatever it takes, etc... I wouldn't have sent you hate mail, but I most likely wouldn't rematch you either.

Would have given you a 0 in KotH though, which I rarely do. I'd be laughing at how hilarious the corner trap was though.

cyke_out

Noob
It's not a really corner trap, the opponent just forgot where his block button was.

I love people that think giving me zero's in KotH is some kind of punishment or will make me play any different. All it does it makes me think people who do that are sore loser scrubs who couldn't find a way out of whatever it is I'm doing.

It's not a really corner trap, the opponent just forgot where his block button was.

I love people that think giving me zero's in KotH is some kind of punishment or will make me play any different. All it does it makes me think people who do that are sore loser scrubs who couldn't find a way out of whatever it is I'm doing.
Perhaps I should have put the corner trap in quotes, as it isn't really a trap, just a frame advantage, and a guy who doesn't know what the block button is for.

You're going to imply I'm a scrub because I would have given you a 0? Excuse me for being bored of watching d4, repeatedly, in the corner. Maybe I should say how in this instance I'm watching the match. I doubt anyone on this forum would fail to use block.

cyke_out

Noob
Perhaps I should have put the corner trap in quotes, as it isn't really a trap, just a frame advantage, and a guy who doesn't know what the block button is for.

You're going to imply I'm a scrub because I would have given you a 0? Excuse me for being bored of watching d4, repeatedly, in the corner. Maybe I should say how in this instance I'm watching the match. I doubt anyone on this forum would fail to use block.
not every match is going to be entertaining, but to make an entertaining match requires both players doing their part. if the other guy can't stop something, why should anyone change their gameplan, possibly costing them the match, just to make it so you won't be bored? and if you want to blame someone, blame the guy who lost.

not every match is going to be entertaining, but to make an entertaining match requires both players doing their part. if the other guy can't stop something, why should anyone change their gameplan, possibly costing them the match, just to make it so you won't be bored? and if you want to blame someone, blame the guy who lost.
I wouldn't blame anyone, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

I would give the other guy a 0 as well, as he can't press the block button, but we can only offer points to the winner.

To be fair, one of the main points of KotH is to entertain. Kind of why they have the "Respect Points" in place.

I also want to point out that many of us do modify how we fight, especially in KotH. Who here isn't guilty of going for that Babality during a KotH, at least once or twice?