What's new

Was this win cheap? Should I be ashamed?

OK, let me lay out the scenario and you tell me if I should be ashamed of this win.

I went into my King of the Hill matchup against a player that was dominating everybody. Against me he was Scorpion and completely owned me in Round 1. In round 2 I legitimately won...nothing could be considered cheap.

Then in Round 3 we were even in energy (about a quarter of health gone) when he got caught in a corner. I started D4'ing him and he couldn't get out. Mileena's D4 had frame advantage on his teleport and he couldn't escape. I literally kept doing this D4 until he died and I won the match.

Was this cheap, should I be ashamed?

I look at it as I am not good enough to take wins for granted. I took what I could get.

Opinions?

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
OK, let me lay out the scenario and you tell me if I should be ashamed of this win.

I went into my King of the Hill matchup against a player that was dominating everybody. Against me he was Scorpion and completely owned me in Round 1. In round 2 I legitimately won...nothing could be considered cheap.

Then in Round 3 we were even in energy (about a quarter of health gone) when he got caught in a corner. I started D4'ing him and he couldn't get out. Mileena's D4 had frame advantage on his teleport and he couldn't escape. I literally kept doing this D4 until he died and I won the match.

I look at it as I am not good enough to take wins for granted. I took what I could get.

Opinions?
He could've jumped between d4s. His fault for failing Mileena's famous stupid test :p

Rapid

Magical Gaming Wizard
Nope, he should have used Ex. Spear for the armor. Just didn't know the character he was using. Shame.

Enenra

Go to hell.

Opinions?
IMO Yes. I would've given you a 0 straight up. That shit is ultra dominant online. A win is a win though.

All he had to do was block low. The push back would have given him space to do a leg takedown/ teleport/whatever.

Unless you manipulated a glitch, a win is a win. Don't complain about the players, complain about the developers. Then again, I have no problem with mileena, so no complaints there.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
All he had to do was block low. The push back would have given him space to do a leg takedown/ teleport/whatever.

Unless you manipulated a glitch, a win is a win. Don't complain about the players, complain about the developers. Then again, I have no problem with mileena, so no complaints there.
This

There is no honor system in winning and losing online, unless glitches are being used. Since when is Mileena's D4 broken? KL, Reptile, Kabal, JC (online) say hi. There are cheap things online you have to deal w/. If you want to play an "honorable" way, then find somebody who plays just like you. Winning is winning. A good player would have figured you out and took you out, bottom line

If you want to win like that, somethings wrong...

He had some options to get out. if you block the D4 like 3 times Mileena is pushed far away. armor on EXSpear, EXTeleport and such.

but why would you be so cheap for a win?

Enenra

Go to hell.
The problem is it was online... The lag prevents even the easiest of tasks ie downblocking between D4s

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
A lot of your responses confirmed my thoughts that a win is a win.

I'm not good enough to let on go because it might be cheap.
Dude, if you can beat somebody w/just D4, that means they suck, not that you are cheap. I don't see KL/Reptile/Raiden/Kabal/Cyrax players apologizing or making threads that "this and that" is cheap. It's online, so it's treated as casuals, winning is winning. You go online to win, not to do anything else.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The problem is it was online... The lag prevents even the easiest of tasks ie downblocking between D4s
This. Since I've been doing extra training homework (playing pretty much nothing but Ladder since practice is unreliable - dummy never uses breakers, leaves itself open for attacks you know a human would be blocking all day for, even on Expert) I can't even play online anymore because even the best connection still comes with that slight lag, and that slight lag throws too much off, especially if you aren't host.

cyke_out

Noob
How does lag prevent you from holding down and block?

It's not like he was doing a mix-up, saying lag makes this a cheap win, is just another way blaming something else for the player being an idiot.

arydious

Noob
I dont see anything wrong with this. You won, maybe not in the greatest style but you did take it. I would have given you like 5 points but at the same time there are ways around it.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
The guy was a moron and you took advantage of it, nothing bad with that. I'd have given you 10 points for the lulz too.

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
The guy was a moron and you took advantage of it, nothing bad with that. I'd have given you 10 points for the lulz too.
I'd have given a 10 if I was the guy who lost... thanks for teaching me a valuable lesson about the importance of blocking. Actually I'd be mad if he stopped doing it...don't sandbag me just because you found my weak spot, it's insulting.

Reedoms

Noob
Dude, if you can beat somebody w/just D4, that means they suck, not that you are cheap. I don't see KL/Reptile/Raiden/Kabal/Cyrax players apologizing or making threads that "this and that" is cheap. It's online, so it's treated as casuals, winning is winning. You go online to win, not to do anything else.
I can't wait for the day when I go online and every plays Mileena and only uses D4 merely saying it's just casuals.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
A win is a win. I, for instance, often concern myself with being 'cheap' and 'unfair' and in doing so I don't use D4s every often or throw. Could I have won many more matches if I threw more or used more D4 into acid hands with Reptile? I'm certain.

Remember, Scorpion has an actual cheap ass unblockable move, it's called hellfire. There is a good deal of actual cheap shit in this game, I don't know why it still amazes people.