What's new

Was I right about Killer Frost?

Killer Frost is a mid-tier character in Injustice: Gods Among Us

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yea we disagree. Tourney results DO have an impact because the majority of players use the best characters. You won't see more Ares players than Aquaman for a reason. MMH would never be unplayed because he's too good. A true #1. He'll be more played as the game goes not less. Where as Frost has been dropped among the most. Most of the characters considered top tier during their time either won tourneys or would have steady multiple placements consistently. Except Frost. She was "so good" for "so long" but lost "so much" in comparison to characters whose level she was supposedly on. That's why I couldn't buy into it back then.

16 Bit for example looks better with Catwoman than he ever did with Frost, but at the time he dropped her on paper it looked "bad". Now maybe he just plays better with a different character and that's fine, but I don't think if she was as good as proclaimed. No one is dropping anyone in the top 10 right now because they are an actual top 10 level crew.

I've just always heard how "great" she was for so long, and waited for so long to actually "see" her be great, but it never happened. While all the other "great" characters were, well, great. Fast forward to June 2014 and we have a "Top 15ish" type of character, which sounds about right.
Yeah we disagree completely. I mean obviously players are going to pick characters they feel are good or have potential, but tournament results are more about the players (especially in more balanced games). There are several great characters in this game that are viable and can win tournaments. From what I see as your viewpoint, basically anyone who watches a stream should never even try out a character that isn't represented because those are the only top characters available since the other ones are not represented. So you would potentially have a bunch of un-touched characters who haven't been fully explored and you could miss a hidden gem.

I believe in breaking down a characters tools and matchups to determine if a character is good or not, but I think going off tournament results and saying that they themselves impact if a character is good or not is completely ludicrous. There are too many variables going on when people are playing each other, and you don't get an objective enough view of the characters. I understand that it watching tournaments makes it easy to immediately associate great characters with high placements, but it is fundamentally the absolute wrong way to look at it.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
After all...it could have been worse. Look at what happened to Ares. That's all you need to know.

E

Eldriken

Can we all just agree that Killer Frost is a cold-hearted bitch and move on? Thank you.

Uhh, Miles claims were mostly bottom 5 and low tier. Not mid tier. Although they've never been consistent.

Even if KF is mid tier, he was wrong most of the time.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
actually nah shes top tier (or bane tier), she gets a guranteed 70% after 1 touch lol plus she has a vortex and doesnt she have no losing matchups? how the hell is that mid tier

funny enough i thought about making a thread like this but it was gonna say "i was right about GL" and not be a question haha
She's loses to MMH that's all I know

With the announcement of Mortal Kombat X there is no denying that Injustice will take a backseat to it indefinitely. Not to say people don't like Injustice but similarly to Killer Instinct the game will have a presence on Test Your Might and every so often some results for it may be posted but ultimately very few people care, this same thing happened with Mortal Kombat 9.

As Injustice reaches the end of it's lifespan within 1-2 more years is it still argued that Killer Frost is a top-tier character or was I correct the entire time?
jump backwards

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
LOL @ everyone claimed the entire life of the game. KF is a great character. Always has been and always will be as long as we don't see another patch. My favorite thing is people like you who generalize what the KF forums think based on what Myles's loud-mouth threads claim without even reading any discussion.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/killer-frost-official-community-match-up-discussion.38804/ Killer Frost was 7-3ing Bane, Sinestro and 6-4 more than half the characters in the game and this was after she lost trait cancels. Even now Killer Frost allegedly only has 2 losing match-ups

RiBBz22

http://testyourmight.com/threads/killer-frost-official-community-match-up-discussion.38804/ Killer Frost was 7-3ing Bane, Sinestro and 6-4 more than half the characters in the game and this was after she lost trait cancels. Even now Killer Frost allegedly only has 2 losing match-ups
She did beat Bane 7-3, until 700 buffs and she now goes even or slightly loses IMO after 3 patches lol. With patches things change although you wouldn't think so the way your tiny brain thinks ... where you refer to statements from when they were valid to when they no longer apply because the game has changed. She still 6-4's Sinestro IMO, so yeah like I said you have been wrong since the game came out.

Please tell me how Bane was going to get in on Killer Frost full screen when she is spamming a 2-hit projectile, can parry his charge into full combo in venom level 1/2/3, where he doesn't have a godlike dash, and spends half his time having to stay full screen and turtle because of increased cooldown venom debuff.

Last edited:

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
She did beat Bane 7-3, until 700 buffs and she now goes even or slightly loses IMO after 3 patches lol. With patches things change although you wouldn't think so the way your tiny brain thinks ... where you refer to statements from when they were valid to when they no longer apply because the game has changed. She still 6-4's Sinestro IMO, so yeah like I said you have been wrong since the game came out.

Please tell me how Bane was going to get in on Killer Frost full screen when she is spamming a 2-hit projectile, can parry his charge into full combo in venom level 1/2/3, where he doesn't have a godlike dash, and spends half his time having to stay full screen and turtle because of increased cooldown venom debuff.
Ribbz using logic, but the only thing i took from this is how myles backtracked on his words now hes asking if he was "right" saying kf was mid tier, i distinctly remember myles saying shes bottom tier " un-viable" and lost to everyone lol now hes re canted to come out as "right" cant trick me myles once a retard always a retard.

RiBBz22

Ribbz using logic, but the only thing i took from this is how myles backtracked on his words now hes asking if he was "right" saying kf was mid tier, i distinctly remember myles saying shes bottom tier " un-viable" and lost to everyone lol now hes re canted to come out as "right" cant trick me myles once a retard always a retard.
Haha, good to see some people using their brain on this site :p . Kidding aside, I think people understand KF is a good character and all that, but at the same time it is fun to feed the troll sometimes so I think that is where most of the agreement with Myles's idiotic statements come from.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I'm not referring to day one I am referring to the final patch of Injustice being done and dusted and somehow the Killer Frost community still believing the character is Top 5 up until recently when like you, they refuse to admit that I was correct the entire time and instead try to argue their point on old data that couldn't be any less relevant.
The Killer Frost match-up discussion thread currently lists her as having 2 bad match-ups which are only 4-6.. to some extent I still believe that you guys were not playing the game because when I was getting blown up by Harley's b2 pre-patch.. and then Khaotik gets destroyed by it and on here it was 6-4 Killer Frost? this is when I knew Killer Frost players did not know what they were talking about and this is applicable to pretty much every Killer Frost match-up

RiBBz22

I'm not referring to day one I am referring to the final patch of Injustice being done and dusted and somehow the Killer Frost community still believing the character is Top 5 up until recently when like you, they refuse to admit that I was correct the entire time and instead try to argue their point on old data that couldn't be any less relevant.
The Killer Frost match-up discussion thread currently lists her as having 2 bad match-ups which are only 4-6.. to some extent I still believe that you guys were not playing the game because when I was getting blown up by Harley's b2 pre-patch.. and then Khaotik gets destroyed by it and on here it was 6-4 Killer Frost? this is when I knew Killer Frost players did not know what they were talking about and this is applicable to pretty much every Killer Frost match-up
You can say what you are referring to all you want, but you pick and choose what you want to use since the game came out for the betterment of your trolls. Anyways, I already laid out the timeline on page one of what at least my opinions were. I felt like most of the players in the forum generally were of the same consensus. After the patch that increased damage on MB f3 and nerfed interactables, we probably had KF somewhere between 5-10 and saw those changes as buffs. At that time we started talking if she could potentially be top 5. Regarding the community MU chart, I still think it reflects her MU's pretty well as I still feel that KF has very few bad MU's in this game. 5-5's that I feel like she has the potential to lose are: Bane, Hawkgirl, Wonder Woman, , Zod, and Black Adam. With that said I don't think any of those are that bad enough to change those 5-5's without some significant discussion in the community thread.

As things stand now I think she is upper-mid to probably high tier (doesn't really matter). I don't feel like a top 10 list really matters in this game since a ton of characters are good and are viable. And KF is certainly very good and viable.

Thus, you were wrong the entire life of the game so far since at every point you have questioned her viability and I don't expect that trend to end as we move forward.

Last edited:

RiBBz22

sad part is that he brings up good points........ but you guys have just branded him in the same way we've branded M2Dave.

sucks.
I think people on here are easily fooled that don't really read the KF discussion forum. Which I can understand as I don't deep dive into all the other forums for characters I am not really using.

Myles, who cares if you're right or wrong?

The reason people rip on you isn't only because your tier list opinion, its because you're insufferable in spouting it out every chance you get, and have spent the entire year doing nothing but crying and complaining about it while other KF players have been making top 8's.

And why the hell do people need to feed his ego by saying "well, he's right about KF"?

You can beat your girlfriend and say "wow, I did something very wrong". Your statement would be right and correct, but it doesn't make you less of an ass hat.

I swear, if I end up coincidentally playing the same character as you in MKX, I will literally drop that character so I don't have to deal with you constantly derailing the character sub forum I visit.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Myles, who cares if you're right or wrong?

The reason people rip on you isn't only because your tier list opinion, its because you're insufferable in spouting it out every chance you get, and have spent the entire year doing nothing but crying and complaining about it while other KF players have been making top 8's.

And why the hell do people need to feed his ego by saying "well, he's right about KF"?

You can beat your girlfriend and say "wow, I did something very wrong". Your statement would be right and correct, but it doesn't make you less of an ass hat.

I swear, if I end up coincidentally playing the same character as you in MKX, I will literally drop that character so I don't have to deal with you constantly derailing the character sub forum I visit.
or you could just ignore him

seems like a better solution. Youll never have to see his posts again.

But he DOES sometimes bring up good points..... but they are tossed aside.... for the exact reason you're saying.

RiBBz22

or you could just ignore him

seems like a better solution. Youll never have to see his posts again.

But he DOES sometimes bring up good points..... but they are tossed aside.... for the exact reason you're saying.
There is something to be said for the way you conduct yourself and how you present your information with how it is received. If you make logical, constructive arguments consistently and not create mixtures between fact and fiction to serve your purpose along with making ludicrous statements... then yeah they would tend to be better received overall.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
There is something to be said for the way you conduct yourself and how you present your information with how it is received. If you make a logical, constructive arguments consistently and not create mixtures between fact and fiction to serve your purpose along with making ludicrous statements... then yeah they would tend to be better received overall.
we are going to end up maining the same character in mkX and break it

you just wait

we are agreeing on tooooooo many things

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
As things stand now I think she is upper-mid
Asking for an official apology thread may be too much but I think everyone is on the same page now. You can try to argue that she's upper-mid to make the relentless up-playing of the character not seem so ridiculous but whatever, Killer Frost is mid-tier and the community has fully got to the level of understanding I was at months ago

So filling the forum with inaccurate information on how x character 7-3s this other character is not derailing anything at all especially in a fighting game when people may want to pick up alternate characters for particular match-ups. I provided accurate relevant information when needed which was almost all the time because most of it was wrong