What's new

vVv's New Controversial Article

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
he seems VERY out of the loop if he thinks some of these people hes calling out dont understand the 'grown up world'.

what a patronising dick.

[edit] he doesnt seem to realise spooky responded the way he did AFTER this guy said 'none of you motherfuckers pay my bills' what kind of response was he expecting after that?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
What I find funny is, I had no idea who the hell vVv was before they started sponsoring some of the MK players, I sure knew about David though.

edit: Their t-shirt avatars are REALLY lame. Holy shit, those shirts are $25?! LOL

RagingNight

Dojo Trainee
vvv gaming is a joke. Fuck them. He can't even read.

Yeah because Ultradavid is really making bank from having the FGC being "underground". FUCK OUTTA HEAR SON.

This guy is just trying to stir up shit. UD article isn't even about why the FGC and MLG shouldn't be together, but rather WHY they are different and that both sides need to understand each other in order for it to work.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
This was talked about this last night somewhere, i think maybe while I was at VSM, how vVv used to have PR Balrog. They obviously know quite a great deal about the FGC considering they let him go.

This author is EXACTLY what UltraDavid and Tom are talking about. He doesn't understand the community. It's doing fine on its own, has grown tremendously over the past few years, and a "professional", corporate organization telling us what we can and cannot do anymore would be a huge turnoff. I also think it's pretty funny when he says that David's a "fucking poser" who knows nothing about arcade culture, because he's been to arcades before. Now, what's the ONLY genre of competitive game that's lasted in arcades all the way from the 1980's till now?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I don't get the point of the article. I made a response though.

RagingNight

Dojo Trainee
Somebody needs to tweet this to Ultradavid, tom cannon, spooky and the top players he quotes. I want to see their reaction/response to this. ROFL

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
This author is EXACTLY what UltraDavid and Tom are talking about. He doesn't understand the community. It's doing fine on its own, has grown tremendously over the past few years, and a "professional", corporate organization telling us what we can and cannot do anymore would be a huge turnoff. I also think it's pretty funny when he says that David's a "fucking poser" who knows nothing about arcade culture, because he's been to arcades before. Now, what's the ONLY genre of competitive game that's lasted in arcades all the way from the 1980's till now?
Just FYI that is the owner of vVv, Lord Jerith.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I have never seen a more pompous and snide article about a video game. Remember when tournaments where for fun and improving the FGC? Now we spend most of the time bashing each other. Horrible article purely because it is seeping with bias.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
He and his minion went on to say that they will just have to go on and try to carry the FGC and see what happens. The MAJOR point that the players/people are trying to make is that they don't want to risk someone doing just that and stomping all over tournaments and systems that have been created over years of hard work by a lot of players.
Exactly this.

Every time he opens his mouth he is making the situation worse. If it is still his goal to try to get the FGC on board, then he should address the FGC like the professional, adult businessman that he repeatedly claims to be and quit the childishness.
And this.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Anyone have a TL;DR version?...my pc doesn't recognize long versions apparently...
vVv LordJerith: "YOUR OPINION IS CONDESCENDING AND STUPID. HAHA, I LAUGH AT YOU WHILE I COUNT MY MONEY. A FEW GUYS SAY YOU'RE SPECIAL AND FUCK MLG, WELL FUCK THE FGC. WE DON'T NEED YOU GUYS, YOU GUYS NEEDS US. INSULT BLAH BLAH INSULT"

Basically.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I also have learned that [MENTION=16]REO[/MENTION] isn't going to SCR last minute. I know this may stir up some unintended drama, but I wonder if it has something to do with all of this.

RagingNight

Dojo Trainee
Its basically a rant. He quotes some top players (Latif, Jwong, and some others) about how they want the FGC to be with e-sports. Then he points to Tom Cannon's article and Ultradavid's article and is like "These guys are holding you back, they don't want the FGC to be with e-sports so they can pocket the profits". Then goes on to take select parts of Ultradavid's article to use as reasons why e-sports shouldn't take the FGC when its definitely out of context.

If this is representation of vvv gaming then I hope vvv gaming dies.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Can i get some basic Questions answered? Quite honestly all this is new to me so before i REALLY respond i want to know what im talking about so i dont look like a total tool bag.

1. What games are considered esports currently?

2. Can I get a brief description of esports?

3. What are the perceived positives and negatives of MK or FGC joining up with Esports

4. Have any of you witnessed these positives/Negatives w evidence in current esport titles?

5. Does EVO organizer feel threatened by esports? (if so i feel this is a good thing for us)

6. Who is in full support of FGC joining Esports?

Ill go with that first and i seriously want to join in the topic but like i said i really want to understand as much as i can before i post out of my ass

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Honestly my guess w reo not going to SCR is due to its projected #s

Only my guess and nothing more

RagingNight

Dojo Trainee
Can i get some basic Questions answered? Quite honestly all this is new to me so before i REALLY respond i want to know what im talking about so i dont look like a total tool bag.

1. What games are considered esports currently?

2. Can I get a brief description of esports?

3. What are the perceived positives and negatives of MK or FGC joining up with Esports

4. Have any of you witnessed these positives/Negatives w evidence in current esport titles?

5. Does EVO organizer feel threatened by esports? (if so i feel this is a good thing for us)

6. Who is in full support of FGC joining Esports?

Ill go with that first and i seriously want to join in the topic but like i said i really want to understand as much as i can before i post out of my ass
1. SC2, League of Legends, CoD, Halo and all sponsor games in a league from leagues such as IPL, WCG, MLG and so on

2. The phrase e-sports is stupid. Its simply a term for competitive gaming but given the title e-sports to validate itself by using the word "sports". In the context that is being used e-sports refers to league sponsored games

3. Read ultradavid's article. Its on SRK. This question alone deserves an article like ultradavids.

4. Read david's article. You can't compare the FGC to communities of e-sports. Even the communities within e-sports are different from each other. (look at MOBA and then look at FPS). The negatives to the FGC are fear that they won't allow things such as 1 open tourney 2) community commentators 3) censorship 4) dividing the FGC by choosing a select game to be sponsor and etc.

5. Its not evo feels like its being threaten. You are getting the wrong vibe. Its that the professional leagues will do fighting games the way they see fit and divide the FGC. The FGC wants the professional leagues to first understand the difference between the two cultures so that if they do work together it will succeed and not repeat past mistakes.

6. A lot of people are in support of the FGC joining e-sports but at the same time want to do it right. Not have invitational only, or a Code S and a Code A bracket or anything like that.

Honestly the leagues are basically saying there are two options. You can 1) join us or 2) stay where you are "underground and grassroot". When in reality there is alternatives to leagues and that it is not wrong for the FGC to look for that alternative

BIG NOTE
By having the FGC be a part of the professional leagues and e-sports, smaller games/scenes will be left out. Realistically MLG and other leagues will not support/sponsor like 5-6 fighting games. Guess what? games get left out. When games get left out, they become more niche.

edit

I honestly would support the FGC joining the MLG IF DONE RIGHT. By that, both sides have to be represented equally and discuss things. I feel that all the groups within the FGC need to talk things out with one another, have a representative group to discuss things like this.

EXAMPLE of divide
Lets say SF4 joins MLG or IPL, guess what happens to MK9? MK9 will be on the backburner and be a niche game. People would rather play/practice a game that they can make more money (esp 10k+) off of then games they truly like. You know what happens to non-league sponsored games? They get left out of the "FGC"