What's new

Vote on which defeated Battle Arena Character didn't get their "fair shake"

I'm completely lost on the appeal of shazam. I'm not flaming anyone for liking him I just dont get it. He is painfully generic looking, overpowered, he seems like he belongs in that movie "sky high". Or in one of those comics they give you in grade school telling you to stay off drugs.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I'm completely lost on the appeal of shazam. I'm not flaming anyone for liking him I just dont get it. He is painfully generic looking, overpowered, he seems like he belongs in that movie "sky high". Or in one of those comics they give you in grade school telling you to stay off drugs.
I admit, his design and backstory are sort of a relic from the golden age of comics, but they sort of recognized this recently and instead of being a nice kid who turns into the hero Captain Marvel they have and absolute little shite of a kid rivaling Damian Wayne in general bastardy, who immediately sort of uses his powers to serve himself, but part of the power is he can't help but run into crimes being committed. He's sort of forced to be a hero.

SLy

Noob
Hawkgirl did ok.. Its just the times when they did display what she has.. The camera angles went derp.

I think Shazam didn't really get a chance to do anything. His first impression wasn't good enough now looking at everyone else.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I think the main problem, is that people saw this as "who would actually win" from the start, when it was never intended to be. It was always supposed to be a popularity contest. Even the Injustice twitter/facebook account stated in a reply to a fan that it's all about fans being able to pick their favorites. It's the fans that turned it into a comparison of skills/strengths. The "expert" analysis debates don't really help that either, but still, to me, it's pretty obvious something like this would have to be based on popularity/favoritism. People are going to naturally vote for who they like, and if it was based on probability of who would win, that makes the outcome even more obvious than the popularity method.

Exactly, this was never meant to answer the "great questions" of which hero would win in a fight, it's not a be all, end all fight that's going in depth with their abilities and doing calculations and stuff like "Death Battle", it's a "who do you like and want to win".

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Most of you guys complain about it tho Like the Harley, WW fight everyone on here was just like WW no contest. I said it was just a Popularity contest from the start if it was meant to be based on ability why would they have even picked the matchups that they did? It would have made no sense.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Yes Bane had a poor showing and deserves a second chance.Unfortunetely I reached this conclusion AFTER having voted for Shazam.:oops:

i thought Bane showed alot during his fight, but i guess the people want moar Bane and thats cool but does no one think Shazam really showed the least? him or Sinestro
Shazam had a bunch of combos and you can kinda imagine where he is going.
Bane on the other hand was ... throwing stage interactives at Batman and did the Bane Train.

But Bane seems to be losing the voting anyway, so ... meh.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Shazam had a bunch of combos and you can kinda imagine where he is going.
Bane on the other hand was ... throwing stage interactives at Batman and did the Bane Train.

But Bane seems to be losing the voting anyway, so ... meh.
Bane did more combos than Shazam -__-

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Yes Bane had a poor showing and deserves a second chance.Unfortunetely I reached this conclusion AFTER having voted for Shazam.:oops:
It's a good thing you can change your vote at any time, then.

Bane did 2 combos that were more than 3 hits, and one combo into super. Same as Shazam, who did more short combos anyway.

You should actually watch the videos.
What people mean to say is that there are characters who didn't get a fair shake because they're lesser knowns that went up against fanboy powerhouses and got completely eliminated way too early.

This whole thing was a joke. It should've been done way earlier and used as a means to reveal and demo either ALL or at least 90% of the roster. Rather than just set up to be the shortest distance between start and the Batman vs. Superman final.

Some of the match-ups in voting could've gone either way. Flash/SHAZAM!, for one. But come on, Batman/Bane, Superman/Sinestro, Wonder Woman/Harley? Some characters just got screwed at the start.

It shouldn't be about one character. There should really just be a full losers bracket.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Bane:
Didn't really show much. I agree with some that it looked like a Batman showcase. I still feel like we haven't really seen all his tools and what makes him a proper character.

Harley Quinn:
Looked great, really. I think they really showcased how Harley is suppose to function as well. She looked like she is going to be a pretty solid character.

Shazam:
Looked incredible. They showed off so many of his tools, and he looks like he might shape up to be a great character aswell.

Lex:
Looked great, but they didn't really showoff some of his moves good enough. At one point he throws a little drone into the air, but Joker hits him and it disappears. We have no idea what it's purpose is still. Something tells me that we can't assume all his potential yet, but just a good amount of it.

Cyborg:
Looked amazing. Enough said right? It's pretty clear Cyborg will be a good character if he was executed right.

Solomon Grundy:
Looked solid. They showed off that he relies alot on 'getting in dat ass' and abusing armor and grabs. Looks like he'll be a good character.

Hawkgirl:
Looked incredible. If someone can't see her potential from that video, then they have to rewatch it. Her attack where she charges up her mace and throws it is basically a buster-shot from Zero in MvC3. After it hits(you could even throw it in the air) it creates a hard knockdown that is really easy to come in and combo out of. Mix that with her hundreds of angles of attack because of her beastly air mobility and it's assured she will at least be a threat.

Sinestro:
Amazing, enough said. He looks great, and solid. That little drone he summons after charging it a while is seriously just scary. When it's out it looks like he could apply a huge amount of SAFE pressure and mixups, and that is something not to just shrug off.

So who do I think didn't get their "fair shake"? If I completely put my personal thoughts and opinions aside, I'd have to say Bane. He just didn't get as much showcase as the others did even though he lost.

But of course, this ends up as another popularity contest and Shazam will win. It's expected, I shouldn't be surprised.

Pariah

Holding on.
I thought the way that Sinestro was stylin' on Superman, should have gotten the win. But it's a popularity constest... so yeah.

Superman didn't seem to do anything interesting, other than the 1 or 2 combos. I think that 1 of the 2 Stage Transitions and the the Super Combo together did more damage than anything else.