What's new

Question Viability ?

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
I think he's good, I play him like cage. Land my b22/f21/d1d2 xxLKick for free pressure and its like 20% so in theory you only need to guess right 3 times to take the game. But that's just how I play :)

Yep, d2 is 100% viable online once you get the timing.
1, 1 after the charge MB and Sonic pound MB dash is also easier but I can't do it constantly online as well as Zyphox from what I've seen, so I'll keep comboing with my d2 ^^
if it works, do it! I'm gonna try these out… I cringe every time I play as someone besides Flash because its online. Thanx for sharing!

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I think he's good, I play him like cage. Land my b22/f21/d1d2 xxLKick for free pressure and its like 20% so in theory you only need to guess right 3 times to take the game. But that's just how I play :)
He is godlike until people know the matchup. In 3 months Flash will truly be bottom. JC does huge chip damages, he jails, and gets meter doing his pressure on block. Flash does none of those 3 things (and he is more meter dependant than JC).

The f2, 1, whatever is duckable which means that they can punish you for doing it. All the other strings are just useless against crouching opponents except d1d2, because it's +2 and low but it has a shit range (fortunetly because it would be overpowered if it wasn't the case).
Also, when people will learn they can d2 against sonic pound on reaction to punish it, this option won't be that good anymore.

His d3 is punishable on block (flash is the only one).

b2 is the only decent whiff punisher because of his range, but it's too slow to be viable. LK is -5 on block so it's safe but you gotta back dash everytime you do so.

So yes, the way you play the flash is great because no one knows him. But sooner or later, it will be harder to get them on hit and so harder to win a match since there is no damage/meter hitting /w normals on block in that game.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Lol what? His combo is b2lk you do a string thn do lk then do same thing three times and then do b22f3 bd3. This whole conversation has been about execution.
LK is -5 on block which makes it safe, but you have to dash back out of it. You will get punished if you continually b2~LK.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
LK is -5 on block which makes it safe, but you have to dash back out of it. You will get punished if you continually b2~LK.

I think he meant inside of a time loop combo, not on a neutral blocking opponent.

He is godlike until people know the matchup. In 3 months Flash will truly be bottom. JC does huge chip damages, he jails, and gets meter doing his pressure on block. Flash does none of those 3 things (and he is more meter dependant than JC).

The f2, 1, whatever is duckable which means that they can punish you for doing it. All the other strings are just useless against crouching opponents except d1d2, because it's +2 and low but it has a shit range (fortunetly because it would be overpowered if it wasn't the case).
Also, when people will learn they can d2 against sonic pound on reaction to punish it, this option won't be that good anymore.

His d3 is punishable on block (flash is the only one).

b2 is the only decent whiff punisher because of his range, but it's too slow to be viable. LK is -5 on block so it's safe but you gotta back dash everytime you do so.

So yes, the way you play the flash is great because no one knows him. But sooner or later, it will be harder to get them on hit and so harder to win a match since there is no damage/meter hitting /w normals on block in that game.

Short tips to other readers. Stick to F2 > LK. It jails and the two hits that come after F2 in F21 is sincerely negligible.

Also don't ever use D3, everrrrrrrr. Get used to using D1D2 or D1D2D3 if you really want to go for a sweep.

My only problem with flash is that he has too many blind spots. D1D2 is shamefully low range, b222 takes forever and a day to start up. And inside that blind spot where you're too close for b22 because of its startup frames or too far for D1D2, it could get a little sloppy.

Does anyone else have problems dodging/blocking F2 on reaction? I honestly don't and don't see why others do :confused:

SaJa

FH_FenriR
don't ever use D3, everrrrrrrr. Get used to using D1D2 or D1D2D3 if you really want to go for a sweep.
D1D2 is shamefully low range
That's why sooner or later you gotta use d3. It's a risk, but Flash metagame is about risks anyway. :/

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
So what's the general consensus? Is Flash tourney viable? Online viable? Only a "play-offline" character?

He seems to not perform decently anywhere except in some offline matches (maybe).
Extremely viable

.end thread