What's new

Question Viability ?

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Really my intense matchups against Pig's Sinestro had a lot of time limit games. So much evading for his keep away. Basically, if I got my mixup I could laugh and run away or I would lose out of desperation. Also, Flashes super should be 2frame or have projectile invuln. He stuffed mine with fear blast by reacting mb. I cried and swore never to use that f'n move again.
for what it's worth, if you've got 4 bars with Flash, I think you've done something wrong, especially against sinestro. I do agree, though, that Flash's super should basically be almost instant, like super man's

Yeah I rarely get 4 bars, but when I do I want something fantastic to happen haha. Typically I burn first hit asap for 60% then reserve bars with mixups till i'm at 2. But if I get knocked back and gotta dodge dash cancel in i will get 4meter.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
not really, he has a big damage output, if your clever enough to turtle your way in, you can deal alot of damage... but i guess your right, he could use some more tools
Big damages ? With his trait he does like BA (54%). With 1 meter he does what WW does without meter (40%). And without meter/trait he does 22/24%. He has no chip. :/
I wish 3, 2 could still juggle.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
I honestly can't wait to see a flash that always hit confirms a d1d2>LK or F2>LK into a time loop combo.

Then I feel like there's so much to learn about his time loop that I do think he's sort of unexplored.

Still, that would definitely be epic.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
Nearly impossible I understand.

The timing for my inputs literally change in every single matchup depending on THEIR connection.

I tend to just use my alt online.
I don't understand what's so hard about doing flash combos online. Its just 2 buttons and you have 50%.

Hit confirming LKs is simple since it does it for you. The MB will not activate on block which is why I use it over SP unless its a very open punish window.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If flash had +1 lighting kick, I'd never use another character. I'd drop batgirl and Supes quicker than the flash himself. That's kinda where I think running man cancels will lead us when people get them mastered, + frame advantage all day. Killer frost trait cancels anyone?

Also, online I never use sonic pound combos. It's just so much more consistent to go with the lightning kick.

No need to flame war, but b2 LK is not that great a combo. Plus not being able to hit confirm SP mbs is where you lose a lot of damage online.

He is fun and good. I wish he had a move to capture a character though, because that will be a very large advantage to have at higher level play to maximize damage.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I don't understand what's so hard about doing flash combos online. Its just 2 buttons and you have 50%.
The trait combos are easy, but Flash don't do 50% every single time dude, he'll do it like once per round (the second one will get choked so you'll actually do it once per game).

The hard combos followed by my online version (which does less damage obviously) are these :

- Starter LK MB, d2, b3, ji3, b2, 2, f3, charge => I don't do it online.
- Starter, sonic pound MB, dash, 2, 1, b2, 2, f3, charge => Starter, sonic pound MB, dash, d2, b2, 2, f3, charge.
- Charge MB, 2, 1 (or 1, 1), b2, 2, f3, charge.=> Charbe MB, d2, b2, 2, f3, charge.
- Starter, LK MB, 2, 1, b2, 2, f3, charge. => Starter, LK MB, 1, 1, b2, 2, f3, charge.
- Starter (especially f2 or 2, 1 starter because it reverses the opponent's side), sonic pound MB, Trait, dash, LKx4, b2, LK, b2, 2, f3, charge => Starter, sonic pound MB, dash, LKx3, b2, 2, LK, b2, 2, f3, charge.

I won't try the 47% corner combo online either (starter, sonic pound MB, b3, NJ3, 11, 11, 112, charge).

Also, the delay input don't allow Flash to punish most of projectiles on reaction with his Charge (against DS for example). It comes too late most of the time, and you'll get punished for trying online (but in another hand, it's also harder to punish his charge online).

The trait combos are easy, but Flash don't do 50% every single time dude, he'll do it like once per round (the second one will get choked so you'll actually do it once per game).

The hard combos followed by my online version (which does less damage obviously) are these :

- Starter LK MB, d2, b3, ji3, b2, 2, f3, charge => I don't do it online.
- Starter, sonic pound MB, dash, 2, 1, b2, 2, f3, charge => Starter, sonic pound MB, dash, d2, b2, 2, f3, charge.
- Charge MB, 2, 1 (or 1, 1), b2, 2, f3, charge.=> Charbe MB, d2, b2, 2, f3, charge.
- Starter, LK MB, 2, 1, b2, 2, f3, charge. => Starter, LK MB, 1, 1, b2, 2, f3, charge.
- Starter (especially f2 or 2, 1 starter because it reverses the opponent's side), sonic pound MB, Trait, dash, LKx4, b2, LK, b2, 2, f3, charge => Starter, sonic pound MB, dash, LKx3, b2, 2, LK, b2, 2, f3, charge.

I won't try the 47% corner combo online either (starter, sonic pound MB, b3, NJ3, 11, 11, 112, charge).

Also, the delay input don't allow Flash to punish most of projectiles on reaction with his Charge (against DS for example). It comes too late most of the time, and you'll get punished for trying online (but in another hand, it's also harder to punish his charge online).
so basically you're adding a d2 or substituting 11 for 21?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
so basically you're adding a d2 or substituting 11 for 21?
Yep, d2 is 100% viable online once you get the timing.
1, 1 after the charge MB and Sonic pound MB dash is also easier but I can't do it constantly online as well as Zyphox from what I've seen, so I'll keep comboing with my d2 ^^