What's new

Question Viability ?

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
So what's the general consensus? Is Flash tourney viable? Online viable? Only a "play-offline" character?

He seems to not perform decently anywhere except in some offline matches (maybe).

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
I think the problem is more than just getting in :[
not really, he has a big damage output, if your clever enough to turtle your way in, you can deal alot of damage... but i guess your right, he could use some more tools

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
not really, he has a big damage output, if your clever enough to turtle your way in, you can deal alot of damage... but i guess your right, he could use some more tools

Even if you can, his footsie game is off. I still think d1d2 is the safest option and it has 0 range.

LEGEND

YES!
Depends what you mean by tournament viable. Characters with worse MU charts made top 8 in MK9 all the time, sometimes even winning tournaments

Flash is still a character under development, and he takes alot of work and fundamentals to play. being optimistic here but i think he very well could be tournament viable, that is if the right player is using him (Tyrant as Jax, Cowboy as Shang as example, mid tier characters that place high and even win. . .inb4 MK9 tier list debate)

As for online. . . i don't think the flash should ever really be used in that environment. Not even to practice. Flash is all about strict execution, Strict frame traps and precise footsies. Online is really the only reason people think Flash is bad, Cause online he can be zoned out, his offense is inconsistent (people poke out of my shit all the time, its dumb) and his combo's take a good hit as well

At very least Flash is a good counterpick to characters like Sinestro, Cyborg, Grundy, Shazam, Deathstroke and Raven

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
I have this idea that if his d1d2 had any reach at all that he would be top tier in this game lol

Strict and precise is right. I can't wait to see the guy in action that has the fingers to land all of flash's sickest moves.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I have this idea that if his d1d2 had any reach at all that he would be top tier in this game lol

Strict and precise is right. I can't wait to see the guy in action that has the fingers to land all of flash's sickest moves.
its not about landing all these combos and these moves, thats another misconception, ask any one who has played me on psn (not xbl i hate xbox pads) if i hit you with a d1d2 you eating 60% everytime, if i land an overhead 58% if i wiff punish you 61%. this character needs so much patience, i played PL in a flash mirror 2 nights ago, and in like 15 games he had to switch characters because even he knew right then that you can just rushdown with the flash, after i blew up his f21 attempt on block with a 58% combo he start to adjust, he's so good, but even he doesn't want to use the flash, you have to be so patient, make amazing reads half the time to beat anyone good. once i am able to be as patient when am getting zoned out and in footsies i will try to be that player with the flash, but my personal downside as a player is sometimes i get impatient, especially in tournament. am training more on patience than anything online, i know my execution is good, i know my tools and some MU. and i will continue to develop all that while i try to improve my weakness. every flash player can do it not just me. LEGEND was awesome vs aris with the flash, i can only hope that i get better with patience and level up my game entirely to get good, as should all flash players.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
If they fixed all of Flash's mids that whiff on crouchers, made Flying uppercut not go through people's bodies randomly and MAYBE increased the range of d1d2 (or at least made it so that it doesn't move Flash backwards), I think he would be one of the top characters. As we all know, he already has retarded damage, and now that MB lightning charge gives a combo, he can actually punish careless projectiles for ~30%.

Speeding up b2 by a couple frames wouldn't hurt, either...Wonder Woman's b1 is a 12f advancing mid and is +4 on block, why can't Flash's b2 be too? I think it'd be fine if his d3 was only like -7 or -8 on block. It's already one of the slower sweeps in the game, why should it be so negative?

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
nothing is more disheartening than mashing trait 6 times after LK/SP and getting nothing. online smh. smdh.
I just hold the trait button during the animation for LK/SP meter burn and I haven't had any problems with it activating after the launch.

Having said this, I DO sometimes have issues online with the MB not happening in the first place. Nothing quite like a 60% punish instead being 20%

I just hold the trait button during the animation for LK/SP meter burn and I haven't had any problems with it activating after the launch.

Having said this, I DO sometimes have issues online with the MB not happening in the first place. Nothing quite like a 60% punish instead being 20%
i'll have to try that! thanx!

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
patience...patient, etc.
I agree 100% about how important this is (and how hard it is) for Flash. I always feel like I should be rushing down with him, even though I know that I probably shouldn't. It's a bad habit that I've always had in fighting games, where I feel like I always need to press my advantage. If I have a life lead and time is running down in the match, I don't have any business trying to do much of anything with Flash besides trying to speed dodge desperate projectiles or interactables, and trying to play good defense.

I know that if I get a knockdown late and I'm ahead, I should probably just start walking away, but I often find that I can't resist going for a 50/50. This is why I lose to random wake up supers online. I know that it's 100% my fault, but sometimes I just can't help it.

Even after like 2 months, I still haven't really gotten it through my head that I'm not playing Johnny Cage.

Honestly, as Flash it is better to pressure a split second after they wake up. It takes away wakeup invincible and you still get heavy pressure and 50/50. The Flashes greatest threat is simply being close to them, because he has fairly good range for the damage he can output. The goal really is to back them into a corner then you pretty much man handle the whole cast. I think DS is the only char with a viable autocorrect on wakeup (some reason WW input doesn't get crossed).

dude… i am loving you right now. no homo hell with it big homo. i haven't dropped a trait mid combo since trying that. Hiltzy for prez!

Really my intense matchups against Pig's Sinestro had a lot of time limit games. So much evading for his keep away. Basically, if I got my mixup I could laugh and run away or I would lose out of desperation. Also, Flashes super should be 2frame or have projectile invuln. He stuffed mine with fear blast by reacting mb. I cried and swore never to use that f'n move again.