What's new

Guide - Tarkatan Vertical, Not Horizontal: The Complete Guide to Slicing & Dicing with The New Tarkatan

As for Rekka combo's (safe 50/50's) we will be using @BarterRaccoon 's combo path with this sequence:

Starter~Rekka, 1, EX-Grab, NjP, RC, U3, B1, 214~X-Strike.

Does 1% less than the EX-Spin combo, but meterburned Rekka doesn't launch as high as EX Spin, so you can't delay the NjP as much, as such the F134 whiffs everyime on certain characters and the window is really tight for the ones it doesn't, this way is super consistent however.

Unless anyone has someone better to contribute, I think I'm going to update the BnB's :)
Now I feel like I HAVE to Co-main Alien since I contributed!

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
How are you guys getting the timing for jailing the overhead? I can jail the low off rekkas fairly consistently, but the overhead is a pain.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
How are you guys getting the timing for jailing the overhead? I can jail the low off rekkas fairly consistently, but the overhead is a pain.
I don't know I don't bother with that shit I just end in the throw almost everytime because it leaves you with the most plus frames, and I confirm into the low on hit if I have no meter because it has the longest knockdown

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
I don't know I don't bother with that shit I just end in the throw almost everytime because it leaves you with the most plus frames, and I confirm into the low on hit if I have no meter because it has the longest knockdown
I know the throw is safe, but the overhead low is still useful. Yeah, it can be fuzzied but no one is going to perfectly block every time. This timing is just annoying on the overhead. I get it 1 out of 8 times.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Slowly starting to think this is the best variation. Rekkas are really strong during Alien pressure and hit confirmable during strings into delay to always be safe. All 3 variations are good but the extra range and Rekkas are legit.

I GOT HANDS

I know the throw is safe, but the overhead low is still useful. Yeah, it can be fuzzied but no one is going to perfectly block every time. This timing is just annoying on the overhead. I get it 1 out of 8 times.
I can block it everytime, and my main opponent can block it everytime. He threw a random Rekka mix-up at me 20 times in a row and didn't get through once, just to test it. You don't need to fuzzy it, you can just block low and react to him leaping in the air. It's 24 frames, even if I could get the timing consistent I'd rather just go for the grab and be -4 instead of -6, I don't even care for a chance at the OH. My personal opinion,

but that aside, if you are asking how to get it to jail on block without it being punishable at the end - as far as I know, it doesn't. REO's guide says you have to be -20 afterwards if you want to make it gapless jail. So it seems pretty bad all things considered.

Corner meterless 31%: B2, B1, B11U4, 214 xstrike

Edit:Corner meterless 33%: B2, U3, B11U4, 214 xstrike

Last edited:

Ponkz

Noob
Slowly starting to think this is the best variation. Rekkas are really strong during Alien pressure and hit confirmable during strings into delay to always be safe. All 3 variations are good but the extra range and Rekkas are legit.
I think Alien players will have to use all three variations depending on the MU, Tarkatan can be lamed out hard. Sure we can be clever with crawl to close the gap but its harder for us to get in than to keep out. So acidic will help us here and Conjurer will have a very high skill cap, being able to use the overhead and hold it like kunais will have people tearing their hair out.

I GOT HANDS

I think Alien players will have to use all three variations depending on the MU, Tarkatan can be lamed out hard. Sure we can be clever with crawl to close the gap but its harder for us to get in than to keep out. So acidic will help us here and Conjurer will have a very high skill cap, being able to use the overhead and hold it like kunais will have people tearing their hair out.
I don't know what you mean, I think this one of the hardest characters in the game to zone out. His JiK~TailFlip gets him in from just under fullscreen, and from midscreen he has really fast, really far advancing armor, and of course the krawl for low profiling projectiles... hes fine against lame styles and his Rekka is a great tool the other variations don't have for getting through zoning

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I don't know what you mean, I think this one of the hardest characters in the game to zone out. His JiK~TailFlip gets him in from just under fullscreen, and from midscreen he has really fast, really far advancing armor, and of course the krawl for low profiling projectiles... hes fine against lame styles and his Rekka is a great tool the other variations don't have for getting through zoning
Getting in with tail flip isn't wise if the opponent has any airborn projectile. It doesn't connect if just moves you up a bit and if the other guy is jumping back while throwing stuff then you're gonna have a hard time. He does have tools like krawl and armour, but you have to be suuuuuuuuper patient. Like against Sektor it wasn't too too bad, but Pretty Lady is actually wrecked to fight with Tarkatan.

@Ponkz I was that Tarkatan player in that tourney ln.

I GOT HANDS

Getting in with tail flip isn't wise if the opponent has any airborn projectile. It doesn't connect if just moves you up a bit and if the other guy is jumping back while throwing stuff then you're gonna have a hard time. He does have tools like krawl and armour, but you have to be suuuuuuuuper patient. Like against Sektor it wasn't too too bad, but Pretty Lady is actually wrecked to fight with Tarkatan.
if it doesn't connect, it doesn't come out. time your jump arc to not get caught by a projectile and the JiK stops them from throwing another safely to AA