What's new

Guide - Tarkatan Vertical, Not Horizontal: The Complete Guide to Slicing & Dicing with The New Tarkatan

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Damn I've been forgotten :(
Lol. Also I need to be tagged in here too!
I'll tag you guys in the next update from now on :) wasnt sure who was playing this variation so my bad

Super dope guide. I've actually moved away from Alien(Sektor is all I've ever wanted in a character, very homo).

It'll be interesting to see if people really master making the rekkas safe. Seemed pretty rough when I labbed it.

But yeah, if I play the character on the side i'll definitely refer to this.
I already gots them safe :D so if I can do it, anyone can. I still fuck up during play but meh itll get consistent with time

You can actually end my combo in xstrike and you get 33%. It's kinda of hard with the gravity though.
Hey Raccoon, I got the 35% one consistent - its all about do the NjP late, mastering the amount of time U3 has in recovery, and you input F134 as early as you can after a RC U3, and then XStrike will connect. It's hard though, yours is much easier, but it is consistent once you learn it. I'm gonna keep labbing and weigh the two up. 35% is pretty damn good though

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I'll tag you guys in the next update from now on :) wasnt sure who was playing this variation so my bad

I already gots them safe :D so if I can do it, anyone can. I still fuck up during play but meh itll get consistent with time

Hey Raccoon, I got the 35% one consistent - its all about do the NjP late, mastering the amount of time U3 has in recovery, and you input F134 as early as you can after a RC U3, and then XStrike will connect. It's hard though, yours is much easier, but it is consistent once you learn it. I'm gonna keep labbing and weigh the two up. 35% is pretty damn good though
Barakien...coined, copyrighted, and trademarked :cool:

I GOT HANDS

What's your two bar midscreen looking like?
214~EX-Flip, RC, B11U4, RC 214~EX-Krawl, F23434~Rekka, 1

thats 40% + 6% guranteed chip off the restand, so 46% total and builds back 2/3's of a bar.

That's obviously not off the 50/50~Rekka though, so I'll be looking into those now that I know about your U3 midscreen combo tech, I didn't know that was possible

214~EX-Flip, RC, B11U4, RC 214~EX-Krawl, F23434~Rekka, 1

thats 40% + 6% guranteed chip off the restand, so 46% total and builds back 2/3's of a bar.

That's obviously not off the 50/50~Rekka though, so I'll be looking into those now that I know about your U3 midscreen combo tech, I didn't know that was possible
I've gotten 36% restand I think using the rekka. Off of 214 I think I got 38%. Did you know you can NJP after exFlip on males midscreen?

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Off of rekkas?
JIP, 214~exbf1, 214~exbf4, NJP, RC JIP, 214~DF3.

Edit: You can also do JIP, 214~exbf4, NJP, RC JIP1, 214~exbf1, 214~df3.

DF3 as an Ender allows for Alien's F4/B3 50/50 to work if they don't wakeup, but you can delay b3 on their backdash and roll to catch them for full combo. F4 works too, but you have to run in quick to compensate for the backdash.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

I've gotten 36% restand I think using the rekka. Off of 214 I think I got 38%. Did you know you can NJP after exFlip on males midscreen?
You can NjP on females too.

Yup I know you can, but I can't find a purpose for it yet. The juggle is wrong for the U3 to work with F134, so its pretty much just NjP U3 214 Strike, which is the same damage as B11U4 214 Strike just less corner carry. Ill look into it now tho, but it looks like if your execution is on point (or if you carry them to the corner with it), Rekka acutally gives the highest damage. I can get 1% more with the U3 F134 tech than I can with TailFlip combos

I GOT HANDS

I'll work on your tech U3 B134 tech later. If I can do kano combos in old net code I can definitely get your tech down.
I can't get it to connect on females (well, Cassie at least) and I prefer consistency to 1%, so I don't think I'm going to use it, its pretty hard at best regardless

Although I did get 42% 2-bars (no jump in) into knockdown using it off 214, you can get 41% as well tho without it

I GOT HANDS

Nevermind guys - I just found a way to do it so much easier than even then Rekka's, even on Cassie its way easier than the other one ever was even on males (once you know the timing) - by using the variation specific launcher EX Blade Spin.

37% 1-Bar - 214~EX-Spin, NjP, RC, U3, F134~XStrike
42% 2-Bar - 214~EX-Krawl, F23434~EX-Spin, NjP, U3, F134~XStrike

I think these might just be our new BnB's people :)

@BarterRaccoon
@Metatron
@Asodimazze

Nevermind guys - I just found a way to do it so much easier than even then Rekka's, even on Cassie its way easier than the other one ever was even on males (once you know the timing) - by using the variation specific launcher EX Blade Spin.

37% 1-Bar - 214~EX-Spin, NjP, RC, U3, F134~XStrike
42% 2-Bar - 214~EX-Krawl, F23434~EX-Spin, NjP, U3, F134~XStrike

I think these might just be our new BnB's people :)

@BarterRaccoon
@Metatron
@Asodimazze
Very nice sir!

I GOT HANDS

As for Rekka combo's (safe 50/50's) we will be using @BarterRaccoon 's combo path with this sequence:

Starter~Rekka, 1, EX-Grab, NjP, RC, U3, B1, 214~X-Strike.

Does 1% less than the EX-Spin combo, but meterburned Rekka doesn't launch as high as EX Spin, so you can't delay the NjP as much, as such the F134 whiffs everyime on certain characters and the window is really tight for the ones it doesn't, this way is super consistent however.

Unless anyone has someone better to contribute, I think I'm going to update the BnB's :)