What's new

General/Other - Reptile Variation thoughts.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
On a side note, it's funny how how little trust we have for devs :p
I don't find it funny, as who ever was testing injustice missed tons of important stuff, with one variation...now there are three, plus interactable, plus a new fighting system.

Superman infinite from F23breath on certain members of the cast.
Superman's insane corner damage.
Deathstrokes low shot high shot dash trap, + insane chip damage + mental B&B combo damage.
Batman's trait and impossible to punish b23 with insane mega quick recovery.
Killer frost in general...how on earth did that "slide" past everyone.
Ares unescapeable MB godsmack on most of the cast.
General lack of anti airs.
Scorpion...
And so many characters being unplayable at a high level until patch after patch sorted most of it out.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Well, if you can indeed sneak a fastball in, it basically means you can combo off it. But forceballs don't seem to have great startup to me.
On a side note, it's funny how how little trust we have for devs :p
There was a lot of dumb shit in Injustice that...if you don't get rid of it now you have some super lopsided matchups.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
What mix ups does invisibility provide apart from the following?:

If he has no lows or overheads starting or in the middle of his strings, then it will be a matter of blocking low every time and trying not to get his by the overhead claw at the end of strings, as sliding will just knock you away, and doesn't look like it is a hard knockdown, which claw is, and will not be worth it as slide can be punished (I assume). At most he can stagger with strings and maybe get a grab, which will end his pressure. Crossing up won't really matter, as holding block will block both ways.

Invisibility won't grant him more options unless he has really killer non mid mid mid strings, and from what I have seen so far, he doesn't.
I don't know. He has a close overhead claw and a ranged overhead claw (you know where he flips forward) + the low slide and his normal sweep that causes a hard knockdown. That's a mix up right there...one poke at a time.

Also, don't forget about invisibility grabs ;)

Last edited:

UsedForGlue

He has a close overhead claw and a ranged overhead claw + the low slide and his normal sweep that causes a hard knockdown. That's a mix up right there...
I hate to do this, the term mix up was thrown out in MK9 about Reptile way too much.

Just like MK9, people made the mistake of thinking that the Acidhand being an overhead (Which is basically the claw move in MKX), and the Slide being a low was a "mix up", it isn't.

You basically block low, until you see (or even hear) the acid hand coming out, anything you can visually confirm can't be a mix up because you aren't actually having to guess what the opponent is doing.

For instance, Batgirl has a proper mix up, as both her low and overhead come out too quickly to see, confirm and block, its all guess work, and there for, its a mix up, 100% guess work.

There are difficult to block scenarios, and then there are mix ups.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I hate to do this, the term mix up was thrown out in MK9 about Reptile way too much.

Just like MK9, people made the mistake of thinking that the Acidhand being an overhead (Which is basically the claw move in MKX), and the Slide being a low was a "mix up", it isn't.

You basically block low, until you see (or even hear) the acid hand coming out, anything you can visually confirm can't be a mix up because you aren't actually having to guess what the opponent is doing.

For instance, Batgirl has a proper mix up, as both her low and overhead come out too quickly to see, confirm and block, its all guess work, and there for, its a mix up, 100% guess work.

There are difficult to block scenarios, and then there are mix ups.
There is no acid hand for Reptile in this game. When he is completly invisible you can't see the claw...either close or ranged and you can't see the slide. Between the low sweep/slide and ranged claw/close claw/jump in punch overheads...plus grabs...that absolutely is a poking mix up. You have to guess high/low/or grab.

Yes the visual indicator of Acid Hand hurt Reptiles mix up opportunity in MK9 but that's not here on MK X. Mix ups don't have do be done in block string combos they can be done as pokes and Reptile can do just that in this game.

Regardless, Reptile will be my main in this game whether or not he has a strong mix up game. Good day my friend.

UsedForGlue

There is no acid hand for Reptile in this game. When he is completly invisible you can't see the claw...either close or ranged and you can't see the slide. Between the low sweep/slide and ranged claw/close claw/jump in punch overheads...plus grabs...that absolutely is a poking mix up. You have to guess high/low/or grab.

Yes the visual indicator of Acid Hand hurt Reptiles mix up opportunity in MK9 but that's not here on MK X. Mix ups don't have do be done in block string combos they can be done as pokes and Reptile can do just that in this game.

Regardless, Reptile will be my main in this game whether or not he has a strong mix up game. Good day my friend.
With invidibilty you could call any random combination of things a mix up. like standing jab and then a sweep, but that doesn't make it one, as crouch blocking will eliminate that, so unless the opponent doesn't have a block stance that they can adopt for a majority of things that the character is doing, then it's not mixing up with opponent, im not trying to convice you of anything, it's the terminology used.

Outside of doing stuff like that, I'm sure reptile will be fine dude, don't worry.