What's new

General/Other - Reptile Variation thoughts.

Error404

Noob
Too bad we already saw that he has a low from his trailer and an overhead from the stream. If only you bothered paying attention before calling something a gimmick,

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Too bad we already saw that he has a low from his trailer and an overhead from the stream. If only you bothered paying attention before calling something a gimmick,
Streamers also said that you can't combo off that low without speedforce, which invisible reptile doesn't get.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
That's the point lol.. And I've seen way cheaper stuff in my day..
Yeah but that's just plain silly. He's already got a way to blow up people trying to jump over forceballs, an invisible, plus on block launching projectile is way worse than anything in Injustice for example.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I like how we really stuck to that whole lets not jump to conclusions mantra... I get it you're excited and want to discuss the build but calling a variation a gimmick right off the bat, when they have specifically said things are subject to change is rather forward.
So, ppl who see something that could possibly be shit... they should just, not say anything b/c ohhh maaaaaybe nrs will change it? What if they don't?

What if... they read that post and think, "you know what? that guy might be on to something! Let's take another look at it" .... better to voice it and have that slight chance than to say nothing at all and just accept it.

Never got the whole don't speculate on shit before it's out thing. Like why the fuck not?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So reptile can throw a slow forceball, and ex slow force ball is even freaking slower, now add the ability to freeze the projectile in place, and play nimble variation.

WTF

The-Bizzle

You alright mate ?
My question :

The "Noxious" style..... When I fight against it, will I receive damage if I do a combo on it ???
That would be crap :/

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Think about what noxious has going for reptile.

Damages opponents that combo you
Extra damage added to your combos
Extra effective chip when pressuring and being pressured

You pretty much take away 10 to 15% of their HP away unless they're in zoner, in which case you'll get a minimum of 5% anyway. Not to mention if he's frametrap heavy, the damage can seriously pile up then.

Sounds good to me.

Moonlyt

Look To La Luna
I wonder if Reptile can have two stationary forceballs out (one fast and one slow of course)......

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Yeah but that's just plain silly. He's already got a way to blow up people trying to jump over forceballs, an invisible, plus on block launching projectile is way worse than anything in Injustice for example.
What jumping projectile are you talking about

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Did anyone else notice that the low starter can be just one hit. It is also very quick on recoverry, has a fast startup, aaand lowers his hitbox considerably. If you are able to cancel the first hit into a special, that could be my new d4

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I'm really sad about losing acid hand though. The new overhead has hardly any push back on block and is def negative

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Also no one has pointed out that he has a very quick overhead launcher where he strikes you with both hands and pops you up

Moonlyt

Look To La Luna
Also no one has pointed out that he has a very quick overhead launcher where he strikes you with both hands and pops you up
But it pushes him back or whatever. Gonna be kinda difficult to capitalize on that..... Unless they change it of course.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Dude that was not a good aa.. It did have a good hit box but it was too slow (11frames) that's too slow for an aa that doesn't even lower your hitbox..
Cage's B3 wants a word with you.

Lol we know you buffed kitana and gave her tools to deal with reptile and most chars that gave her trouble in MK9.
Yeah because Catwoman is armed to the teeth for the Sinestro, Aquaman, Flash matchups among others. :DOGE

16 Bit may be a character loyalist, maybe even a stubborn one at times, but I'm sure he realizes the boundaries of the job he has been entrusted with.

Moonlyt

Look To La Luna
Streamers also said that you can't combo off that low without speedforce, which invisible reptile doesn't get.
I believe they were talking about the full string that the low leads into, not just the low hit. But I could be wrong.

You can probably get a slide in afterwards. Maybe a fast forceball. Reptiles feet lands before the opponent does. Maybe you can do a serpent dash afterwards to get behind them while they're still in air and continue your combo...

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
You can probably get a slide in afterwards. Maybe a fast forceball. Reptiles feet lands before the opponent does. Maybe you can do a serpent dash afterwards to get behind them while they're still in air and continue your combo...
Well, if you can indeed sneak a fastball in, it basically means you can combo off it. But forceballs don't seem to have great startup to me.
On a side note, it's funny how how little trust we have for devs :p

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I trust Kitana and Kung lao to be as broken as ever (meaning, same or even better than their MK9 counterparts). It seems they haven't normalized / nerfed anything. Compared to those two the other characters seem unfinished and lacking in tools.