What's new

Question Vanilla Sub Zero tier position?

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
honestly i think Ex spin shoulda been -4 on block or maybe even -7.
Yeah that'd be nice, it already has no armor. It's nearly useless, realistically i'd settle for 21212 and 24 overhead hat shenanigans being neutral on block or -7. That's not too much to ask for i.m.o.

pre-patch spin was not safe. It was easy as hell to punish, it just had pushback.

It's difficult to say how bad the jc v sz MU would be. JC's rushdown was better but he didn't have armor on ex shadow kick. SZ had more damage, but no armor on ex slide. This opens up jc's corner game. JC still had invincibility on ex nut punch. It could be 6-4 but the 50% damage sz could do might push it to 7-3. Assuming the reset was actually inescapable, which I doubt it was (technically you can still reset off ex puddle, the only problem is catching the opponent with it).

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Yeah that'd be nice, it already has no armor. It's nearly useless, realistically i'd settle for 21212 and 24 overhead hat shenanigans being neutral on block or -7. That's not too much to ask for i.m.o.
well with the pushback on 24 1+2 its already impossible to get a full combo punish on it. Ex spin IS still useful for footsies, u just gotta be careful.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
pre-patch spin was not safe. It was easy as hell to punish, it just had pushback.

It's difficult to say how bad the jc v sz MU would be. JC's rushdown was better but he didn't have armor on ex shadow kick. SZ had more damage, but no armor on ex slide. This opens up jc's corner game. JC still had invincibility on ex nut punch. It could be 6-4 but the 50% damage sz could do might push it to 7-3. Assuming the reset was actually inescapable, which I doubt it was (technically you can still reset off ex puddle, the only problem is catching the opponent with it).
It was punishable, but a number of characters had basically no punish for it.

ex spin serves as a good wakeup move and is really important for converting a divekick into fullcombo midscreen. ex spin is also a move specific punish for some moves. without ex spin jax could groundpound cancel kung lao on knockdown, right now kung lao can ex spin it on reaction. ex spin can also be used to whiff punish a d4 if youre on point.

Obs_SmSwag

ex spin serves as a good wakeup move and is really important for converting a divekick into fullcombo midscreen. ex spin is also a move specific punish for some moves. without ex spin jax could groundpound cancel kung lao on knockdown, right now kung lao can ex spin it on reaction. ex spin can also be used to whiff punish a d4 if youre on point.
Axel and I already had this conversation in pm bro where we tried to find uses for ex spin, you're quoting old news. Also, note that I said "nearly". Quit playin' know it all.

Axel and I already had this conversation in pm bro where we tried to find uses for ex spin, you're quoting old news. Also, note that I said "nearly". Quit playin' know it all.
if youre not on the forums to discuss stuff dont get mad at people who did come here to discuss stuff. I am not trying to be the know it all and have asked other people for help more times than I can remember. and if you dont think ex spin is useful enough already I dont know what to say.

Obs_SmSwag

if youre not on the forums to discuss stuff dont get mad at people who did come here to discuss stuff. I am not trying to be the know it all and have asked other people for help more times than I can remember. and if you dont think ex spin is useful enough already I dont know what to say.
If you're not trying to be a know it all don't come into every forum i'm in quoting me trying to play teacher bro. We get it, you live in Europe and can't compete so you don't do anything but study Lao. Cool, if I ask for help then quote me. Otherwise keep it to yourself, because nothing you're saying is new tech or new information.

Also, don't try and argue opinions on ex~spin.... don't try and argue opinions period, it's pointless. I'm not changing my mind, you're not changing yours, leave it at that.

If you're not trying to be a know it all don't come into every forum i'm in quoting me trying to play teacher bro. We get it, you live in Europe and can't compete so you don't do anything but study Lao. Cool, if I ask for help then quote me. Otherwise keep it to yourself, because nothing you're saying is new tech or new information.

Also, don't try and argue opinions on ex~spin.... don't try and argue opinions period, it's pointless. I'm not changing my mind, you're not changing yours, leave it at that.
If you didnt spread misinformation I wouldn't be quoting you, its fine with me you can keep believing kung lao has an 11 frame mid if you want. But I am pretty sure aother people dont want to get busted in the face believing that stuff..

and you act like europe is all trash, but I am pretty sure europe has players far above your level. and good luck in competing hardly doubt I'll ever see you get far in any tournament with that mindset of yours.

lets leave it at that and I wont quote you and you wont quote me.

Obs_SmSwag

If you didnt spread misinformation I wouldn't be quoting you, its fine with me you can keep believing kung lao has an 11 frame mid if you want. But I am pretty sure aother people dont want to get busted in the face believing that stuff..

and you act like europe is all trash, but I am pretty sure europe has players far above your level. and good luck in competing hardly doubt I'll ever see you get far in any tournament with that mindset of yours.

lets leave it at that and I wont quote you and you wont quote me.
Lol? I meant it starts on the 11th frame, 4 frames after the 7 and lasts 12 frames.... When did I ever say Europe is trash? Quit making shitty assumptions with no factual backing. YOU misinterpreted my information, get your facts straight bro. When i'm wrong I correct myself, when you're wrong you say "We were both wrong" bullshit (Mileena's tele punish)... Miss me with that bro, real talk.

Every time I come in this damn forum somebody's talking shit, who will never compete or even give tech to the community. I'm trying to fucking contribute, if I slip up i'm only human... Me and Axel talked it out whereas your come in here starting shit with no background. SO much drama lately, this shit is ridiculous. Now I know why players are leaving, asses like you. Respond if you want, i'm not gonna read the shit you say.

Lol? I meant it starts on the 11th frame, 4 frames after the 7 and lasts 12 frames.... When did I ever say Europe is trash? Quit making shitty assumptions with no factual backing. YOU misinterpreted my information, get your facts straight bro. When i'm wrong I correct myself, when you're wrong you say "We were both wrong" bullshit (Mileena's tele punish)... Miss me with that bro, real talk.

Every time I come in this damn forum somebody's talking shit, who will never compete or even give tech to the community. I'm trying to fucking contribute, if I slip up i'm only human... Me and Axel talked it out whereas your come in here starting shit with no background. SO much drama lately, this shit is ridiculous. Now I know why players are leaving, asses like you. Respond if you want, i'm not gonna read the shit you say.
I have contributed more to the kung lao forums then you ever have and probably ever will. When have I ever talked shit? When I try to correct you you will take it as if I was bashing you, go read my posts again, when have I ever bashed anyone? you can go ask other kung lao players whether I bash people or not, because youre just being paranoid right now. if anyone on the forum reads this and thinks I have ever been rude to them without a good reason please respond to this conversation. I have only had an argument with you and some other guy who said you can double uppercut kung lao's teleport and got mad at me when I said that was not smart to do...

about the mileena teleport, we both didnt use the best punish for the teleport at the time, so how is any punish but 2 ex hat the proper punish, if anyone asks a question on the forums they actually expect the a proper answer.

About the 11 frames...that number is irrelevant because you cant do the 1 in 21 without the first hit so there is no reason for you to have said that at all unless you interpreted it that way.

And how the hell am I supposed to know what you and this axel guy are talking about over pm's? Also america is not the only country where they have tournaments, obviously not on the level of american top players but I don't think that applies to you at all. so how am I not being able to compete?

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Obs_SmSwag
Mindgame just stated the ways that EX spin isn't "nearly useless", and you get all defensive saying he's playing "know it all" and that it's "old news", and calling him names later on. You complain about drama and then do nothing but exacerbate it. What is your problem?

Obs_SmSwag

I have contributed more to the kung lao forums then you ever have and probably ever will. When have I ever talked shit? When I try to correct you you will take it as if I was bashing you, go read my posts again, when have I ever bashed anyone? you can go ask other kung lao players whether I bash people or not, because youre just being paranoid right now. if anyone on the forum reads this and thinks I have ever been rude to them without a good reason please respond to this conversation. I have only had an argument with you and some other guy who said you can double uppercut kung lao's teleport and got mad at me when I said that was not smart to do...

about the mileena teleport, we both didnt use the best punish for the teleport at the time, so how is any punish but 2 ex hat the proper punish, if anyone asks a question on the forums they actually expect the a proper answer.

About the 11 frames...that number is irrelevant because you cant do the 1 in 21 without the first hit so there is no reason for you to have said that at all unless you interpreted it that way.

And how the hell am I supposed to know what you and this axel guy are talking about over pm's? Also america is not the only country where they have tournaments, obviously not on the level of american top players but I don't think that applies to you at all. so how am I not being able to compete?
^Not reading this, let it go.

GrandMasterson He quoted my post as if to correct my opinion bro, who gives a damn if I think it's useless. If you have a problem with it, talk to me about it in a pm, don't go in a pub forum starting crap. Call it a discussion, but 80% of discussions on this forum lead to drama, you do the math.

All I stated was that ex~spin was nearly useless and he goes on to quote me and take cheap shots about my contribution to the community and tries to bring all of Europe into his drama.... yet i'm the one being called out? And you expect me to be cool and civil? That's bullshit, if you don't like it don't look at it. This could've been resolved if he had been respectful and talked me in pm like I did with Axel.

Sidenote: Are you not prolonging this drama by quoting me...

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Uses of KL's EX spin= Wake up, whiff punish, punish moves that have great pushback or have long distance like ermacs push, converting combos, If 24 lowhat hits they cant jump out of the ex spin, ending rounds with 21212 into ex spin for super chip. Pretty useful if you ask me

cheap shots? I am not going to respond to this guys posts but anyone who thinks I am being rude to this guy can just read this whole conversation and know what is going on, thats all I need to say. @GrandMasterson read my post correctly and anyone who reads my posts will know I was just providing the forum with some uses for ex spin, not even arguing whether it was useful or not in the very first post.

also this guy is a master in misleading people, he was the first one who brought up europe and saying europe can't compete and now suddenly I am the one to blame, lol.

I have no idea how a conversation about the ex spin turned into an argument about me being a know it all.

Uses of KL's EX spin= Wake up, whiff punish, punish moves that have great pushback or have long distance like ermacs push, converting combos, If 24 lowhat hits they cant jump out of the ex spin, ending rounds with 21212 into ex spin for super chip. Pretty useful if you ask me
exactly, ex spin can also convert 2121 into full combo if you catch them airbone jumping away out of 2121

Obs_SmSwag

Ex~spin is only 2% chip, you could do a low hat for equal chip and it's far less risky. Or you could convert it into ex~tele delay 1 armor. If you 24 Low hat, they also can't jump out of an jk dk and that's safer and saves a bar of meter. Yes it converts dive kick combos but only if you do one from point blank.

Come on guys, how often to you see ex~spin at the highest level? It has it's uses online and in random casuals, but there are few options that ex~spin is the optimal option.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Ex~spin is only 2% chip, you could do a low hat for equal chip and it's far less risky. Or you could convert it into ex~tele delay 1 armor. If you 24 Low hat, they also can't jump out of an jk dk and that's safer and saves a bar of meter. Yes it converts dive kick combos but only if you do one from point blank.

Come on guys, how often to you see ex~spin at the highest level? It has it's uses online and in random casuals, but there are few options that ex~spin is the optimal option.
The uses for it are not the best but it still has use. I personally only use it as a wake up and to punish whiffed d4s against like sonya or melina just to make them respect it

Obs_SmSwag

Whiff punishing whiffed moves mid-screen is a good use, Jax can bait ex~spin on wake-up with Gp faint into jump back.... Now you've lost a bar of meter.

Obs_SmSwag

The uses for it are not the best but it still has use. I personally only use it as a wake up and to punish whiffed d4s against like sonya or melina just to make them respect it
That's what i'm saying man, it's not useless but there are alot of other options. I like to save bars of meter for AA 42% combos and ex~tele or ex groundhat shenanigans. You're absolutely right about whiffed D4's and midscreen moves, that's been discussed previously. Thanks for your input.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Not sure what's being discussed, but if we use vanilla subby then we should also add in vanilla other characters. Sindel for example will shoot up to at least A+ tier.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk