What's new

USF4 5th character revealed.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I don't understand why people see a couple similar moves, get angry and start calling her a "character clone". I don't really see a problem with that unless its like a pure carbon copy.
She is a clone she has the same normals and specials what else do you want to consider it a clone? Lol

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
She has some similarities in moves, but in no way will she play even remotely the same to Cammy. Which will be the fun part. The fact that she is a charge character alone makes a lot of things a lot more controlled than they would be if she wasn't.

I think she looks cool, though I'm also with the camp that R. Mika should've been brought back instead.

Fred Marvel

I personally love the new character. Why is everyone solely looking at the negatives when she looks to have amazing gameplay and design?
I'm not anti clone characters but she is what she is I just think it's lazy to give her all the same normals I mean at least evil and normal ryu differ there same with akuma oni

THTB

I'm not anti clone characters but she is what she is I just think it's lazy to give her all the same normals I mean at least evil and normal ryu differ there same with akuma oni
Evil Ryu essentially is a cross between Ryu and Akuma in terms of moveset, actually. Almost everything but like 2 or 3 things is the same animation-wise as both of those characters. If you consider Decapre lazy, how can you not consider Evil Ryu even moreso?

Fred Marvel

Evil Ryu essentially is a cross between Ryu and Akuma in terms of moveset, actually. Almost everything but like 2 or 3 things is the same animation-wise as both of those characters. If you consider Decapre lazy, how can you not consider Evil Ryu even moreso?
Evil Ryu is lazy lol but ONI definitely had more work put into him and evil ryu doesn't have the same exact moves as ryu that was all i was saying
A cross is lazy but it isn't a clone :p

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
She has some similarities in moves, but in no way will she play even remotely the same to Cammy. Which will be the fun part. The fact that she is a charge character alone makes a lot of things a lot more controlled than they would be if she wasn't.

I think she looks cool, though I'm also with the camp that R. Mika should've been brought back instead.
Agreed, shes just like Evil Ryu version. but for Cammy.

JLG

Noob
I'm not sure why, but this reveal's caused a lot of butthurt, can't be worse than the Scorpion reveal in Injustice.
I don't really play SF that much, but I follow the scene a bit. My impression of the reaction is that it was a big letdown for a lot of fans because they waited more than half a year for this reveal and Capcom was hyping it by saying the mystery character had never been playable in a Capcom game before and only like 4 people had guessed the identity. Basically, a lot of people were hoping for a brand new character of some kind and not just a clone of an existing character. LMAO the model and her animations for normals are the same as Cammy's.

Edit: added the word "playable" to be more accurate as to Capcom's statements

Last edited:

THTB

I don't really play SF that much, but I follow the scene a bit. My impression of the reaction is that it was a big letdown for a lot of fans because they waited more than half a year for this reveal and Capcom was hyping it by saying the mystery character had never been in a Capcom game before and only like 4 people had guessed the identity. Basically, a lot of people were hoping for a brand new character of some kind and not just a clone of an existing character. LMAO the model and her animations for normals are the same as Cammy's.
Yeah, I like the character so far...they did just enough of a change to make things interesting for me. I just hate that they hyped it so much. Everyone had already known who it was.

You know, even Lilith at least looked somehwat different than Morrigan in Darkstalkers, which was kind of weird considering they were essentially the same living being separated into two different bodies.

though I'm also with the camp that R. Mika should've been brought back instead.
Fuck from what I heard one of the suits in charge of SF4 wanted her in since plain old vanilla SF4 and was disappointed he couldn't get her in.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
So I'm going to drop some positive thinking in here and say she looks like a cool design. Not sure why all the hate other than just the fact that people hate cammy. Looking forward to trying her out.

Fred Marvel

I never was a fan of Karin, tbh. I thought she was a lame schoolgirl character. Sakura was only really passable for me simply because she also was a shoto.
Sakura is actually my favorite character in any fighting game ever lol but I thought Karin was really cool it was like they made ken and ryu over but made Karin a lot different and cool