What's new

Tech Uses for U+3

Flagg

Noob
u4 is not good and please dont tell people is it :rant3:
there is no reason to use it up close,if u think there blocking low,use f2
the ONLY good thing about the move is the gimmick of beating someone with the last hit while low projectile with a super risk move

u4 is not something u want to try mix people up with
Thanks for having an omnicient view on Baraka that no one else has, and setting me back on the path of righteousness. Glad to know that "gimmick" is the buzzword on TYM at the moment.

I sometimes wish 360 and PS3 could play across platforms. I don't think I've ever ranted at someones opinion about a game mechanic, even if I think it's wrong. I'd rather try and explain in a civil manner why it might not be the best answer. Then of course if people get arsey, I would suggest a mirror match.

But alas...

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Thanks for having an omnicient view on Baraka that no one else has, and setting me back on the path of righteousness. Glad to know that "gimmick" is the buzzword on TYM at the moment.

I sometimes wish 360 and PS3 could play across platforms. I don't think I've ever ranted at someones opinion about a game mechanic, even if I think it's wrong. I'd rather try and explain in a civil manner why it might not be the best answer. Then of course if people get arsey, I would suggest a mirror match.

But alas...
i never said to be omnicient went it comes to baraka, if you read these forums i ask alot of baraka question and throw out theoies,some tat have rightfully been shot down

you were suggesting u+4 use when in close which is a bad choice in others opinion,not just mine, is unsafe and to do irt when can f2~slices for a save opition that does more damage than, u+4, plus its 33 frames, barakas slowest move
t
so that "buzz word" i used is right,u4 is a gimmick with very little pratical use(if you bothered to read this whole thread u4 was already disscused and its uses said) so put away your word a day calander and spite ,
just because theres holes in your "u+4 mixup game" dont hate on the person if points it out, justg trying to help fellow raka player
but if u want to use one of the slowest and most punishable normal attacks in the game, dont let me stop ya

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
can't test at the moment but cant up4 be canceled into any special?
i know cybers can, and pretty sure kanos too

1man3letters

can't test at the moment but cant up4 be canceled into any special?
i know cybers can, and pretty sure kanos too
no loco it cant be canceled
and what kano normal u talking about,he has no command with up

1man3letters

(ok not sayin this new tech or anything because baraka d2 has been discussed before)

im starting to see d2 as the poor mans u3
it doesnt get advanatge like u3 gets but...

it comes out in half the time as u3 and has even more pushback than u3 so it cant be punished
(4 after blocked u3 will connect,after d2,it will not)

ive been trying out d2 use after frame traps/resets when i want the opp away from me for certain times...
(like kabal/sonya with meter lol :rant3:)

yes i know baraka best in close with slices pressure/frame traps/resets but sometimes u need a bit of space,
if they block the d2 i get the pushback,if it hits i get 12% and the space i need

VOR

Noob
u3 is sweet. great setup for more pressure. as for d2- the situation described in the post above this is where i've gotten most of my d2, charge. after people start to fear the situations where i use f44, they may be trying to jump away from it, which will boost them into position of the height and angle of d2 charge to work. just catch them with it the instant they're trying to jump away. this also works on crossovers. switching up u3 and d2 seems to be kind of effective, depending on if they block or jump.

1man3letters

so while at casuals yesterday and playing vs jax, i noticed up3 will make ground pound whiff :D

going to check out what else i can make whiff with it

jamessmk

I am your god
U4. The u4 IMO has one well two purposes. Being we are fighting up hill battles from the word FIGHT!! I use it in 2 situations. Turtlers, I find if somebody is hanging ducking and hiding, it will catch them off guard. Being that most have not battled too many Barakas, it usually catches them. Keep in mind it is punishable because if missed you lay on the ground like a lump of crap and open. The other time is with a deep jump kick it is possible to get it in a combo. Not much damage but decent push back. Note if you do hit with it your opponent will be pretty miffed. So that will add insult to injury.

Blades to Heart

Zwooosh

Worst Lao Ever.
It's there because baraka has always wanted to be a pretty ballerina but he never could be, because he's ugly.

1man3letters

Note if you do hit with it your opponent will be pretty miffed. So that will add insult to injury.
ha ha so true,at the place i go for casuals gettin hit by raka's up4 always gets a major cheer! its like a taunt really

thats nice on connecting up4 from the deep jump kick,is the corner only or midscreen aswell?
recenlty i won a match by using it in the corner i linked a air to air punch to it,was like wtf i got combo with up4?!?

1man3letters

Also I have learn to use up 3 as anti-air. But pushes way too back and timing is mofo.
ya find any pros to using it?
maybe try 4 also if ya want 2 aa with normals,frame faster and better reach,can link to charge 2
if i aa with a normal instead of spin/chop i use d2, nothing more satisfying than we you catch them just over your head to knock them so high that a charge can be linked

jamessmk

I am your god
ya find any pros to using it?
maybe try 4 also if ya want 2 aa with normals,frame faster and better reach,can link to charge 2
if i aa with a normal instead of spin/chop i use d2, nothing more satisfying than we you catch them just over your head to knock them so high that a charge cant be linked
So true

1man3letters

man,im loving u3 more and more as time goes by

bait move
combo starter
we all know its deadly in the corner because of the less pushback
it puts raka in airborne state
and is +10 on block

but anyways because more and more people seem to be understanding the raka match instead of gettin my normal "free" f4,4 combo off a blocked u3 people are really respecting the +10 which equals free throws all day(will beat d1)...goodtimes :irishjig:

jamessmk

I am your god
man,im loving u3 more and more as time goes by

bait move
combo starter
we all know its deadly in the corner because of the less pushback
it puts raka in airborne state
and is +10 on block

but anyways because more and more people seem to be understanding the raka match instead of gettin my normal "free" f4,4 combo off a blocked u3 people are really respecting the +10 which equals free throws all day(will beat d1)...goodtimes :irishjig:
Another good use to to jump over low projectiles. IE Freddy low claw and Kabal blade

1man3letters

Another good use to to jump over low projectiles. IE Freddy low claw and Kabal blade
wow great call on the freddy fingers.i was using u4 to deal with them (without meter)

it goes over saw?? i thought saws hitbox would be to big and catch raka on way down like with subs slide, sweet!

(ps did ya get a chance to see the vs kabal anti ex dash/command throw tech i put in the matchup thread to get your opinion on it)

jamessmk

I am your god
wow great call on the freddy fingers.i was using u4 to deal with them (without meter)

it goes over saw?? i thought saws hitbox would be to big and catch raka on way down like with subs slide, sweet!

(ps did ya get a chance to see the vs kabal anti ex dash/command throw tech i put in the matchup thread to get your opinion on it)
No.. but I will definately check it out tonight. Work PC blocks anything FUN :(

Have to do from home

1man3letters

checked it out in training mode with a mate tonight,i dont find gettin over saw's with u+3 to be reliable enough, at full screen more often than not it would catch my back leg even when messed about with timing,had slight more sucess up close but is alot more dangerous to try

* Sorry no vid. maybe next time *

Hello Im new to this site but im no noob to MK and everything that has anything to do with mk.
So when i visit this site and see that other people includeing "Pros" were not useing this trick
against all these "top Tier" characters, I had to post it. my gift to you.

Okay! so when you use up BK or up FK you will see that Baraka will do his attack with a little hop off the ground to it.

What does it do?
long story short you can use this attack to hop over ALL low attack instances!

It gets better, when Baraka lands his hop the attack refreshes almost instantly (Applys to up LK) allowing you to ponish safe moves like Kung lao low hat, kabals saw, etc All low attack instances (least to my knowledge) also it will dodge stuff like scorpion fire and ermac lift.

With Baraka when you dodge say Kungs low hat at mid screen or sweep distance the attack will miss, BUT you can instantly punish with a blade charge. Kung will be open like presents on christmas. NICE!

Be warned that these attacks have a slow start, but fast enough to bate and tech low projectiles and attacks. But its not that slow! So don't go crying that its 50/50 your going to make it.

Note:: that with baraka while playing online it will lag when you do this trick. good news is that this means you have done the tech with perfect timeing and as an add bonus you can see the frames Kung lao has to buffer. Gives you pretty much all day to let your blades find his heart within Barakas loveing embrace.

also

Up BK attacks over head! NICE!
and can be used as anlternitive to blade dash at sweep distance to mid screen
and has great range!
is quick on refresh when hit
keeps opponent at block lock for 29 frames ( HOLLY SNAP THATS 1 SECOND)
Makes baraka low if miss
up FK and up BK hits jump aways
up FK is good against rush down. ( but then again baraka is good agains rush down )
up FK is good for corner combos

TRY IT!!! really when you get it, its like the most gratifying thing ever. Truely the sweetest juice

P.S.

Lots of characters can do this trick!!!

Sindel
Ermac
Baraka
Jade ( sort of.. not really )
Mileena
Cyrax ( un comfired... hopefully doesn't )
Sektor
Cyber Sub Zero
Skarlet
Freddy Kruger (un comfired)

and of course your pale Quan Chi

some of these characters can also use as combo starters.

1man3letters

*previous two posts moved from another thread*

anyways just another note on U3 id like to become more known,
after your standard corner reset,
lets say 22 1+2, b31,b31,f4 if you do u3 right after and the opp tries to jump out even though U3 is slow it will catch the opp on the shins/feet and lead you to a full u3 combo, you could even loop it by doing u3,b31,b31,f4 then u3 again.
if the u3 is blocked your at +10 and can pressure as you'd like, its a win win really

Mosp

Noob
It seems like the consesus is to use U+3 in the corner for the best setups but isn't sweeping just as good since it OTG's and is advantage on block as well? Also sweep is only 2 frames slower than U+3 so I'm curious how you Tarkatans use these in your arsenal :)