What's new

Tech Uses for U+3

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
U+4 has very good reach, and can go over any down poke in the game. It's a decent tool against those pesky characters with low hitboxes. It is very unsafe on both whiff and block, however.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
U+4 has very good reach, and can go over any down poke in the game. It's a decent tool against those pesky characters with low hitboxes. It is very unsafe on both whiff and block, however.

Wait they changed it to be unsafe? o_o

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
just to put it in here as xxz posted this in another baraka discussion

U3 is +10 on block :headbang::headbang::headbang:

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Basically what this means is U3 is ridiculous if I use it on a blocking opponent in the corner. B31 can only be beaten by a move 7 frames or faster after a blocked U3. D4, F4, 4 are all guarateed. Lot of possibilities with this. Shoutouts to XXZ for being gdlk and giving us this amazing info. For real.

1man3letters

Basically what this means is U3 is ridiculous if I use it on a blocking opponent in the corner. B31 can only be beaten by a move 7 frames or faster after a blocked U3. D4, F4, 4 are all guarateed. Lot of possibilities with this. Shoutouts to XXZ for being gdlk and giving us this amazing info. For real.

the moves you mentioned that are guarateed are 12frames,would the 13frames 3 and 1 be options aswell? (i know 1 whiffs on crouch block thou and poor range)

also slices is 10 frames,another possability?

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
the moves you mentioned that are guarateed are 12frames,would the 13frames 3 and 1 be options aswell? (i know 1 whiffs on crouch block thou and poor range)

also slices is 10 frames,another possability?
3 would work just as well, but you don't have many options out of it other than canceling into Chop Chop or finishing with B3 to get the knockdown. And 3 for some reason has a tendency to whiff against characters with low hitboxes. Same thing for 1, except if they crouch block the U3, they can neutral crouch the 1 and beat you. Slices alone isn't good because the first hit of Slices whiffs due to pushback, and same thing as before; against certain characters, it whiffs and they can actually jump out mid move and punish you. Out of the moves you mentioned I say 3 is the best. I think you can even use 3 in open space too as a frame trap. Do U3, then dash 3B+3.

1man3letters

3 would work just as well, but you don't have many options out of it other than canceling into Chop Chop or finishing with B3 to get the knockdown. And 3 for some reason has a tendency to whiff against characters with low hitboxes. Same thing for 1, except if they crouch block the U3, they can neutral crouch the 1 and beat you. Slices alone isn't good because the first hit of Slices whiffs due to pushback, and same thing as before; against certain characters, it whiffs and they can actually jump out mid move and punish you. Out of the moves you mentioned I say 3 is the best. I think you can even use 3 in open space too as a frame trap. Do U3, then dash 3B+3.
btw facepalm,i wrote slices as 10frames, its 11,oops

ye i know 3 has slighty less range than 4 so a dash would sure be needed for 3 of a u+3 in open space,alsways nice to has a few extra frame traps :ninja:

how bad u think 2,1,2 is on block?
is doesnt seem to bad,i know theres the frame traps off 2,2 string but ive been using 2,1 alot(which safe on block) because it has tiny bit more range that 2,2. and the cancel into slices/spin is more deciving of a 2,1 than 2,2 and finishing with the last 2 of 2,1,2 will punish if they try poke or jump back out of 2,1 on block

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
btw facepalm,i wrote slices as 10frames, its 11,oops

ye i know 3 has slighty less range than 4 so a dash would sure be needed for 3 of a u+3 in open space,alsways nice to has a few extra from traps :ninja:
Yeah I've tested that particular trap in open space. It works very well. Opponents looove attempting to jump after a blocked U3, and it looks so badass swatting them back to the ground lol. 3B+3 is becoming a staple in my arsenal now. Keeps them right next to you and vulnerable to wakeup pressure. Such a good string to use after the F4 reset too. And it's safe on block!

1man3letters

Yeah I've tested that particular trap in open space. It works very well. Opponents looove attempting to jump after a blocked U3, and it looks so badass swatting them back to the ground lol. 3B+3 is becoming a staple in my arsenal now. Keeps them right next to you and vulnerable to wakeup pressure. Such a good string to use after the F4 reset too. And it's safe on block!
3,b3 is safe on block?? is that also true of 1,2,b3?

also i edited my above post while u were replying so it cut out this...

is doesnt seem to bad,i know theres the frame traps off 2,2 string but ive been using 2,1 alot(which safe on block) because it has tiny bit more range that 2,2. and the cancel into slices/spin is more deciving of a 2,1 than 2,2 and finishing with the last 2 of 2,1,2 will punish if they try poke or jump back out of 2,1 on block

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
3,b3 is safe on block?? is that also true of 1,2,b3?

also i edited my above post while u were replying so it cut out this...

Yeah both 3B+3 and 12B+3 are safe on block.

212 is terrible lol. I hate that string. It's a MHH string that's not safe on block and can't be cancelled into anything to make it safe. It covers great distance, but it's just sooo damn slow. 21 is safe, but the 1 can be ducked. The opponent has alll the time in the world to just poke you out of it. 122 or 121 are both better choices imo. Both are safe on block, and both are HMM strings that give you slight advantage on hit, and can also be cancelled into Slices/Spin at any point.

1man3letters

Yeah both 3B+3 and 12B+3 are safe on block.

212 is terrible lol. I hate that string. It's a MHH string that's not safe on block and can't be cancelled into anything to make it safe. It covers great distance, but it's just sooo damn slow. 21 is safe, but the 1 can be ducked. The opponent has alll the time in the world to just poke you out of it. 122 or 121 are both better choices imo. Both are safe on block, and both are HMM strings that give you islight advantage on hit, and can also be cancelled into Slices/Spin at any point.
thats nice on the safe strings,ill remember that :)

yea thats really why was tryin out the, 2,1 just for the awesome distant on it,would only finish with the 2 rarely,mostly just canceling the 2,1 into slices
i just tried in training and the 1 of the 2,1 cant be ducked,tried it on mileena ducking

yes ive been trying to work out the uses for 1,2,1 and 1,2,2, i though both were safe alright but i was trying to firgure out what the best thing to do with that adv was,i was just using it to get slices block strings going
i dont like that the 1 will whiff on a crouch block but it is one of baraka faster normals at13 frames so will jail on a jip it being less than 16 but i dunno

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
thats nice on the safe strings,ill remember that :)

yea thats really why was tryin out the, 2,1 just for the awesome distant on it,would only finish with the 2 rarely,mostly just canceling the 2,1 into slices
i just tried in training and the 1 of the 2,1 cant be ducked,tried it on mileena ducking

yes ive been trying to work out the uses for 1,2,1 and 1,2,2, i though both were safe alright but i was trying to firgure out what the best thing to do with that adv was,i was just using it to get slices block strings going
i dont like that the 1 will whiff on a crouch block but it is one of baraka faster normals at13 frames so will jail on a jip it being less than 16 but i dunno
I'm not home so I can't check, but have you tried 212 from a distance so that the first 2 whiffs completely? I think the 1 does hit if the 2 is blocked. The last 2 though I'm pretty sure whiffs if they duck it. 121/122xSlices is awesome for building meter, and it's hit confirmable. So many people expect 221+2 after a blocked jumpin that they dont have enough time to react to the 1 whiffing if they crouch block it, so that's why it's good. Plus you can mix it up with the B3 ender after 12. Pretty much any character besides Reptile you can dash in and F4 pressure, or just D4 after 122 connects. Against the lizard you can 122, and then a delayed Spin and it beats his Dash everytime.

1man3letters

I'm not home so I can't check, but have you tried 212 from a distance so that the first 2 whiffs completely? I think the 1 does hit if the 2 is blocked. The last 2 though I'm pretty sure whiffs if they duck it. 121/122xSlices is awesome for building meter, and it's hit confirmable. So many people expect 221+2 after a blocked jumpin that they dont have enough time to react to the 1 whiffing if they crouch block it, so that's why it's good. Plus you can mix it up with the B3 ender after 12. Pretty much any character besides Reptile you can dash in and F4 pressure, or just D4 after 122 connects. Against the lizard you can 122, and then a delayed Spin and it beats his Dash everytime.
yea the 1 will still conect even if the 2 whiffs,but your right the final 2 and be ducked/crouch blocked and it will whiff

thats a nice trick for vs reptile 2,i dont mind that match to fun to play haha

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Am I the only one who uses it to bait teleports(other than Moe lol). I really need to stop doing that, or ill be doing that offline and look like an idiotXD.
I should use it in the corner more though.

1man3letters

Am I the only one who uses it to bait teleports(other than Moe lol). I really need to stop doing that, or ill be doing that offline and look like an idiotXD.
if it works thou then your a genious lol

if using it 2 bait teles a spin after u land might give they something else to worry about for if they try the jump in punch

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
It works sometimes, but it is a gimmick for sure. Though if they try to bait it, it's pretty tough to punish since he recovers almost instantly as soon as he touches the ground. It can work, but I say use it very sparingly since the opponent can just toss a projectile/fast special at you in anticipation of a random U3.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yeah I realize it is a gimmick, but it always seems to work on Noob Saibots for some reason

I also use it in the corner as well, makes his corner game even more deadly.

1man3letters

Yeah I realize it is a gimmick, but it always seems to work on Noob Saibots for some reason

I also use it in the corner as well, makes his corner game even more deadly.
ye u+3 after a jump in punch is so godlike!! not to shabby when blocked midscreen either

as we found out from xxz thats is +10 its great when blocked but what are people using on hit at the min?

midscreen im prob using the same as every one else and try get in a blade charge,
it does whiff the odd time,which still closes the gap

in corner theres alot to do off it on hit as sure alot of you know,at the mo i like using

jip, u3- b3,1 b3,1 1,2,1 double spin 42%

or

jip, u3- chop chop-f4 27%
(yes i know resetting of b3,1 yields 4% more damage but ya get a lil extra meter for using a special in combo and if i connect chop chop midscreen i link to d4~charge so im try to make my opp think im going to finish the u3,chop corner combo with spin or d4/d1~charge so he be thinkin of his wakeup options, only to get reset)

Flagg

Noob
Here is what I like U3 for:

Corner combo:

Jp, B31, njp, U3, B31, B1F2, Spin, Spin.

Seriously try it guys. It's a bit tricky, but man does it look nice! U3 almost acts like a "juggle" reset.

His U4 is also very good, but a move I like to use sparingly. Not only does it go over low pokes, but it goes over low fireballs like Sindel and LuiKangs, will ALWAYS connect with people doing Njp, and it's not bad if you're rushing someone down, and you've convinced them to block low because of B31 fear. It also has great range, like it covers half a screen.

Downside is, it is so punishable. Your opponent can block U4, go make a cup of tea, come back and still have time to punish. It can be blocked on reaction if someone see's it coming from half a screen, which is why it's got better use up close. Still a very risky move though!

1man3letters

Here is what I like U3 for:

Corner combo:

Jp, B31, njp, U3, B31, B1F2, Spin, Spin.

Seriously try it guys. It's a bit tricky, but man does it look nice! U3 almost acts like a "juggle" reset.

His U4 is also very good, but a move I like to use sparingly. Not only does it go over low pokes, but it goes over low fireballs like Sindel and LuiKangs, will ALWAYS connect with people doing Njp, and it's not bad if you're rushing someone down, and you've convinced them to block low because of B31 fear. It also has great range, like it covers half a screen.

Downside is, it is so punishable. Your opponent can block U4, go make a cup of tea, come back and still have time to punish. It can be blocked on reaction if someone see's it coming from half a screen, which is why it's got better use up close. Still a very risky move though!
u4 is not good and please dont tell people is it :rant3:
there is no reason to use it up close,if u think there blocking low,use f2
the ONLY good thing about the move is the gimmick of beating someone with the last hit while low projectile with a super risk move

u4 is not something u want to try mix people up with

jamessmk

I am your god
U4 is only good with a two character spacing on a turtle player. I catch people with it 60% of Time. But
Yes it is, Not a move to include in a attacking arsenal. Just to catch off guard. Unfortunately used wrong it is punishable