What's new

[UPDATED w/ TOP 8!] Absolute Battle 8 Viewing Guide, Hype and Updates Thread!

Shaka

Tier Whore.
You can say that on pretty much every 50/50. And yes it wasn't super easy to react to, but not impossible.

As I said, it isn't super easy to react to, I didn't mean to say it is super easy, it's just not impossible as you and others make it to be. And the only reason it is scary was because Sub can use the Klone at every moment in addition to either OH or Low. And yes in some cases it might be nothing a guess, but even a guess can be a read if you can predict the opponent well enough.
Really difficult but not impossible is not something you wanna take to tournaments lol

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Really difficult but not impossible is not something you wanna take to tournaments lol
It wasn't really difficult, it was a tough one but not really difficult. And even it was, it's still not unreactable.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
It wasn't really difficult, it was a tough one but not really difficult. And even it was, it's still not unreactable.
Just out of curiosity, if 18f doesn't qualify as really difficult whats your cutoff in terms of frames for a move that is?

Roy Arkon

Just out of curiosity, if 18f doesn't qualify as really difficult whats your cutoff in terms of frames for a move that is?
A 13f move on start-up or lower. That would've been really unreactable and you have to make a read for it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Did Dragon use all WW?
No.
A 13f move on start-up or lower. That would've been really unreactable and you have to make a read for it.
You're so so so wrong lol.

Even Sonicfox, who is probably the most generous in terms of what you can react to, would not say anything under 16-17 frames is reactable. Even then, 99.9% of players can't react to anything under 20 or so frames in a real match (which is where it really matters).

MKX was a game characterized by rushdown and 50/50s. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but don't try and make it out to be something it isn't.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Can we please not act like Sub's B2 was reactable? It was actually 17 frames, not that it matters, big range, fucked up hitbox, and in the corner with a klone in your face after a F12 knockdown, you were probably gonna eat a 50/50 into 45% meterless that loops into its self, breaks armor(until the last patch), and your character outside of a select few can get a worthwhile punish. This is coming from someone who played Grandmaster Sub only throughout the entirety of MKX's life. Sub-Zero wasn't even top tier and the type of setplay and "critical thinking" I just described is way way way worse and more easy to execute than even the best character in this game.

Roy Arkon

No.

You're so so so wrong lol.

Even Sonicfox, who is probably the most generous in terms of what you can react to, would not say anything under 16-17 frames is reactable. Even then, 99.9% of players can't react to anything under 20 or so frames in a real match (which is where it really matters).

MKX was a game characterized by rushdown and 50/50s. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but don't try and make it out to be something it isn't.
Regarding the frames, if Sonic Fox said that then I'm indeed in no position to argue about that.

But regarding MKX in general, I never said that MKX isn't a game that wasn't offense and Rushdown-based, when and where exactly did I say such a thing? I didn't. And MKX has way more then just the 50/50's, it also has a lot more mechanics then MK9 had, you need to manage your meter and stamina the right way, etc. Even in after the final patch, MKX is still more offense-based then most MK games, but even before that it had more things in addition to the offense and the Rushdown.

So just 2 things: 1) Please don't put words into my mouth. And 2) We need to remember all of the elements of MKX.

Great tournament, some amazing sets (grr vs Sonic, gross vs bio, hayatei vs king just to name a few), and you fools are talking about MKX and having the old reactable frame debate. For fuck's sake
I also talked about the tourney and I praised some of the matches myself, in case you didn't know. But yeah we should stop here.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
what was going on with Foxy and Scar and the coaching? I thought it was all a fun thing, but apparently it was serious?

Anyone know what it was all about?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
what was going on with Foxy and Scar and the coaching? I thought it was all a fun thing, but apparently it was serious?

I think f0xy was just joking around. It didn't seem serious in person but I don't know if there was Twitter beef or something.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers

that was deffo serious imo, but no real beef.

I think the rule was your coach already had to be with you at your side before the set began, to prevent multiple coaches etc. So foxy stopped scar getting coaching, I respect that move tbh with how important the IPS points are in this tourney.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
There were a few really good matches in top 8.

Also, it's been enough time that I actually enjoy watching good Deadshots.
Still no Deathstroke, but eh.

Roy Arkon

Holy fuck Illusions Vs. Forever King was excellent! Was really happy to see that he won that set, too bad he didn't advance further though.

Kudos to Sonic Fox for winning the whole thing.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
dragon vs gross I think it was was the best match of the day... the one with the WW play!