What's new

[UPDATED w/ TOP 8!] Absolute Battle 8 Viewing Guide, Hype and Updates Thread!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Absolute Battle 8 takes place on the 25th-27th of August in Plano, Texas and is August's last Injustice Pro Series Premier event following the exciting and highly successful EU events Viennality and VSFighting along with Summer Jam in Philadelphia. With only one more Premier event before the Championship Series Finals this will be one of the last chances for competitors to build up a large amount of points, and for some this could push them into the top 8 ranked Pro Series spots and potentially guarantee them a place at ELEAGUE to compete for the $250,000! Below are details of the schedule for AB8 over this coming weekend:

The Absolute Battle Injustice 2 Top 8 is Set! Tune in tomorrow at 3PM CT via NetherRealm!

Winners:
EchoFox | Sonicfox vs Eanix | Biohazard
Noble | Dragon vs EchoFox | Theo

Losers:
Noble | Semiij vs PxP | A F0xy Grampa
Noble | iluusions vs Circa | Forever King

So Injustice 2 will take place as follows:

Pools: Saturday 26th of August, 10am to 4pm US Central Time/4pm to 10pm BST
Finals: Sunday 27th of August, 3pm to 5pm US Central Time/9pm to 11pm BST

All of the action will be available to watch at the usual place: http://www.twitch.tv/Netherrealm
And you can view the pools here: https://smash.gg/tournament/absolute-battle-8/events/injustice-2/brackets/148839

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Nausea

Soul Ascended
Wish I could see the brackets right now :'( Smash.gg is blocked through my work, can anyone place them in here for me? :)

Nobus3r1

House of Bane; ID: 8V596
Most of these are death pools jesus lol.
Incoming Hurricane (- total players) + ~1/2 of top 32 players ranked players from Injustice Pro Series = Every pool is a death pool. Also, and I have no idea if the TOs are doing this, but they don't really have enough total entrants to justify the three out pool progression that a lot of tournaments have started using.

Youphemism

REO vs Grr set up for winners semis of pool 1 now, winner is guaranteed out of the pool and faces Sonicfox in winners finals

SylverRye vs Pnut on stream now!

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Pools 3-4 going now.

Pools five and six starting at 2.

Pools 7-8 at 4.

Top 24-top 8 at 6.

Head T.O here. Atp and Omnimos helpping me out. I went from running T7, smash, pokken, bB, GG, and Inj2 to just inj2 thank God.

I'm in pool 5 with.nicky, bio, and atp. I face nicky first round.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
how dose Darth keep getting invited to cast? All he ever dose is diss the game and the players. If I wanted to listen to a guy bitch about the game and NRS then I would read the toxic twitch chart.

He is such a frickn downer. Compare him to the GOD that is KP.. always posoitive, constructive comments.

Darth is by far the worst caster in the NRS scene.

Youphemism

how dose Darth keep getting invited to cast? All he ever dose is diss the game and the players. If I wanted to listen to a guy bitch about the game and NRS then I would read the toxic twitch chart.

He is such a frickn downer. Compare him to the GOD that is KP.. always posoitive, constructive comments.

Darth is by far the worst caster in the NRS scene.
I dunno man, all casters can be negative sometimes KP included. Arma is a community face and being honest about the game is a good thing. I think you're looking at it wrong.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I disagree. At some point is just becomes whining. We are all in the chan to have fun. We are all fans. We do nor need to hear all this negativity and constant complaining.

The commentary stream is not the place to bitch and moan about the game or the players or talk about other games. That isn't fun and there are places for that kind of conversation.

All the good casters "celebrate" the game and the event.. I do not think it is to much to ask that for the period of time we are watching an event we get to have a nice fun positive commentary that is entertaining and good natured. We can always read the twitch chat for bias lame trolling or come to TYM. The TOs put a lot of effrot into these events.. how about getting into the spirit of it.

It is like someone going to a party and spending the entire time accosting people in the kitchen to bitch about politics or something. We are all just trying to have fun here.. just shut the hell up, jack!

Youphemism

Anyway

F0xy vs Rewind coming up on stream next, winner gets to fight King in winners finals of the pool

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Wow Biohazard Vs. Gross was awesome, and Bio's comeback with the 669 point damage combo was dope!

Also Illusions and his Green Arrow beat Semij and his Catwoman 3-1! Another dope moment!

Last edited:
Did Darth Arma not watch viennality?

F0xy beat Forever King 3-0 there as well and King was using Batman.

The commentators need to be on their game!

This is F0xy's 2nd victory on King in tournament!

Youphemism

Alright so we have our top 24, here's how it looks:

Winners:
Echo Fox | Sonicfox vs PxP | A F0xy Grampa
RNG | Whiteboi vs Eanix | Biohazard
Noble | Dragon vs PG | Hayatei
Echo Fox | Theo vs Noble | Iluusions

Losers:
Noble | Semiij vs Method | REO
deoxys243 vs HARA | Rewind_FGC
Rogue | Slayer vs Echo Fox | Scar
Lord Pnut vs SQ1 | ATP
F3 | D.R. Gross vs Method | SylverRye
EMP KN | KDZ vs PG | Punk
Circa | Forever King vs SM | PerfectLegend
DF | Grr vs BV | oD Atai​

Youphemism

Top 24
Winners Round 1:
Echo Fox | Sonicfox (Black Canary) beats PxP | A F0xy Grampa (Deadshot) 3-0
Eanix | Biohazard (Deadshot) beats RNG | Whiteboi (Deadshot, Scarecrow) 3-1
Noble | Dragon (Wonder Woman) beats PG | Hayatei (Robin) 3-2
Echo Fox | Theo (Supergirl, Aquaman) beats Noble | Iluusions (Green Arrow, Black Adam) 3-1

Losers Round 1:
Noble | Semiij eliminates Method | REO 3-0
HARA | Rewind_FGC eliminates deoxys243 3-0
Echo Fox | Scar eliminates Rogue | Slayer 3-0
Lord Pnut eliminates SQ1 | ATP 3-0
F3 | D.R. Gross eliminates Method | SylverRye 3-0
PG | Punk eliminates EMP KN | KDZ 3-2
Circa | Forever King eliminates SM | PerfectLegend 3-0
DF | Grr eliminates BV | oD Atai 3-1​