What's new

[UPDATED w/ E3 Schedule] "Mortal Kombat X" officially being shown at E3

@CrimsonShadow yeah. 2015 is 6 months away, and if we're going by when they usually release games... first quarter... then that means MKX is almost 10 months away. By that time the PS4/Xbone will have shown off alot more of what the systems are capable of... So again it makes me wonder what not just start from the ground up and go 100% next gen. I'm sure Alot more people will own a next gen console by the time the game hits the market.
This is fighting game. Which we know does not sell in numbers like Arkham, AC, COD (those titles could afford to go all out XB1/PS4 only releases- even possibly sell consoles)

MK is not going to produce that kind of trigger in consumers. From a business aspect (which is what they are) releasing it as a XB1/PS4 only title would be highly detrimental and business suicide. Not even next year - would there still be enough purchasers of XB1/PS4 to warrant such a extreme (all eggs in one basket) move on a title that does not sell Arkham numbers - let alone AC & COD. They must pull in revenue from all sources available.

PS3/Xbox 360 have had "9 years" worth of market penetration to end up snugly inside 700+ million homes (lets not forget overseas) I read this in a Forbes article awhile back. Now fast forward current day, XB1/PS4 sales in max and I'm being generous here (maybe 20 - 70 million units sold/will sell including next year) still not enough to warrant a (all eggs in one basket) power move.

It would be foolish of them to NOT focus they're attention on recouping as much of that capital on a title that barely scratches the 7-10million in sales forecast. This was a smart move for *this* game.

That said, hopefully, NRS will use some of its profits towards R&D for the next MK release after MKX - which I feel will be a current gen title only (Xbox One/PS4 is now current gen - not next gen and 360/PS4 is now old gen - not current gen)

Hades

Noob
Monday 6/9 PT

2:30pm-Bethesda (unannounced title)

Could it be a new elder scrolls or fallout title? Maaan i cant wait for both this and the MKX release trailer. Imagine mortal kombat X and fallout 4/elder scrolls 6 being announced for 2015 too. Im sooooo hype now

Looks like 2015 is going to be huge! Witcher 3 being amongst one of my biggest looking forward to games and E3 will show even more gameplay of it.

But back on topic, I hope MK X ingame, gameplay gets shown at E3. I find it funny that people think the trailer is depicting "actual gameplay" lol. Silly wabbits.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I'm curious how much juice is left in the older systems to warrant a cross gen release of MKX.
next gen might be more powerful, but ps3 and xbox 360 have been around for a while.
early next gen and today's ps3 and xbox 360 games won't be too different from one another.
It takes years for the developers to take advantage of all the features that next gen offers.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
next gen might be more powerful, but ps3 and xbox 360 have been around for a while.
early next gen and today's ps3 and xbox 360 games won't be too different from one another.
It takes years for the developers to take advantage of all the features that next gen offers.
The reason I raise the question is the game is apparently ruining on Unreal Engine 4 and that engine will not run on the 360 and PS3

@CrimsonShadow yeah. 2015 is 6 months away, and if we're going by when they usually release games... first quarter... then that means MKX is almost 10 months away. By that time the PS4/Xbone will have shown off alot more of what the systems are capable of... So again it makes me wonder what not just start from the ground up and go 100% next gen. I'm sure Alot more people will own a next gen console by the time the game hits the market.
You don't take into consideration the cost and resouces it would take for many to get an XBOXONE, especially when there won't be anything promising coming out within the next 5-10 months on it. I'm sure people won't just spend their money on a console upgrade because of one game. If anything, Nertherealm studios are doing a great thing with having this game being on PS3/XBOX360 and then a port to the "newer generation" consoles. And with the ongoing issues with the new generation consoles, I'm sure people aren't going to just rush right to it, again weighting out that cost/effect balancing here.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Original post updated with the following information thanks to @Cossner:

We're given a clearer definition of when exactly the reveal for Mortal Kombat X will occur at E3 via IGN's broadcast. You can go straight to here or observe the image below to find out when. If you'd rather just hear it, the reveal will be at 2:40 P.M. PDT next Wednesday.

E3 Schedule.jpg

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Actually we do care, but we have our own forum and we discuss there. This is MK forum so were happy about MK and discuss MK in its forum
Where's the KI forum since double helix took theirs down? I was under the impression that there isnt a designated KI forum since then. Please tell me I'm wrong!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Where's the KI forum since double helix took theirs down? I was under the impression that there isnt a designated KI forum since then. Please tell me I'm wrong!
The KI forums are now the Xbox forums to the best of my knowledge. I also do not think any of the data from the DH forums was transferred but I hope I'm wrong