What's new

[UPDATED w/ E3 Schedule] "Mortal Kombat X" officially being shown at E3

E

Eldriken

Great! I love my NextGen paperweight! Let's just release EVERYTHING for every system possible instead of making an ACTUAL NextGen game. Why not just release it PS2 also while we're at it.

Fuck. =(
If you had it your way, NRS wouldn't make nearly as much money, which is what they're aiming to do.

Take this as you will: Get over it.

E

Eldriken

It will still look and play better on next-gen.
How exactly will it play better if they achieve a stable 60FPS (if that's what they are even aiming for) on all the consoles? The only thing that will be different if they achieve a consistent frame rate across ALL consoles is that one will look better than the other, which shouldn't matter for a fighting game.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I've come across some interviews on IGN where developers from both COD & AC have specially stated that a game is not truly a next gen if they're still releasing it on the previous gen. I get that they're trying to make money, but I was hoping far a true next gen fighting game. Either way I'm excited now. I actually liked the way scorpion looked in that trailer lol.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I was kinda hoping they were going to do stuff aesthetically that could only be done on current gen hardware. Like how KI did stuff that couldn't be done on last-gen hardware.

With MK-style art and ideas... I felt that would've been really impressive.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Was it really used to mock the system? Is calling something a bone bad? I always thought it was just shorthand for xbox one. xbone. much quicker. Also, not trying to argue... just curious =P
Xbox Go Home

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
How exactly will it play better if they achieve a stable 60FPS (if that's what they are even aiming for) on all the consoles? The only thing that will be different if they achieve a consistent frame rate across ALL consoles is that one will look better than the other, which shouldn't matter for a fighting game.
The X360 and PS3 won't get any more powerful in 2015 -- they'll still have the same issues they currently have. Also given that it'll be a port, I'd expect the game to run smoothest on next-gen.

ChaosTheory

The X360 and PS3 won't get any more powerful in 2015 -- they'll still have the same issues they currently have.
But don't you think the game is being developed for Xbox 360/PS3 and ported to Xbox One/PS4? Not the other way around?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
But don't you think the game is being developed for Xbox 360/PS3 and ported to Xbox One/PS4? Not the other way around?
I'd hope not, since the publishers will probably want this to be a system seller and a strong statement for what next-get can do. It may be pared back some, but hopefully it will take fuller advantage of the PS4/XBOne caps. and functionality.

trufenix

bye felicia
netplay, consistent vs constant 60fps, loading times, etc. . . all valid gameplay concerns.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
@CrimsonShadow yeah. 2015 is 6 months away, and if we're going by when they usually release games... first quarter... then that means MKX is almost 10 months away. By that time the PS4/Xbone will have shown off alot more of what the systems are capable of... So again it makes me wonder what not just start from the ground up and go 100% next gen. I'm sure Alot more people will own a next gen console by the time the game hits the market.

ChaosTheory

I'd hope not, since the publishers will probably want this to be a system seller and a strong statement for what next-get can do. It may be pared back some, but hopefully it will take fuller advantage of the PS4/XBOne caps. and functionality.
That's what I wanted/expected. It's why I'm concerned hearing it's coming out on 5 platforms. If Killer Instinct does things that can't be done on last gen... obviously that makes it seem like MKX won't be doing those types of things.

I guess we'll see.

trufenix

bye felicia
Again, both Microsoft AND Sony have pledged support for their consoles THROUGH 2016. Not a single publisher has said anything officially or offhanded about abandoning old gen hardware yet. This means big games will continue to be released on them, even if they are just half assed ports.

The only games that will be releasesd exlusively on Next Gen will be first party marketing tools and the truly technologically impressive (ie: network intensive, huge open worlds, gigantic models, etc). Simply having pretty graphics and loud sounds is not going to justify a profit loss to anyone anywhere.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
If you had it your way, NRS wouldn't make nearly as much money, which is what they're aiming to do.

Take this as you will: Get over it.
I get it, man. They want to make more money. I WANT NRS to make a lot of money off this game. I love that company and I've supported them even when some of them worked for Midway. I just really wanted a strictly NextGen MK game. I'm getting too old to play this shit and this will most likely be the last MK game for me. I also think having MK be NextGen only would move a lot of systems for them. If I didn't already have either a PS4 or XB1, I'd definitely buy one if it was NextGen only.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I get it, man. They want to make more money. I WANT NRS to make a lot of money off this game. I love that company and I've supported them even when some of them worked for Midway. I just really wanted a strictly NextGen MK game. I'm getting too old to play this shit and this will most likely be the last MK game for me. I also think having MK be NextGen only would move a lot of systems for them. If I didn't already have either a PS4 or XB1, I'd definitely buy one if it was NextGen only.
So do I, but I'm accepting of the fact that we're going to just have to wait.

It sucks for sure, but there's nothing we can do about it unfortunately.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
So do I, but I'm accepting of the fact that we're going to just have to wait.

It sucks for sure, but there's nothing we can do about it unfortunately.
I'm just being a baby like most of the people on here who are complaining about everything. I'm over it. I'm beyond excited for a new MK game and I really trust NRS to right all the wrongs there were with MK9. The current version of Injustice is about as balanced as it gets. I would love to see MKX have the same amount of character diversity in tournaments. I just want them to confirm Ermac and I'll settle down for good.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
2015 is kind of a bummer, but I can wait. I'm excited to see more. MORE :O