What's new

[UPDATED] MK11 at DC Fandome (1995 MK movie actors voice lines leaks)

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I expect MK movie trailer and something Injustice-related.

Maybe a character from Suicide Squad as a guest in MK11. King Shark?

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
I'm relieved there was no Injustice 3 reveal. It would mean longer support for MK11 and I'd rather they move on to a new ip or stick with MK (SM2/MK1-3 remaster).

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
When have they ever done that? MK11 isn't finished yet. They announce their next game once the current one is through all its dlc
Who says there's another KP? Nothing has been announced. Besides, they worked on INJ2 while MKX was still having its DLC content released. They might have already been working on it for a while especially if they plan to release 2 more KPs for MK11. INJ3 would realistically not come until 2022 or 2023.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Who says there's another KP? Nothing has been announced. Besides, they worked on INJ2 while MKX was still having its DLC content released. They might have already been working on it for a while especially if they plan to release 2 more KPs for MK11. INJ3 would realistically not come until 2022 or 2023.
I never said they aren't working on their next game. I just said they wont announce the next one with their current one still being worked on. Ed just said they aren't finished by a long shot, they've said multiple times this is going to be the longest supported NRS game yet, and they haven't even revealed all of the skin packs for the game yet. Even if Aftermath is the final expansion for MK11, they aren't going to announce their next game a few weeks afterwards lol. We waited over a year for Spawn footage, but people really think we're gonna be looking at a whole new game in less than a month

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I think NRS getting outed for abusive crunch made them slow down their dev schedule. Remember MKX KP1 where we got a character a month? But then surprise twist we got Tremor 2 weeks after Predator. They def aren't on that anymore. Combine that with covid and theres no fucking way they're continuing their old cycle

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I think NRS getting outed for abusive crunch made them slow down their dev schedule. Remember MKX KP1 where we got a character a month? But then surprise twist we got Tremor 2 weeks after Predator. They def aren't on that anymore. Combine that with covid and theres no fucking way they're continuing their old cycle
For real, that was so exciting!

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I never said they aren't working on their next game. I just said they wont announce the next one with their current one still being worked on. Ed just said they aren't finished by a long shot, they've said multiple times this is going to be the longest supported NRS game yet, and they haven't even revealed all of the skin packs for the game yet. Even if Aftermath is the final expansion for MK11, they aren't going to announce their next game a few weeks afterwards lol. We waited over a year for Spawn footage, but people really think we're gonna be looking at a whole new game in less than a month
Oh for sure! I definitely think the game will take years to make IF they're going to make it. I mean 2023 might be an early ballpark.

Oh for sure! I definitely think the game will take years to make IF they're going to make it. I mean 2023 might be an early ballpark.
While I applaud the acknowledgement that video games take a long time to make, I'm also stunned when people imagine NRS hasn't been working on a well-selling sequel for a good while already.

You think the entirety of NRS has worked on just the Kombat Pack characters for a year and a half now, while also not managing to fix any hitboxes or balance issues in that time? OR, does the latter maybe hint that the MK portion is running on a skeleton crew for anything that isn't directly translatable to sales...

And you know what sells the best? A new game, coming 2 years after MK, just like it did with MK9 and MKX.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
While I applaud the acknowledgement that video games take a long time to make, I'm also stunned when people imagine NRS hasn't been working on a well-selling sequel for a good while already.

You think the entirety of NRS has worked on just the Kombat Pack characters for a year and a half now, while also not managing to fix any hitboxes or balance issues in that time? OR, does the latter maybe hint that the MK portion is running on a skeleton crew for anything that isn't directly translatable to sales...

And you know what sells the best? A new game, coming 2 years after MK, just like it did with MK9 and MKX.
I mean, given covid and all, I wouldn't be surprised if they delayed their next game a few months, but it would be a big exception. The only game that released more than 2 years after it's predecessor since the release of MKDA has been MK9, and it was only 5 months later than usual. I could see them releasing their next game in June or July instead of the usual April, but like you said, they have been working on it for a long time now.

Slymind

Noob
the 2 year cycle remains unbroken
maybe delayed cause of covid

but once again until proof happens otherwise, there's no reason to see any deviation on the schedule thats been the way its been since mk9
There is a reason, Ed said multiple times that they plan on supporting this game longer than any other. It's not guaranteed, but, it is a reason.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator

That's what I said in my previous posts lmao ya don't need to be facetious. Like I said, they worked on INJ2 while putting out MKX DLCs.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
We know MK11 will get more characters because the files tell us. There are 8 unfilled slots, in MKX and Injustice 2 every unfilled slot was used by the end. So yes it will continue to get support.

I don't think its impossible for them to announce their next game while putting out MK11 content though.

That's what I said in my previous posts lmao ya don't need to be facetious. Like I said, they worked on INJ2 while putting out MKX DLCs.
Kind of meaningless, when you then say "I mean 2023 might be an early ballpark" like a silly person. Their current hands-off approach when it comes to managing MK11 is not something you'd do with a property you plan to have around as your only game for the next 3 years.