What's new

Updated Character bios for MK1

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
It would be VERY weird to make Kuai Liang Scorpion and erase Hanzo from existence...

For starters that would mean that Liu Kang deleted the cryomancers because Kuai Liang's ice powers were genetic heritage.

Kuai Liang's name is mentioned in one of the intro dialogues, we still don't know if it refers to Scorpion or a third brother.

My personal theory: Hanzo is an adopted brother (maybe even abducted as Bi Han and Kuai Liang were originally), raised with the Kuai Liang name but later revealed to being born Hanzo Hasashi. That would mean that Kuai Liang simply won't exist though... (Or maybe they were swapped at some point and Kuai Liang can return, like Hanzo discovers this, learns about the lost brother that could challenge Bi Han or something...).

Another possibility branching on that one is that Kenshi was raised by the yakuza and is the one who mentions Kuai Liang so maybe that's where the babies were swapped with the japanese Hanzo being sent to the Lin Kuei... This would also fuse Kenshi's alliance with Kuai Liang in the first timeline and with Hanzo in the second one.

It's very weird that they went in a direction that basically deleted the 2 most popular characters, I'm sure Scorpion fans want Hanzo and Kuai Liang fans don't want to play as Scorpion.
tbf fair, speaking now before we get more info, why assume that hanzo doesn't exist?

If Kuai does indeed turn out ot be this Scorpion, its not far fetched to assume Hanzo is around but with a different role to play.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I do see what you're saying, but if everything that Liu did to this point cultivated in "it's a good time to have The King of Iron Fist Tournament" as the main story it would seem pretty underwhelming. Like it would be good to actually show off a full game of godliness before we go back to smaller stories since that better establishes him as a God and further removes him from "Earth Champion" Liu. The smaller stories can be Kenshi plot, Kitana plot, etc.
Hard disagree, I am fatigued massive threat level. Shinnok directly into Kronika was enough for a while. This would be the perfect time to take it back a few steps. Liu should act as Raiden did in the first timeline, around and powerful but not the forefront or the deciding factor of the plot.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Eh, if you want to be pessimistic.

To me it sounds like its akin to vampirism or lycanthropy. That's way more interesting to me than "some demons fucked some outworlders a long time ago".

Are we gonna pretend like that was some deep origin?
That was changed in MKX when Baraka revealed he had a homerealm once, and Shao Kahn conquered it.

BumbleBee

Power of Toasty
How did i miss this topic ?! At any rate, i'm not as bothered about the Scorpion switcheroo (and the entire Shiray Ryu vanishing into the ether), since they've done it to distant themselves from the "Family and Clan" soap opera. I'm more concerned about Raiden's new origin and especially the powers acquisition. Not to jump ahead, but this reeks of arcana travesty from '21 or something similar.

Someone here already suggested turning him into a full-blown bo wielder and it's a splendid, logical idea. But, i guess, that won't let them sell Jade later down the line.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
How did i miss this topic ?! At any rate, i'm not as bothered about the Scorpion switcheroo (and the entire Shiray Ryu vanishing into the ether), since they've done it to distant themselves from the "Family and Clan" soap opera. I'm more concerned about Raiden's new origin and especially the powers acquisition. Not to jump ahead, but this reeks of arcana travesty from '21 or something similar.

Someone here already suggested turning him into a full-blown bo wielder and it's a splendid, logical idea. But, i guess, that won't let them sell Jade later down the line.
it seems and looks might possible that Liu just took the thunder power from himself and returned to Raiden's body, in order to make him his champion

Liu seems to be using only fire, the normal fire (orange color) and the mystical fire (the blue one), so, maybe he did something like Thor did in that Love and Thunder crap movie , and shared part of his thunder power with Raiden, or transfered it totally back to him, to give him chance to battle the evil forces, hehe

I'm loving this new Raiden, he will be a humble but badass fighter, and he being a chinese person is amazing, turning him much more martial dude and more aligned with the MK thematic lore

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
tbf fair, speaking now before we get more info, why assume that hanzo doesn't exist?

If Kuai does indeed turn out ot be this Scorpion, its not far fetched to assume Hanzo is around but with a different role to play.
It doesn't make much sense that someone who is genetically a Cryomancer uses fire powers unless Cryomancers are retconned from existence as a race.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
It doesn't make much sense that someone who is genetically a Cryomancer uses fire powers unless Cryomancers are retconned from existence as a race.
Going by the new bios, it seems like magic is a thing. So Bi Han may be more attuned to ice magic (since he's a cold heartless bastard) and Kuai can be more attuned to fire magic

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Smoke now lacks supernatural powers (no more Enenra stuff?) but has focused on practical magic (wtf is even that? I assumed it meant smoke bombs and gadgets but he literally shows up in a flying smoke tornado).