What's new

Updated Character bios for MK1

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM

Key takeaways:

Scorpion and Sub-Zero are blood related brothers now, not “clan” brothers.

Mileena and Kitana are still twins, Mileena is only a few seconds older. The throne is still for Outworld rather than Edenia, so Shao Kahn may still be alive.

Raiden is the new Champion of Earthrealm. He is from Fengjian and has been trained.

Kung Lao is normally a farmer, but is chosen to fight amongst Earthrealm’s warriors. He and Raiden are both from Fengjian.

Kenshi’s family used to be honorable people x but then became what are predecessors of the Yakuza after losing everything. Kenshi wants to claim Sento again and does not have it.

I think this could shape up to be freaking awesome.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
So, Kitana and Mileena are Outworlders? Could have sworn those stages were Edenia. Still could be of course. Hmm...

Also, I don't know how to feel about Sub and Scorpion being brothers. Is Scorpion still Hanzo? Does the Shirai Ryu still exist? I'm confused af.

Last edited:
So, Kitana and Mileena are Outworlders? Could have sworn those stages were Edenia. Still could be of course. Hmm...
My guess is Edenia might not even exist in this timeline. Boon has said in an interview "Outworld is pretty now", and to me that sounds a lot like what Edenia would be, so maybe it would be redundant to have both. My guess is Sindel is the empress of Outworld, and the whole realm is beautiful, much like the Living Forest and Sindel's palace showcased in the gameplay trailer, but then when Shao Kahn inevitably takes over in this game or in a sequel, we'll start to see this "pretty" Outworld rot and turn into what we know from the original timeline. I like the idea if this is the case, honestly.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
My guess is Edenia might not even exist in this timeline. Boon has said in an interview "Outworld is pretty now", and to me that sounds a lot like what Edenia would be, so maybe it would be redundant to have both. My guess is Sindel is the empress of Outworld, and the whole realm is beautiful, much like the Living Forest and Sindel's palace showcased in the gameplay trailer, but then when Shao Kahn inevitably takes over in this game or in a sequel, we'll start to see this "pretty" Outworld rot and turn into what we know from the original timeline. I like the idea if this is the case, honestly.
While I wouldn't mind them taking that direction, having Edenia retconed out of the story isn't something I'd like. That would be pretty big. I mean, a good portion of characters e.g. Rain, Tanya, Jade, Sindel, Jerrod, are linked with that realm.

It sounds like they want to go back to MK2 when Tarkatans were a race of mutants living in the wastelands of Outworld.

So if Tarkat is a disease I bet those afflicted are shunned by the others. So you could tell a story with Mileena coming to grips with it and hopefully involve Baraka because I doubt he'd consider it a curse or disease.

Also, I don't know how to feel about Sub and Scorpion being brothers. Is Scorpion still Hanzo? Does the Shirai Ryu still exist? I'm confused af.
I fear they turned Outworld into Edenia and it's only Outworld in name only.

But maybe events in Story Mode will turn it into the classic Outworld.

Last edited:

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
My issue with a lot of these bios is they seem to just be repeating the old story beats. Whats the point of making Sub Zero and Scorpion brothers, if they're just going to immediately fight each other? Why make Mileena a normal empress, just to immediately make her the deranged outcast?

While I wouldn't mind them taking that direction, having Edenia retconed out of the story isn't something I'd like. That would be pretty big. I mean, a good portion of characters e.g. Rain, Tanya, Jade, Sindel, Jerrod, are linked with that realm.
You just made me like this development. I still hope we see pretty Outworld turn into classic Outworld but the idea that in this timeline the realm of Edenia doesn't exist? I love it.

There is no more Edenia. Rain, Tanya, Jade, Sindel, Jerrod, Kitana? These are Outworlders now.
I can't even say "Death to Edenia" anymore because Edenia never lived.

It's interesting, but no Hanzo in this universe?
The bio doesn't mention whether or not Scorpion is Kuai Liang or still Hanzo Hasashi but, since he's described as "Revered Lin Kuei Warrior" and the bio specifically mentions he and Sib-Zero's father, I think it might be a safe assumption that Kuai Liang is now Scorpion.

And as for Hanzo Hasashi, this is just speculation, but I think he still exists in this Liuneverse as a member of the Shirai Ryu and will become Noob-Saibot.

The bio doesn't mention whether or not Scorpion is Kuai Liang or still Hanzo Hasashi but, since he's described as "Revered Lin Kuei Warrior" and the bio specifically mentions he and Sib-Zero's father, I think it might be a safe assumption that Kuai Liang is now Scorpion.

And as for Hanzo Hasashi, this is just speculation, but I think he still exists in this Liuneverse as a member of the Shirai Ryu and will become Noob-Saibot.
Or maybe this:
Kuai Liang, Scorpion. Feuds with Sub-Zero.
Bi Han, Sub-Zero, Maybe he dies and still becomes Noob Saibot (Why is Quan Chi in this game anyway?)
Hanzo Hasashi, the new younger Sub-Zero being trained by Grandmaster Scorpion for the sequel game.

And what you get out of that is Scorpion vs Bi Han Sub-Zero/Noob Saibot instead of the classic Scorpion/Sub-Zero feud.

While that is true, it seems to be visible they are all linked to Outworld now. Sindel herself is in Outworld's throne, her palace has structures very reminiscent of Edenia, the guard protecting the stage has very similar design choices to Tanya, implying she could be a general of some sort. All of these characters will probably continue to exist, but on Outworld's past, and that is if we're not going into another multiverse situation in which 2 Outworlds will be continuously featured. But I get that cutting Edenia seems unnecessary, specially of you're gonna still keep the story gimmicky with multiverses and so on. My bet is NRS is likely trying to make the story simpler and straight to the point, but we'll see.

Or maybe this:
Kuai Liang, Scorpion. Feuds with Sub-Zero.
Bi Han, Sub-Zero, Maybe he dies and still becomes Noob Saibot (Why is Quan Chi in this game anyway?)
Hanzo Hasashi, the new younger Sub-Zero being trained by Grandmaster Scorpion for the sequel game.

And what you get out of that is Scorpion vs Bi Han Sub-Zero/Noob Saibot instead of the classic Scorpion/Sub-Zero feud.
Quan Chi is dlc so probably not related to the story this time.

Kokoko

Somehow
My issue with a lot of these bios is they seem to just be repeating the old story beats.
Theoretically, this can be explained in the story mode. No matter how you try to change the future, some key events will still occur in some form. No matter how much Liu Kang tries to change the universe and get rid of evil, it will always be. We already had this in a bunch of movies.

It's interesting, but no Hanzo in this universe?
I think Hanzo will be in story mode. He'll be added as an easter egg, for example, as the most ordinary person. Or he could be part of the Yakuza along with Kenshi. I don't think they will get rid of him.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I will not say it until it's officially confirmed but making Kuai Liang a Scorpion and throwing Hanzo Hasashi to the trash bin might be the worst idea of Cianciolo till date.

And it's huge, because he had a lot of terrible takes before.

Kokoko

Somehow
For me, the weakest thing so far is that they just swapped Liu and Raiden.
But Raiden's description says he's an Earthrealm Champion. Not just a defender, but a champion. Does this mean that the tournament is still a thing? If so, Outworld doesn't look like invaders. In that case, there must be someone else. Havik and the Realm of Chaos that Shang Tsung is working with?

The direction they went with is turning Outworld into Edenia.