What's new

UPDATE: Doomsday Revealed in GameStop's 'Join the Party' Promotion

Nillcox

Batman of Zur-En-Arrh
So guys how many characters are confirmed 100%. I counted 18 not including Doomsday and Black Adam yet. That leaves 6 out of the 24.
You forgot Harley Quinn, and the roster was confirmed to be bigger than 24 by Hector back at NYCC.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Still no unlocks? It appears they updated it and they count all members in the "party", whatever that means.

Killzone

Warrior

Cruz

Banned
Not only does he use his spikes, he can do different things with them, which could be included in the game.
The potential for Doomsday as a character for a fighting game is gigantic.

1) http://s1.directupload.net/images/130308/6372qdkg.jpg
2) http://s1.directupload.net/images/130308/eu9c9lgu.jpg
3) http://s14.directupload.net/images/130308/imxihcfi.jpg
4) http://s14.directupload.net/images/130308/qhfmweda.jpg
Looks more interesting than i thought he would be, if he plays like that i'm gonna main him as my third
after Sinestro and Lex Luthor.

Peckapowa

Champion
a character that has been murdered thousands of times only to regenerate and become immune to what defeated him sounds like kabal tier too me.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Wonder what kind of Character Trait Doomsday will have

probably just another who powers up for a few seconds
We know Superman's is a power increase, but I don't think we're 100% on anyone else having just a power up really.

Remember we thought Aquaman's trait was a power up too, but in that one breakdown on Aquaman the announcer explains that when he activates his trait he becomes wet and his body becomes slippery so the next combo that launches will have him fall out of the combo prematurely.

Green Lantern has some buff looking thing too, but we can't assume it's jsut a power up. I just don't see NRS being that uncreative if they made up that clever slippery bullshit for Aquaman.

Killzone

Warrior
Wonder what kind of Character Trait Doomsday will have
If they did him right, then he has some kind of an adaptation to the opponent.

Doomsdays trait should be 10 seconds or something like that of heavily, heavily, heavily reduced damage, if the opponents does the same shit over and over again.
Let's say Doomsday VS Green Arrow, both are low health and Green Arrow wants to chip Doomsday out from the distance. Doomsday would turn on his trait and be able to take the first arrows, but the following ones wouldn't do any damage at all, because he adapted to them.

Same for other stuff ... durnig his trait you wouldn't be able to combo him with an easy combo like 1, 1, 2 because the first 1 would deal damage, but the second 1 wouldn't do any damage at all and the following 2 would be the damage dealing hit again.
So either you would have to do normal attacks to do damage on him, or do your regular combos, but without any real damage - you would basically only do it to waste the time of his trait, or you would have to play defensivly, or what the hell do I know D:

Other than that Doomsday could have a lot of shit.
I would like to see some huge ass leaps, him hitting the ground and creating huge earth-shattering earthquakes and so on. No grappeling, but pure god damn power.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Don't really see Doomsday having many "unique" abilities I'm going for a Grudy/Bane mix...And wtf is up with the trailer no one can unlock it? Fuckin GameStop -__-

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
If they did him right, than he has some kind of adaptation to the opponent.

Doomsdays trait should be 10 seconds or something like that of heavily, heavily, heavily reduced damage, if the opponents does the same shit over and over again.
Let's say Doomsday VS Green Arrow, both are low health and Green Arrow wants to chip Doomsday out from the distance. Doomsday would turn on his trait and be able to take the first arrows, but the following ones wouldn't do any damage at all, because he adapted to them.

Same for other stuff ... durnig his trait you wouldn't be able to combo him with an easy combo like 1, 1, 2 because the first 1 would deal damage, but the second 1 wouldn't do any damage at all and the following 2 would be the damage dealing hit again.
So either you would have to do normal attacks to do damage on him, or do your regular combos, but without any real damage - you would basically only do it to waste the time of his trait, or you would have to play defensivly, or what the hell do I know D:

Other than that Doomsday could have a lot of shit.
I would like to see some huge ass leaps, him hitting the ground and creating huge earth-shattering earthquakes and so on. No grappeling, but pure god damn power.
I had the idea of some kind of defense boost, but the way you explain it is excellent. An adaptation trait that would reduce damage seems perfect for him.

I also gotta agree with you that I think he'll be just flat out devastating power.I even think that they made Superman's powerful moves look not too tooo powerful looking because they gave the real crazy power stuff to Doomsday.