What's new

Tech - Sektor Up Rock is Back and Better Than Ever

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Sektor was overrated from the get go. Uprockets are not even good. Much worse than pre patch up rock. These nerfs have drastically hurt the character

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Let's be real here, dude. Something like that was never intended to be in the game and no one should have expected it to stick around. =P
I wanted it to stay. It was ridiculously too long before but now u can't even trade with kung jin's arrow and combo. The fear of up rockets is drastically reduced. Hit confirmability from the zoning distance has been reduced to almost negligible. I wouldn't have cared if I could get knocked down and not combo because that was ridiculous before, but not even being able to trade with a projectile that has next to no hitstun is a severe nerf. IMHO

Generalbit

And no the character isn't "dead" or unusable, it's just that now he lost the utility of a great tool he had.

E

Eldriken

I wanted it to stay. It was ridiculously too long before but now u can't even trade with kung jin's arrow and combo. The fear of up rockets is drastically reduced. Hit confirmability from the zoning distance has been reduced to almost negligible. I wouldn't have cared if I could get knocked down and not combo because that was ridiculous before, but not even being able to trade with a projectile that has next to no hitstun is a severe nerf. IMHO
Who wouldn't want it to stay? It was a threatening tool. It still wasn't fair. No character in the game should have a tracking projectile that gives you so much hit advantage that you can get knocked down and still have time to get up and do what you want.

Generalbit

Who wouldn't want it to stay? It was a threatening tool. It still wasn't fair. No character in the game should have a tracking projectile that gives you so much hit advantage that you can get knocked down and still have time to get up and do what you want.
Getting knocked down was dumb I admit, but he should be able to trade with a non-knockdown projectile and punish them for trying to zone sektor... y'know?

E

Eldriken

Getting knocked down was dumb I admit, but he should be able to trade with a non-knockdown projectile and punish them for trying to zone sektor... y'know?
From a certain distance, sure. But nothing like 3/4 of the screen away or more.

Generalbit

From a certain distance, sure. But nothing like 3/4 of the screen away or more.
That's the zoning distance, and as long as he didn't get knocked down or the projectile had too much hit adv. he should be able to combo. This is my opinion and I stick to it

E

Eldriken

That's the zoning distance, and as long as he didn't get knocked down or the projectile had too much hit adv. he should be able to combo. This is my opinion and I stick to it
Which is completely fine. I'm not trying to say you're wrong for your opinion on the matter. Just expressing my own. :p

Lokheit

Noob
How hard was the nerf then? Can he still combo if he's next to the opponent? And can he combo into teleport?

Lokheit

Noob
Yes to both
Thanks, then this isn't as bad as I though judging by the reactions, you're only missing the combo starter at full range, no big deal.

Now if F2 or 114 are good substitutes for 1112 to still get the armor break set up he will be fine :)

I'm looking forward to train with Sektor and I was afraid uprockets no longer allowed combos.

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
They should restore Tremor's Up Rock to what it was before and just make it a mid. A "few" frames of hitstun taken from Up Rockets wouldn't be enough. It needs a lot more than that.
How much hitstun does it have after this hotfix?? And yes i meant tone the hitstun down more than literally a "few" frames lol

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Lol is your sole reason of existence on tym to talk shit to other people. You cant go into a thread without you starting an argument smh.. Btw i Barely use him. Actually use smoke. Nice try though
Your sole purpose on TYM is to make baseless arguments with very little knowledge and experience. If you're gonna post your (mostly wrong) opinion, either prepare to get called out or at least have something to back it up.

And if you "barely use him" then why are you even posting in here like if you were an expert on the character?

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Hot fix is out now with the said change.

Now this guy... @WakeUp DP, I dont know who you are and I doubt anyone else does, but if you talk shit you have to back it up. I challenge you to a money match. Since I know you probably will never show up offline, I'm willing to do it online. Does this weekend sound good?
Yes it was hot fixed. Not at the time I posted my comment. It was hot fixes 2days later for me. I just assumed you were lying.

Money match for what? When did I say I was a better player than you? I never questioned your skills lol. Who cares.