What's new

Unpopular opinions thread

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Pig of the hut and Tom Brady are extremely overrated as both good players and valuable community members.
So true. As far as I can tell one of them is just a negative influence, the other one at least commentates and provides good tech every now and again however. I wouldn't call this an unpopular opinion however.

But I digress. My unpopular opinions:

Tanya didn't need a nerf, the community needed to level up.
Reptile was close to top 5 BEFORE the MKXL patch.
DVorah is seriously slept on.
Jax needed his damage.

Smoke is really strong.

No character in any fighting game ever should require 1 frame block links to defend against efficiently. When such mix-ups go through its anti-hype, and when playing it had no bearing on the skill level of either player.

NRS did an AMAZING job of making the new characters play in MKX how their personality / background suggests they would in real life, both aesthetically and thematically

Hollywood DMS was a great caster

Last edited:
So true. As far as I can tell one of them is just a negative influence, the other one at least commentates and provides good tech every now and again however. I wouldn't call this an unpopular opinion however.

But I digress. My unpopular opinions:

Tanya didn't need a nerf, the community needed to level up.
Reptile was close to top 5 BEFORE the MKXL patch.
DVorah is seriously slept on.
Jax needed his damage.

Smoke is really strong.

No character in any fighting game ever should require 1 frame block links to defend against efficiently. When such mix-ups go through its anti-hype, and when playing it had no bearing on the skill level of either player.

NRS did an AMAZING job of making the new characters play in MKX how their personality / background suggests they would in real life, both aesthetically and thematically

Hollywood DMS was a great caster
I'm a huge Tanya fan and a Tanya main, she needed a nerf but she didn't need to be nerfed ANYWHERE close to they way she was nerfed.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Injustice should stray as far away from MK style gameplay as possible, no more 2D/3D hybrid. Make a 2D ass 2D game.

Remove the following
Far advancing normals
Combo strings that come out on wiff
Dialed in inputs
Slow normals/long ass recovery/and just plain ridiculous amounts of block stun
Overheads that lead to combos
Mids in general really don't need to be a thing, just let highs hit crouching

Make them different as possible to try and keep both games alive simultaneously, and I would really like a break from MK9 style gameplay.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Injustice should stray as far away from MK style gameplay as possible, no more 2D/3D hybrid. Make a 2D ass 2D game.

Remove the following
Far advancing normals
Combo strings that come out on wiff
Dialed in inputs
Slow normals/long ass recovery/and just plain ridiculous amounts of block stun
Overheads that lead to combos
Mids in general really don't need to be a thing, just let highs hit crouching

Make them different as possible to try and keep both games alive simultaneously, and I would really like a break from MK9 style gameplay.
Then play a fighter that fits the descriptions, thats like literally everything except for Injustice and MK

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Kitana needs her old damage back.
Any character that can combo off a mixup that aren't both -30 or more are broken.
Reducing the amount of chip damage across the board was retarded.
So was reducing meter building
Tanya did not need any more nerfs after the Meter building and chip damage nerfs except the Tonfa Toss nerf.
Cyrax shouldn't be able to create low bombs while opponent is it net
Pretty Lady's chainsaws should be -357 on block and recovery.
Tag Team mode would be broken af in MKX.
Bartitsu and Tarkatan are equally Kobu Jutsu in their own ways
Alien dpesn't need nerfs yet.
Not every character should've been given a 6-7 frame poke.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
agree with the take da thing. But Why do you think Jax is the best.
Because he has pretty much everything tool wise and amazing corner carry, topped off with some insane corner damage. I think he is the most well rounded character in the game

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Lame characters are owed nothing.

Would rather have Guests or more variations for popular characters than lame ass Baraka, Li mei, Bo, hsu hao, drahmin, taven, daegon, darrius, jarek, sheeva and Kai.

Shang tsung is lame character and he shouldn't be in future games.

They should increase the number of variations for next game.

There is nothing wrong with giving popular characters more costumes than Goro and his lame buddies.

More mortal kombat and less call of duty.( not sure if this unpopular)

All special forces character are bland except for Johnny's daughter.

Aesthetics are as important as gameplay.

15 brutalities per character.

Mortal kombat needs new Boss characters.