What's new

Unpopular opinions thread

That's a bold statement you made. Are you going to back it up?
My turn: Johnny, Jax, Sonya, Kenshi, Kano, Goro, Shinnok, Kitana, Lao, and Liu Kang had no place on the roster.
Why?
-Johnny, Jax, Sonya, Kano, and Kenshi all feel irrelevant and tired with the kids on the same roster as them.
-Kitana, Lao, and Liu Kang are even more irrelevant, they did nothing more than suck off Quan Chi and inherit a role in the end. They even tricked us into thinking that they had been revived.
-Shinnok isn't a very good boss, especially not in this game. Playable bosses make boss characters look weaker, This cripples Shinnok even more.
-Kano just sucks. He does nothing but job and I can't wait to see him to be replaced by his son. He just so outplayed.
-Goro is a great MK character, but we certainly we need another sub-boss, a new fresh sub boss.

Here is what I would've done.
A game taking place 10 years before "MKX" involving Shinnok as the non playable boss (no corrupted Shinnok either) With Sonya, Jax, Johnny, Kenshi, Sareena, and Cyrax as the Earthrealm warriors. Sub, Scorp, Raiden, Bo Rai Cho, Goro, Kitaro, Baraka, Quan Chi and all the revenants+ others make up the roster. Afterwards, the next game would have a new boss with a story that revolves around the boss and the Outworld civil war. I left out a lot of details but that is the jist of it.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Oh, nice thread! As a Kano main, I've never thought Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Shinnok were particularly difficult to handle, even before all of the buffs to my character and nerfs to the three above. I think Grandmaster Sub Zero is literally hell to fight though, ever since day one and even now. That matchup is my demon.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Lui needs a bigger hole in his pressure.
Variations were a mistake.
Reptile is not A tier.