What's new

Universal MK3/UMK3/MKT Infinite Trap

ded

Elder God
Well i'm sure most of you know about this somehow but didnt realize that it can act as an infinite trap.

Everyone knows about corner pressure, and that there are pushback after 3rd blocked jab, or if it hits. Also most of you know about canceling jabs with block or another jab or run. The idea is that if you jab x 2 someone in corner and cancel the second jab with another jab x 2 the opponent wouldnt be able to duck (if he is standing) or cant escape if he is in duck block pose. What you simply have to do is just jab someone while he blocks and then cancel the jab x 2 cycles. If the opponent release block he will get hit by the jab but if you time right your jabs you wont be pushed away still and can continue jabbing. With other words if its done as it should be the opponent just cannot escape he can just block/duck block/release block then hold the block again. One jab into corner leads to death using this pattern.

Some of you may say "this is a corner pressure jabbing" and it acts like it but its not. ChaiN told me it works in MKII too but i got it there only vs stand up foes, for some reason i had troubles vs ducking opps there. I will talk with him about this tomorrow and will post about it.

This is not said before and acts like a real infinite-trap and its universal. Some chars may are immune to some patterns like Stryker or Shang in MKII but overall it works with everyone vs everyone. Also you should be a mini-step away from the opp for not throw him of course lol

Here is an example vid (it can be done with HP too vs standup opss): http://mk.ediko.net/umk3/universalinftrap.wmv

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYcdTNeLgUw

This shit was discovered by ChaiN ;]

ded

Elder God
yeah i remember this match hanzo lol

i knew it could be done only with hsmoke and noob saibot (umk3) because of their speed properties, i didnt knew it can be done with everyone, i will wait for ChaiN until tomorrow to explain me how to do this in MKII vs ducked opponent because i had troubles getting it there (the cycle is jab x 3 there) and will post a vid of it too when i get the chance

This is old news to me at least. This corner pressure (or corner trap) has been used since 1995 when the game came out. Good to see it documented cause I'm sure not everyone knows this.

ded

Elder God
corner jabs are known from mk1 not from umk3 frankie and as for the throws part if you are not close to the opponent you cant throw him even if he release back

hanzo told me that lex posted about this inf in srk long time ago but he and vzla guys knew it can be done only vs stand up foe, the news here is that if timed right it can be done vs ducked block opp too

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
yup yup, bottom line

STAY OUT OF THE CORNERS

makes the game interesting while fighting for position

ded_ said:
corner jabs are known from mk1 not from umk3 frankie and as for the throws part if you are not close to the opponent you cant throw him even if he release back

hanzo told me that lex posted about this inf in srk long time ago but he and vzla guys knew it can be done only vs stand up foe, the news here is that if timed right it can be done vs ducked block opp too
Jabs have been around since MK1, when did I say they werent? But, at least here locally, jabs werent nearly as effective until MK3 with the run button. I didnt use jabs and rushing techniques in MK2 so much. Those older games are so much slower paced. I really cant remember any quality strats in them its been so damn long.

And I'm also aware that you cant always be thrown out of the corner. I was just commenting on it, cause not everyone would think of that as a way to get out of the corner. Thats a long time, experienced player strategy. Take a hit (or in this case throw) to get on the offensive or out of a trap. Hence why I mentioned it.

MKK hanzo

Mmmmmmmm... I jabbed (and jab) like crazy in ll MK games since Mk1. In fact we here knew that ANY button (including Block) tapped in an Lp or Hp animation fastens its recovery. UMK3 just made it easier.

ded

Elder God
yeah you are right, the jabs become much more effective after mk3 and the run button i just mentioned mk1 because there was no pushback in corner there while you are jabbing, and the biggest irony is that this inf-trap dont work there LOL

MKK hanzo_hasashi said:
Mmmmmmmm... I jabbed (and jab) like crazy in ll MK games since Mk1. In fact we here knew that ANY button (including Block) tapped in an Lp or Hp animation fastens its recovery. UMK3 just made it easier.
Dude seriously I dont remember the major strats from back then, hell I barely remember UMK3. I was like 11 years old when I play MK1, and at that point was a major league beginner. Didnt travel at all really for competition due to my age.

ded_ said:
yeah you are right, the jabs become much more effective after mk3 and the run button i just mentioned mk1 because there was no pushback in corner there while you are jabbing, and the biggest irony is that this inf-trap dont work there LOL
See dude, thats dating my memory again. I dont even remember that there were no push backs in MK1 lol.

ded

Elder God
thats my favorite after umk3 from the series lol

and hanzo you have to see soultaker's raiden, the jabs traps vs ducked raiden just dont work vs him

going on topic it will be neat to add this to the guide, since its very useful and with some characters its not that hard to perform AND its new to everyone that it can be done vs ducked character.

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
even if you are at the perfect distance, its too situational to be effective.

you are also forgetting the part where scorpion tries to teleport, kabal tries to spin, etc etc.

ded

Elder God
if done right nothing works, and yea its hard to be effective even if you are perfectly placed

Cool new umk3/mkt inf. Great find guys. Cant believe there are still things to be discovered. Question for you though - does that work with everyone vs everyone?