What's new

Universal change for the down poke system

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
@Moms4lif3

Frost's d4 is very well balanced. It's absolutely horrible on block and whiff, doesn't push back at all and it's cancel window is late as fuck.

-9 with enough pushback you can't reach with anything? Just make it less negative without pushback and it's not stupid
Yes, I was not suggesting frost’s d4 is unbalanced at all. It was an example of a move that has similar frames, similar purpose and is still balanced.

The cancel window might need some adjustment, d4 shoulder/slide is a legit mix up, that shouldn’t be the case.

D4s should not be punishable I think. When he is -9 and spaced correctly he is still negative enough for the opponent to move in and take the turn.

My original point was, since you put the two together in the same sentence: Sub’s d4 is good, for sure, but you can do something about it. Scorpions is plain dumb, why the fuck is he only -4 after a far reaching low poke that gives you good advantage?

Wigy

There it is...
What about more pushback on block with D1? Enough so that someone could only land 2 D1's in a row on block before they're pushed out of range?
The mash meta isnt back to back pokes aside from geras it that you can just mash a poke back after getting hit a lot of the time.

You can just adjust the frame data so there's less dumb frames on them. Get rid or make the pushback less. It's just as bad

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
It's not your execution, I doubt anybody has such a good execution (and internet connection) to do it consistently online. Jailing D1 into S2 is a 1 frame link, so it is practically impossible online and the risk of trying such a tight jail is too high. I almost never follow a successful d1 with S1 or S2. If I'm sure that the D1 will connect I go for Kano Ball or, same as you, walk backwards+B3 or B2 (more risky).
Thanks man, makes me feel better haha