What's new

Universal change for the down poke system

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Since we are usually discussing changes for an upcoming patch, ive been thinking about the complaints and have come to realize that people are actually correct. Even though there is a legit way to counter lets say d1 "spam", the very nature of it is nonsense. Heres my thoughts:

-On block: The game currently allows 3 down pokes in succession on block. Make the push back allow only 2 so it becomes a real consequence to poke after each other if somebody out spaces you, no more spam.

- D1: this takes the least resources and should give us the least reward. I think that this move is actually what should push people back like d4's usually do and then there will be no spam and it will just even out the neutral game. On block make them -5 (Period).

-D3: this should grant 100% jailing of high attack on the same on block (meaning the defender can get a high attack off if spaced correctly). Simple and plain it takes the medium risk to though out (once again i know different characters have different frames just bare with me).

-D4: Again its simple, this takes the most risk which should grant the most reward. Grant us 100% jailing of highs and mids (on block too, if you get my drift) with no pushback on hit.

-D2: This has always been super negative and i dont get why this game makes super negative stuff with crazy pushback? Give theses moves a vacuum for easy punishing.

What do you guys think about this?

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Making pokes more negative when things like Liu Kang f4/43 and Jacqui’s meterless cancel stagger pressure exist? No thanks. No push back on d4? As a Shao Kahn main, again no thanks.
Why cant d1 be the pushback button? i dont get it

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
I think D1's must be more negative on block (between -5 ,-6), and, in some cases, more positive on hit, but its current pushback is ok.
Ah, of course nobody should have a 6 frame d1 with only -4 on block. I'm looking at you Geras.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
My take on it would be:
1: every move on hit or block stops the game for 3f this includes pokes so we get to feel the stuns. right now there are pokes that have almost no stun and they feel like plus because of it.
  1. every poke on counter hit adds 3 more plus frames on hit
  2. all d1s are -5 at least, no less

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
@MagicMan357 I think the issue is more about hurtboxes/hitboxes and some characters having a fucking 6 frame d+1 which shoudn't exist. If they normalize a lot of these options it wouldn't be so bad

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
D1's need some pushback. Not a bunch, but i think it's dumb you can d1 3 times and still be it throw range.

Alternatively we could also increase the blockstun on them so it's easier to take advantage of the current negative frames.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I like that some characters have their low pokes as an actual attribute, so I dont want them homogenized. Maybe 7 frame D3s being -2 is way too much tho, but the benefits of landing them should be character to character.

Jump kicks are already minus if they're shallow, get better at challenging them. It's not like SF where they're always plus at any height

Throwing down pokes is an integral part of some characters throw games. Delaying throws to beat D2s is big brain shit that I love and pimp out. You could flash duck them, you could just not mash them out

If D1 is 6 on certain character, just make it 6/-6. No need for more changes.
No need to play completely different game, after patch, when the game is out just for 2 months.