What's new

Unavoidable throws (must wake up to get out)

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
Discovered some unavoidable throws - or unavoidable meaning they have to wakeup to get out.

Normals that give this are:
d3
d2 - mid - can tech roll out
f23 dash (i think this has to be almost frame perfect) - mid then low hitting string
Jd3 (more time frame to get the throw) - overhead
12 (you can combo but this resets the damage) - high mid (can tech roll)
b12 (delay the throw a bit because of knockdown - low mid (can tech roll)
b2 u1 - overhead low (can tech roll but lobo will still throw, its actually easier if they tech roll)

Specials:
Low pump shot - 5%
Hook Charge - 9%
Hook Charge MB - 15%
Space Hook MB (not the one that throw behind lobo) - 18%

hope this helps...

Karnage

this sucks for me, i main shazam and shazam doesnt have as many options as lobo and this is what i found in just 30minutes!!!

PLUS!! lobos command throw hits on both low and high so the 50/50 guess is out on normal strings...all lobo needs now is some nice combos to end in one of the above and follow up with a grab MB...that is until they realise they need to wakeup to get out then punish time..

and no probs guys

Mestizo3

Noob
Quick question, can lobo's command grab be canceled into out of his strings, and are there strings where the command grab will hit while they're in block stun? For example, Grundy's 1,1,2, trait grab cancel will grab them if they block the 1,1,2.

isnt this wgar every character have? Joker 323 does hard knocdown where he can meaty throw to where only teching throw or wake up can counter.

Karnage

i dont think so mestizo, you mean like shazams f22, then grab? i did have a quick try but none of them seemed to have enough hit stun

Karnage

isnt this wgar every character have? Joker 323 does hard knocdown where he can meaty throw to where only teching throw or wake up can counter.
not really, similiar i guess but they cant counter this unless they wakeup only, plus if you meter burn it your looking at more damage than your average throw

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Quick question, can lobo's command grab be canceled into out of his strings, and are there strings where the command grab will hit while they're in block stun? For example, Grundy's 1,1,2, trait grab cancel will grab them if they block the 1,1,2.
Yeah.
1,2 grab or B2U1 grab

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
1.2 is a garbage sting on block though. I've had numerous times where an enemy blocks 1 and then 2 whiffs. Only connects for me if I'm right up in their face, there is also the unfortunate fact that 1 is a high. I prefer 21.
my problem with 2, 1 (which is obviously awesome for command grab purposes) is that nobody online knows how to defend. They all just keep pressing forward and get hit by the overhead therefore nullifying the free command grab.

Mestizo3

Noob
my problem with 2, 1 (which is obviously awesome for command grab purposes) is that nobody online knows how to defend. They all just keep pressing forward and get hit by the overhead therefore nullifying the free command grab.
Yea this is why I'm trying to do his low pump shot after the 2,1 then time the meaty command grab after it, which is unavoidable according to this thread unless they wake up special move

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Yea this is why I'm trying to do his low pump shot after the 2,1 then time the meaty command grab after it, which is unavoidable according to this thread unless they wake up special move
Thats smart actually. Its unavoidable unless they wake up attack and I'll explain why since nobody seems to know why or explain it.

During everyones wake up animation there is a 1 or 2 frame window where the opponent is technically standing. You can test this with anyone that has an overhead command grab or a command grab in general and set the dummy to crouch. Because of this untechable knock downs (they cant roll) become very important.

Mestizo3

Noob
Thats smart actually. Its unavoidable unless they wake up attack and I'll explain why since nobody seems to know why or explain it.

During everyones wake up animation there is a 1 or 2 frame window where the opponent is technically standing. You can test this with anyone that has an overhead command grab or a command grab in general and set the dummy to crouch. Because of this untechable knock downs (they cant roll) become very important.
Does this mean for those 1 or 2 frames they technically can't block low as well? Because I always seem to hit my forward 1,3, trait grab combo with grundy, after I set it up the timing right after his meterburned corpse walk. I always thought people never blocked low because they were just online and bad, but I swear I don't remember the last time someone blocked it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
care to explain? I mean, I know Killer Frost/Bane/Grundy/Shazam have this as well as Lobo, but there are more characters that can do similar shit?
All characters, sweep = free throw

Nightwing, db3 = free throw

Frost blocked 111~4 = free throw

etc etc etc

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Does this mean for those 1 or 2 frames they technically can't block low as well? Because I always seem to hit my forward 1,3, trait grab combo with grundy, after I set it up the timing right after his meterburned corpse walk. I always thought people never blocked low because they were just online and bad, but I swear I don't remember the last time someone blocked it.
I'm unsure, off the top of my head but I think the answer is yes you win in both scenarios. Best way to test it is with a character that has overhead/low command grabs like shazam. Set dummy to crouch, d3 then get used to the timing with his overhead command grab on wake up. Once you have the timing down replace that command grab with the low option and see if the wake up frames where they're technically standing get beat by a low command grab.