What's new

Unavoidable throws (must wake up to get out)

CamRac

Noob
I'm unsure, off the top of my head but I think the answer is yes you win in both scenarios. Best way to test it is with a character that has overhead/low command grabs like shazam. Set dummy to crouch, d3 then get used to the timing with his overhead command grab on wake up. Once you have the timing down replace that command grab with the low option and see if the wake up frames where they're technically standing get beat by a low command grab.
That'd be pretty insane, as that would mean he gets two free combos once he gets in (as long as he has meter). End the first combo with an untechable knockdown (HM, AC Mb, or d3), and then do HM mb -> b3 -> j3 etc. etc. while the opponent is standing up. Voila!

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
yes but konqrr most characters dont get 30-40% combos from a throw unlike lobo.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
yes but konqrr most characters dont get 30-40% combos from a throw unlike lobo.
All command throw characters have "hard-to-escape" free grabs with their respective command grabs. Shazam, Lobo, Bane, and Frost all have them... I am sure that Cyborg does too. Even Grundy has some bullshit with his Trait grab but we won't go there ^_^

The only way to escape them is to use a wakeup attack or in some situations a backdash will get you out.

Swoops

Noob
Sweep
DB+3/~MB
DB+2~MB
BF+3/~MB
jd.3 vs grounded opponent
B.1,2, 1+3
12, 1+3
Trait df+1-b
F.2,3 (both versions)

A trick that I use to make the grab meaty every time is to use the CZ grab shortcut input. If you're using a stick. The shortcut for CZ grab is df, d, db, d, df 2

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
All characters, sweep = free throw

Nightwing, db3 = free throw

Frost blocked 111~4 = free throw

etc etc etc
I haven't heard free throw in a fighting game since MKA...hmm.

SHOUTOUTS TO 3D MK?!?!?! /trolololol

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
i dont think so mestizo, you mean like shazams f22, then grab? i did have a quick try but none of them seemed to have enough hit stun
I think I might be late to the party but 2,1 xx command throw hits on blocking oppointants and so does b2, u1... But unlike shazam 2,2 command grab setup if the string hits the command wont hit using the 2,1 string...:(

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
All command throw characters have "hard-to-escape" free grabs with their respective command grabs. Shazam, Lobo, Bane, and Frost all have them... I am sure that Cyborg does too. Even Grundy has some bullshit with his Trait grab but we won't go there ^_^

The only way to escape them is to use a wakeup attack or in some situations a backdash will get you out.
Cyborg, shazam, and frost command grab is duckable though

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
no havent had one throw break when set up like that or been able to break after a sweep
i tried it while recording my self in training mode so unless a training mode bug occurred then i was able to tech it after a sweep into throw.