UMK9 VS MK10

• Ultimate Mortal Kombat

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Mortal Kombat 10

Votes: 25 42.4%

• Total voters

Raiman

Noob
this may be a dumb question, but does NRS decide when to make a new game or does WB? i'd say NRS would want to keep this game going as long as possible, but WB would want that cash flow to come as soon as possible

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
My UMK10 wishlist:

-Breakers now require a Test Your Might minigame to successfully break
-Kitana's D1 requires 3 bars of meter
-Mileena's D4 requires 4 bars of meter
-Quicktime events
-Sub-Zero's ground freeze is now an overhead
-Main "Press Start" screen now only takes 2 minutes to progress through
-Random hams fall from the sky that restore health (a "munch munch" sound is played when walking over a ham)
-Johnny Cage's X-ray is him signing his autograph on an X-ray of his opponent
-Nuketown
-5 killstreaks grant a carepackage containing a random character's X-ray
-A whiffed ground stomp by Sheeva launches herself for the duration of the round
-Kung Lao's spin can move faster by spinning the Sixaxis controller
-Kung Lao's spin hits low
-Kung Lao's EX-teleport builds 1 bar of meter
-All characters have Kung Lao as an alternate outfit
This is a glorious post.

Going back to MKDA would be the best solution now that the "fan tribute game" is out of the way.

@THTB - Deception and Armageddon were closer. Although, MKA was more balanced then MKD due to Air Cancels for 90% of the cast (rest had PC/Free Throw combos which equated to same damage as ACs). MKDA stands alone of the 3. Plus we all used CRTs back then, so yea.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Going back to MKDA would be the best solution now that the "fan tribute game" is out of the way.

@THTB - Deception and Armageddon were closer. Although, MKA was more balanced then MKD due to Air Cancels for 90% of the cast (rest had PC/Free Throw combos which equated to same damage as ACs). MKDA stands alone of the 3. Plus we all used CRTs back then, so yea.
Have any of you ever emptied the Deadly Alliance Krypt?

I just didnt have the patience for the Onyx and Platinum (wtf Silver, I've got a cold -_-). Test Your Might was insipid, you only got 3 chances in a ladder, and if 2 of them were TYM and you couldnt hit it fast enough, youre beat.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
My UMK10 wishlist:

-Quicktime events
-Random hams fall from the sky that restore health (a "munch munch" sound is played when walking over a ham)
-Nuketown
-A whiffed ground stomp by Sheeva launches herself for the duration of the round
LoL

Anyway, I didn't even play MK3 ever, I got to UMK3 and I was thinking "What was the purpose of MK3" lol. UMK9 FTW!

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
My UMK10 wishlist:

-Quicktime events
-Nuketown
this is so much win. This post is godlike.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
this may be a dumb question, but does NRS decide when to make a new game or does WB? i'd say NRS would want to keep this game going as long as possible, but WB would want that cash flow to come as soon as possible
Currently WB has been very good to there developers, rocksteady, NRS, 5th cell, turbine, and all the others. They have pretty much let them have free reign over there stuff, as long as it sells anyway. The only negative is there forcing online passes and preorder stuff on them.

i think, name of the game is very minor thing.

i wish that the new mk should contain:
- the same engine and game system as mk9
- new plot
- few new chars (Reiko, Frost, Sareena)
- adventure mode (vide mksm)

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
I fail to see the point of a UMK9. I could understand why they had to re-release MK3 into UMK3 considering there was no way of fixing the game but now that there are online capabilities of patching, fixing, and DLC, I think this game is almost finished. This game revolves itself around the storyline and re-releasing it would just be a cluster fuck in my opinion. MK9 with new characters and new plot? So you have to delete the "Dead" characters plot wise? Then it's no longer MK9 anymore, guys.

I don't want it to be like SF4 coming out with two sequels of itself. I really really don't want netherealm studios to go that direction ever.

Altaire

Noob
I fail to see the point of a UMK9. I could understand why they had to re-release MK3 into UMK3 considering there was no way of fixing the game but now that there are online capabilities of patching, fixing, and DLC, I think this game is almost finished. This game revolves itself around the storyline and re-releasing it would just be a cluster fuck in my opinion. MK9 with new characters and new plot? So you have to delete the "Dead" characters plot wise? Then it's no longer MK9 anymore, guys.

I don't want it to be like SF4 coming out with two sequels of itself. I really really don't want netherealm studios to go that direction ever.
...Why the hell would UMK9 have to remove the "dead" characters from the roster, or even change the story at all?

aj1701

Noob
...Why the hell would UMK9 have to remove the "dead" characters from the roster, or even change the story at all?
Probably as a way to explain why the new characters just appeared... unless they're just thrown in for the sake of having new characters. I hope they wouldn't do that, as it'd start feeling like they're going back to their old ways of adding characters to increase the roster.

JacopeX

Im speaking in aspect of the plot if they had to change it and they would have to if they are going to add new characters that follow the plot in MK4-onwards.

Also, I find a flaw in the title of this thread. Why assume they will call this re-release Ultimate (Insert title here)? Didn't they do the same for MK4 but instead of calling it UMK4 they called it MK4 Gold with new characters and fixes just like UMK3? So assuming this were to happen, I doubt netherealm studios would go that unoriginal direction. I usually see a pattern in their games and they rarely ever bring certain exclusive modes more than once anyways (Example: MK Chess for for MKD). But whenever they do, I guess it stays through high demand. (Example: Bringing back 2 player mode from MK Trilogy to MK9 or bringing back test your might/sight to MKDA. ETC)

That is why I like MK games.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
My vote goes to UMK9.

You guys already wanting MK10? C'mon, now. NRS worked their ass off to make MK9 the game of our dreams...and given all these patches they're implementing, it shows they're serious about their work being successful. MK9 is still quite fresh.

What I would like to see is something other members have already expressed...namely, an even better version of MK9. There will be time to think about MK10 later. This time is not it. We need to keep messing around with this game so that we can try to garner knowledge and opinions on what NRS has done very well with and what they need to improve on gameplay-wise.

Besides, I don't wanna see MK9 die so quickly. That would suck.

aj1701

Noob
Besides, I don't wanna see MK9 die so quickly. That would suck.
I voted MK10 for the same reason. I don't think those that want MK10 want it anytime soon. In fact, that's why I don't want UMK9. It would be mostly the same with maybe some new characters stages. Not something I'm trilled to pay $60 more for while throwing away the $80 I've spent on the game + DLC. Plus it takes away effort better spent on making MK10 that much more badass.

JacopeX

MK10 should come out whenever we are ready. I'm not going to wait all those several years for another MK9.

We never said we wanted MK10 now. -_-

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
My UMK10 wishlist:

-Quicktime events
-Nuketown
I do say Mr your logic defy's all known laws but i am strangely drawn to completely agree with you on all points Give this man a Ham Sandwich He deserves A reward

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Should be called MK10, or something else other than UMK9. Since the recent MK isn't officially called MK9, UMK9 would just be called UMK. Which UMK is already referred to as UMK3. Unless they add a run button and get rid of the dash, it doesn't deserve to be called UMK.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Leave MK9 alone for an year or two. People are still learning it. The next game should be continuation of this one + serious consideration of what failed and what succeeded in MK9.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
I don't really care about the next title's name. Whatever they do, I'm sure NRS is listening to their fans while keeping their own interests alive.

Just a few things I believe would be cool:

- When you're not playing and the game shows those odd newbie matches, they could replay instead the most hype moments from MK tourneys and such.

- Shinnok :)