What's new

UMK3's Untouchables!!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Anyone who jabs better. Broken games can't be taken serious.
It really is amusing to see the how much ignorance surrounds this game. Despite the ignorance and misinformation, if you can name one popular tournament game that isn't broken on some level I'll give you a fat fucking cookie.

Anyway, some players used to be untouchable for me way back. Like I couldn't ever beat CRAZY DOMINICAN, couldn't even get a round on him. Now though, I don't think anyone is untouchable, at least for me.

The only person I wouldn't want to play offline in a ft10 is NoDoubt, but that's because I hate Kitana.

It really is amusing to see the how much ignorance surrounds this game. Despite the ignorance and misinformation, if you can name one popular tournament game that isn't broken on some level I'll give you a fat fucking cookie.

Anyway, some players used to be untouchable for me way back. Like I couldn't ever beat CRAZY DOMINICAN, couldn't even get a round on him. Now though, I don't think anyone is untouchable, at least for me.

The only person I wouldn't want to play offline in a ft10 is NoDoubt, but that's because I hate Kitana.
Really, how deep is this game? All I see when this game is streamed is run+jablock+run+jablock+run+jablcok. I understand you are defendig the game you love, but this game is a joke competitively. It's a nice game to play casually and have some fun, but I can't see this game as serious as you guys try to make it look.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Really, how deep is this game? All I see when this game is streamed is run+jablock+run+jablock+run+jablcok. I understand you are defendig the game you love, but this game is a joke competitively. It's a nice game to play casually and have some fun, but I can't see this game as serious as you guys try to make it look.
You proved exactly my point. You don't play the game, you're basing your judgement on what you've seen via stream. Which is fine, it's the only thing you personally can go on. The problem is you're making these claims that the game is broken, is a joke competitively, a casual game, and shouldn't be taken serious. All with no first hand experience, just by watching a few matches on stream. This isn't surprising though, a lot of people just like you make the same statements you're making. And it's easy to infer these people, just like you, don't play the game. It's something that for some reason is common in the FGC these days. Instead of a connectivity and a sense of unity, everyone feels this need to trash other games in the FGC that they don't play to either make theirs look better, make themselves feel better, or make their community look better. I honestly don't see what this desire is to needlessly trash games you obviously have never played competitively, and show the world your ignorance. Even if you have played a game and you think it's gutter trash, what is the point in disrespecting the community and players who play that game?

You proved exactly my point. You don't play the game, you're basing your judgement on what you've seen via stream. Which is fine, it's the only thing you personally can go on. The problem is you're making these claims that the game is broken, is a joke competitively, a casual game, and shouldn't be taken serious. All with no first hand experience, just by watching a few matches on stream. This isn't surprising though, a lot of people just like you make the same statements you're making. And it's easy to infer these people, just like you, don't play the game. It's something that for some reason is common in the FGC these days. Instead of a connectivity and a sense of unity, everyone feels this need to trash other games to either make theirs look better, or to make themselves feel batter. I honestly don't see what this desire is to needlessly trash games you obviously have never played competitively, and show the world your ignorance. Even if you have played a game and you think it's gutter trash, what is the point in disrespecting the community and players who play that game?
I used to play this on Megadrive when I was a kid, obviously just for fun. I just want to understand what makes this game ''tournament/competitively viable''. I don't play it nowadays, but I can see the flaws in it,I'm not saying it is trash. It's only trash if you consider it as a competitive game. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I just want some light. What makes this game more legit than naruto and dbz games? Remember, as a COMPETITIVE game, not as a fun game. The fun part depends on the people's taste, the competitive part depends on the game's mechanics. From my perspective, the scene on this game exist solely because of nostalgia.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I used to play this on Megadrive when I was a kid, obviously just for fun. I just want to understand what makes this game ''tournament/competitively viable''. I don't play it nowadays, but I can see the flaws in it,I'm not saying it is trash. It's only trash if you consider it as a competitive game. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I just want some light. What makes this game more legit than naruto and dbz games? Remember, as a COMPETITIVE game, not as a fun game. The fun part depends on the people's taste, the competitive part depends on the game's mechanics. From my perspective, the scene on this game exist solely because of nostalgia.
No, you don't really want to know. If you really wanted to know the high level aspects of the game, you wouldn't talk shit about it to obtain that knowledge. I'm not trying to get anyone into UMK3 anymore. I've been there, done that. The game isn't popular anymore and I accept that. But when people start making ignorant statements, that's when I feel the need to comment. I could easily educate you, and tell you why UMK3 is a top 5 competitive game, but you wouldn't care what I had to say. You've so clearly already made up your mind about the game without even playing it competitively or even recently. Also to contribute to get this thread back on topic, I will just let you continue to be ignorant. However, do not post in this thread again. You do not play the game, so you never should have even commented in the first place. Have a good day.

Nobody is untouchable in this game IMO
Come on Grinder FT10 Live...u gotta follow me on this one ha

Anyone who jabs better. Broken games can't be taken serious.
I understand your opinion, however I have played plenty of Top players who can RJ-KJ-GJ really well and are good enough to beat those who abuse the 3 without them but its not easy. Mind games,high damage combo execution and patience are a MUST!

But back on track I believe Chorizo would do well vs the top USA players in a FT10.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Idk who's untouchable but to my knowledge, the top players would probably be (in no particular order):

Ded
Mkk Hanzo
Shock
Marvinrasta
NinjaGrinder
NoDoubtArion
Ac1984 (in his prime)
Juggernaut
REO
Crazy Dominican (in his prime)
DC HUSTLE
Lex
Miss Spin
ShaneyMcGrady
Konqrr (in his prime)
Rinn (Belgium)
Rzp

Idk who's untouchable but to my knowledge, the top players would probably be (in no particular order):

Ded
Mkk Hanzo
Shock
Marvinrasta
NinjaGrinder
NoDoubtArion
Ac1984 (in his prime)
Juggernaut
REO
DC HUSTLE
Lex
Miss Spin
ShaneyMcGrady
Konqrr (in his prime)
Rinn (Belgium)
Rzp

we all know everyone loses in online/casual/tourny but in your opinion if they all played in a FT10 Round Robin series who would be UNTOUCHABLE?

In FT10 series over the years in multiple games you can clearly see dominates who, when you actually thought the two were even at some point. Im sure we've all seen someones main dld at some point and theyre mindfucked! its just that 2/3 and 3/5 is too short of a set.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
NO ONE is untouchable on this game. All of us can bleed, so all of us can loose.

Sure? I dont think so.

That vid is useless man.....That was before people knew how to fight GJ back then.....these days, i think REO would beat IGB 10-0....as would alot of players. So many people have picked up GJ now IGB is just a thing of the past when compared to much more skilled players who utilize them now in addition to outstanding basics and gameplay.

Then again, i don't there's much courageous or bad-ass about punch-blocking. IMO it is only for the weak to appear good and is nothing more than a dirty trick that creates an optical illusion to the viewer.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing

Ded
Mkk Hanzo
Shock
Marvinrasta
NinjaGrinder
NoDoubtArion
Ac1984 (in his prime)
Juggernaut
REO
DC HUSTLE
Lex
Miss Spin
ShaneyMcGrady
Konqrr (in his prime)
Rinn (Belgium)
Rzp
Damn, you almost forgot my name in there lol. I've never lost to any of these guys in a first to 10, you might as well call me an UNTOUCHABLE at this game

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

This games is so F*cking old that in Angola we still run+jablock+run+jablock+run+jablcok.

The Hype we get on footsie each other jablocks, so competitive, so intense, so awesome, i love UMK3/MKT

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
There's some people that used to crush me or we'd go back and forth. I played those people recently (within the past year) and destroyed them. Now instead of the "GGs" I used to get from them, I get hate mail, rage quits and people avoid me. I guess they didn't expect me to improve??

That vid is useless man.....That was before people knew how to fight GJ back then.....these days, i think REO would beat IGB 10-0....as would alot of players. So many people have picked up GJ now IGB is just a thing of the past when compared to much more skilled players who utilize them now in addition to outstanding basics and gameplay.
That was before REO really was adept and had knowledge of the GJ's. But Bass is still good, he has GJ's and Kabal.

Then again, i don't there's much courageous or bad-ass about punch-blocking. IMO it is only for the weak to appear good and is nothing more than a dirty trick that creates an optical illusion to the viewer.
It doesn't have to be courageous or bad ass, as long as it wins and isn't banned it's fair game. Play to win.

MKK hanzo

what do you think the score would be if you played everyone on the list live in a ft10? theres no right or wrong answer
I have played most of them online and of course that is a BAD measure system XD But Ded would win to everyone on that list. I dont like to "pump" myself up but I think I could put a match to everyone on that list. Remember that you are not taking on account the Chilean UMK3 community, they are BEASTS as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/UMK3CHILE

And of course, the Japanese from MKT haha Dominican Republic.

This is OLD as hell but WATCH as those guys make Gjabs useful as hell and how they punish the Gjab "spammers" XD XD

DAMN 2008 AND THOSE GUYS PLAYED BETTER THAN EVERYONE IN PRESENT DAYS!

This games is so F*cking old that in Angola we still run+jablock+run+jablock+run+jablcok.

The Hype we get on footsie each other jablocks, so competitive, so intense, so awesome, i love UMK3/MKT
Bro you should REALLY record some matches of yourselves playin! I did love to see them!

I know the vid is old but if that were true... Why they are all screaming about it? I think that lots of ppl havent learned it yet and call the game broken by that.