What's new

UMK3 speed differences and Input Delay Thread

MKK hanzo

Ok so I took some time off and made a MEGA comparison vid of UMk3 across different formats.

Using a 720p 60fps camera, I started launching 100 Hks with kitana to see the consistence of the input and the delay frames, suing the super slomo and frame counting on a PC.

READ: NO PORTS to inferior consoles, I.E: Snes or genesis involved. Only UMk3 original arcade, UMk3 XBLA2006, MKAK UMK3, and as a bonus,Mame 0.72 and Retroarch mame 2003 on 360.

EVERYTHING ON THE SAME CRT TV
EVERY EMU WITH V SYNC OFF
EVERY EMU OR COMPILATION WITH FILTERS OFF
EVERYTHING TESTED WITH THE SAME SANWA BUTTON

I also put poor Kitana to jum for an entire round on all these versions, then put the video side to side to test the speed differences and timings vs the Arcade original.

there are LOTS of surprises!

Enjoy, sub and share!

Links to both videos

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice, what about the DS version? I remember that version being a tad faster than every other port. Though I did have fun with it. Would be sweet if they made UMK3 arcade port for the switch, can you imagine? Nice videos dude!

sam76

Noob
Anyway to increase FPS on PC steam version of MK AK UMK3 , i thought by adding this line in SET LAUNCH OPTION... would help as CS series But no good

ded

Elder God
What a great vid, Hanzo! I always mentioned the old MAME versions are almost as accurate as arcade. Please, do the same for PS3 MKAK and PC MKAK (and MK2/PSN)! PS3 version of Arcade Kollection has such an incredible delay, even offline, that I suck against CPU... :D

Drew, I dont get it. The vid I posted was everything recorded ON XBOX 360, IDK what the od Xbox has to do with that.

BTW all our in house matches are recorded used that MAME 0.72 on 360 because of the perfect response.
The video I showed was of the 360 .

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Hahaha I saw the “Kabal sucks” at the end!!

Great test and video Hanzo. It would be interesting to see tests with converters, controllers, etc for all of them as well.

MKK hanzo

Hahaha I saw the “Kabal sucks” at the end!!

Great test and video Hanzo. It would be interesting to see tests with converters, controllers, etc for all of them as well.
Haha the Kabal sucks was a joke on you my friend, no offense intended.