What's new

TYM Kommunity Project: An Open Letter to NRS Concerning Netplay

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Usually, I rarely have problems but today it seems that I either get stuck at reading stats load signal, or I get a game and am forced to close the game when it says ending game which leads to my ps4 freezing for a minute.

Superi0rMagik

You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent
Mortal Kombat netcode and game is a lot like the IPhone. It's the same Shitty phone every year with a few new features and people still buy it. As long as they keep making money they could care less about what we think because everyone is still gonna buy it. If a new Mk came out tomorrow with a worse netcode everyone on tym would get it. They dont care about us they only care about them dead presidents. Btw props to Ki their netcode makes me smile.

armani

Noob
long story short,
this is the third game NRS has made since the MK9 reboot. with the poor handling of the PC version, the knee-jerk nerf & buffs every week, and the shitty ass netcode you would think that they would've learned how to ensure that this game was polished. plus, it's 2015! Tekken 6 & Soul Calibur IV have slightly better or on par connections compared to MKX. online shouldn't be a problem, especially now.
if it takes an EVO chant then chant.
we all saw how much money MKX made.
we all see how much money MKX will continue to make.
FIX THE FUCKING NETCODE

With tekken 7, Street fighter 5 and Killer Instinct (for Pc ) on the way NRS HAVE to do something if they want to keep their Fanbase other than the casuals who play for 2 weeks and then never touch the game again, But those are the ones who bring in the $$$

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
The first step is admitting you have a problem. Having the words come out of his mouth "it could be better" would flatten us, and we'd put the pitchforks down. Also, if the Booninator hasn't sat down and played MKX from his house and experienced it, maybe that's a good second hit for our plight. I've never liked the idea of bothering Ed, he seems technologically disconnected. Idea man, creator, innovator of content, direction of design, he has a chain of command that blows smoke up his ass about the network aspect of the game. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Edit: i wonder of they blow human smoke or cyborg smoke up his ass?

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Joe isn't going to be at EVO, and he has no reason to arrange a spontaneous interview with NRS. Maximilian Dood seems like a better option for this particular approach.
Unless you guys are only reaching to prevent future shitty games? If so, then Joe interviewing Ed about Injustice: Reign of Gods and forcing an honest answer would be a great way to at least receive a response. Unless Ed Boon just fucking lies... again.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Joe isn't going to be at EVO, and he has no reason to arrange a spontaneous interview with NRS. Maximilian Dood seems like a better option for this particular approach.
Unless you guys are only reaching to prevent future shitty games? If so, then Joe interviewing Ed about Injustice: Reign of Gods and forcing an honest answer would be a great way to at least receive a response. Unless Ed Boon just fucking lies... again.
Boon will just lie or just evade the question. He got practice in that. We all remember MK X and PC port question by Joe and response by Boon:

Yeah ...it's "awesome".

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
the better analogy is both kids have bought and paid for their ice cream and both kids have rat shit on their yummy cones, as the restaurant owner do you not rectify both of their situations no matter the attitude? ;)
Sure they will...

They'll rectify the rat shit, but the first kid is gonna have some extra flavor added to his for being an asshat.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
With tekken 7, Street fighter 5 and Killer Instinct (for Pc ) on the way NRS HAVE to do something if they want to keep their Fanbase other than the casuals who play for 2 weeks and then never touch the game again, But those are the ones who bring in the $$$
They have wisely chosen the release schedule of MKX, and all it's DLC so that there is no competition. I am not even a Street Fighter player, but with a functioning netcode [look at that knee] compared to a piece of software that is actually broken, myself and many other online MK players would discontinue support of MK once actually getting a taste of a quality online experience.

They've known the possible release dates window of any competition for quite some time, and gorilla marketed MKX at the most optimum time. If their netcode was 10% as good as their marketing team, we would have an online experience equivalent to KI or TTT2.

As soon as the next Fighting game that could give them a run for their money comes out, or long before... they will gracefully bow out, and plan their next INJ 2 attack in the same manor. This was all meticulously calculated and perfectly executed.

Maximillion has been purchased by NetherRealm Studios.

Max on his stream every time he streams: "OMG This netcode is godawful"

Ed Boon with bag of money: "Maximillion, You will serve me in the netherrealm"

Max on CEO stream: "I'm really impressed with the MKX netcode, and NRS just continues to improve it"

Yes, he fucking literally said that on a stream with thousands watching. And this is after singing a completely different song on his own stream multiple times. There are several of these little paid puppets lurking, and I won't be surprised if we hear something similar at Evo.

Last edited:

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Being better or worse with MK9 is debatable. It lagged like hell but it was always the same lag. I could consistently land all my BnBs but a lot of punishes just weren't happening. This game, I just can't do shit online.
Certain people I played in mk9 it felt almost offline right down to easily connecting jab aa into full combo. This game even with solid connections I still notice the delay plus it seems even more prone to spikes. It's definitely debatable though bc a bad connection in mk9 would be the worst thing I've ever played in... though admittedly not much worse than bad connections in this game. I just hate that the netcode is like this. Half of the time I see complaints about this game I wonder if they're playing online and it's making things seem better or worse than they really are.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Personally I think the netcode is the same as MK9, i.e. shit. It's just made to feel worse due to it being in general, a bit faster. Run up throw ftw.

There is lag in the menus without even going online though which seems concerning enough, along with dropped inputs.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
I am not even a Street Fighter player, but with a functioning netcode [look at that knee] compared to a piece of software that is actually broken, myself and many other online MK players would discontinue support of MK once actually getting a taste of a quality online experience.
You should try SF.

At least balance and online aren't just "words" to add behind the game case as a marketing tool.

I'd love MKX to step up, and MK franchise become the standard for a change.

Always like 3 steps behind, for like, years now.

And it's only because we don't throw tomatoes at those liars in the first place ... and get hype for a ... Kombat Pack 2 :(

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
MK X has stepped it up in a few places so it's a little unfair to say that. They included frame data where many others haven't, a great training mode, at least compared to previous NRS games, a top tier story mode, well compared to other games in the genre which wasn't that hard to be honest. Many nice little touches like quitalities, brutalities, amazing stages, blanche etc. It's only really the online issues that let them down, which for me at least, was what was so frustrating. They knew it was an issue but didn't bother to address it.

I simply cannot fathom why they spent additional time on useless features like faction grinding or test your luck, when they missed out the part that everyone was waiting to see. It seems such a shame, and whilst I was initially pretty pissed about it, I'm just kind of gutted now. It was such a missed opportunity.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
MK X has stepped it up in a few places so it's a little unfair to say that. They included frame data where many others haven't, a great training mode, at least compared to previous NRS games, a top tier story mode, well compared to other games in the genre which wasn't that hard to be honest. Many nice little touches like quitalities, brutalities, amazing stages, blanche etc. It's only really the online issues that let them down, which for me at least, was what was so frustrating. They knew it was an issue but didn't bother to address it.

I simply cannot fathom why they spent additional time on useless features like faction grinding or test your luck, when they missed out the part that everyone was waiting to see. It seems such a shame, and whilst I was initially pretty pissed about it, I'm just kind of gutted now. It was such a missed opportunity.
I agree with this.

They are flawless when it comes to fanservice : story mode, various solo modes, frame data (with weird things inside though), brutalities, etc

Too bad all of this means shit if you can't actually play the game online at all. Which is why most people bought the game in the first place.

I'd really want other communities to say things like "Come on, NRS did it again, flawless game, why can't we have the same ?"

Instead, we keep on "lagging" behind ...

If only I didn't love MK X that much, would be easier to quit that shit in the first place.

Obi

Ninja
They have wisely chosen the release schedule of MKX, and all it's DLC so that there is no competition. I am not even a Street Fighter player, but with a functioning netcode [look at that knee] compared to a piece of software that is actually broken, myself and many other online MK players would discontinue support of MK once actually getting a taste of a quality online experience.

They've known the possible release dates window of any competition for quite some time, and gorilla marketed MKX at the most optimum time. If their netcode was 10% as good as their marketing team, we would have an online experience equivalent to KI or TTT2.

As soon as the next Fighting game that could give them a run for their money comes out, or long before... they will gracefully bow out, and plan their next INJ 2 attack in the same manor. This was all meticulously calculated and perfectly executed.

Maximillion has been purchased by NetherRealm Studios.

Max on his stream every time he streams: "OMG This netcode is godawful"

Ed Boon with bag of money: "Maximillion, You will serve me in the netherrealm"

Max on CEO stream: "I'm really impressed with the MKX netcode, and NRS just continues to improve it"

Yes, he fucking literally said that on a stream with thousands watching. And this is after singing a completely different song on his own stream multiple times. There are several of these little paid puppets lurking, and I won't be surprised if we hear something similar at Evo.
Is there a clip of this happening somewhere?
That's horrible lmao. I'm laughing over how bad that is.