What's new

TYM Kommunity Project: An Open Letter to NRS Concerning Netplay

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Preeeeeetty much.

Seriously people, I can't stress this enough: Draw that SCV comparison as often as you can. A game with no support or budget and a super rushed development cycle with online so good a shitton of the newcomers for it's tournament scene back when it launched that came in and started stomping people were freaking trained online. I never missed just frames or punishes on that shit, I could even just guard. And that's with my wi-fi connection.

There better be a chant at Evo. This shit's deserving of protest. It just infuriates me that they can get away with this shit because people will still buy a game where 1/2 of it's playability is utter garbage.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Preeeeeetty much.

Seriously people, I can't stress this enough: Draw that SCV comparison as often as you can. A game with no support or budget and a super rushed development cycle with online so good a shitton of the newcomers for it's tournament scene back when it launched that came in and started stomping people were freaking trained online. I never missed just frames or punishes on that shit, I could even just guard. And that's with my wi-fi connection.

There better be a chant at Evo. This shit's deserving of protest. It just infuriates me that they can get away with this shit because people will still buy a game where 1/2 of it's playability is utter garbage.
If there isn't a chant at Evo, then I'm done hoping for change, it's been suggested and talked about more than enough now, if it doesn't happen it's strictly because the community decided not to support it and in many cases fight against it. At this point, if it doesn't go ahead, TYM fuckin deserves this netcode - we supported their decision not to give it to us by holding back the people trying to motivate NRS to fix it just because of the usual "I know better than you and like to argue against everyone not in my popularity circle for the sake of it" posturing. If this was a Pig of the Hut su it wouldn't even be a question. If they don't chant during the DLC promotion, I'll be extremely disappointed in everyone who had the opportunity to but squandered it, and sorely wish I could be there in person myself, but as an Australian it's out of my hands as it stands

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
If there isn't a chant at Evo, then I'm done hoping for change, it's been suggested and talked about more than enough now, if it doesn't happen it's strictly because the community decided not to support it and in many cases fight against it. At this point, if it doesn't go ahead, TYM fuckin deserves this netcode - we supported their decision not to give it to us by holding back the people trying to motivate NRS to fix it just because of the usual "I know better than you and like to argue against everyone not in my popularity circle for the sake of it" posturing. If this was a Pig of the Hut suggestion it wouldn't even be a question. If they don't chant over the DLC promotion, I'll be extremely disappointed in everyone who had the opportunity to but squandered it, and sorely wish I could be there in person myself, but as an Australian it's out of my hands as it stands
It is LITERALLY the only chance this entire community has to possibly fix MKX's netcode or EVER get a playable NRS game online. NRS are reading this and are well aware of this plan.

But...

Maybe...

WB is the main culprit and even NRS want this to happen in order to be given the go ahead and resources to do whatever needs to be done to fix this.

Nothing to lose, and EVERYTHING TO GAIN.

As I type this, RIP is making fun of the "NetKode" with a K he says on the T7 stream. As Namco Bandai's #1 priority has been the games netcode and online functionality, even the arcade version is online in order to perfect the online playability years before release in advance.

"FIX ONLINE! FIX ONLINE!" instead of cheering for the DLC that we're going to be sold anyway. Right after the trailer, all we need are a couple hero's.

More incentive...

https://twitter.com/thisislijoe/status/622514287626424320

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Honestly if I was in MK finals I'd still start this chant. Mr. Wizard isn't gonna shun a whole community because they want their game better. Everyone booed Xbox one yet we don't see anyone saying those people can't come back. There is 0 reason to be scared of repercussions because if anything bad did happens, it would just make you look like a martyr for Earthrealm. WB or NRS stops helping out the tourney scene cause THEIR work is way behind the competition? Not allowed back at the premier fighting game tournament because you want your fighting game to be as good as it should be? Heck even WB would gladly oblige to putting in more resources on netcode. All that needs to happen is for them to have a reason. That reason being consumers stop buying. Really for anyone not able to play with a group offline, story mode is the only reason for playing.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Not saying that someone on a shit wireless connection can't cause other issues. For me, input lag of 8+ frames minimum and up to 30 is what makes me NOT EVEN ABLE to play this game that I've spent over 200 dollars on.

Wireless could cause additional spikes if their wireless is unstable ONLY, like Hands mentioned.

BTW...

Check this out.

https://twitter.com/thisislijoe/status/622514287626424320
Way to go : Capcom and SFV will have my money, that's for sure :)

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
I just purchased a PS4 and MKX ... I was on Xbox One exclusively previous to my purchase.

Does anyone else who has both systems find the lag is considerably worse on Xbox One?

big j gleez

It definitely isn't good on either end. Both are no where near good considering the netcode of KI is amazing. I just have had so many more issues with Xbox One.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I just purchased a PS4 and MKX ... I was on Xbox One exclusively previous to my purchase.

Does anyone else who has both systems find the lag is considerably worse on Xbox One?
At first I did [I've got both]. Had premium on Xbone, heard it was better [less laggy] on PS4. So I bought the regular version on PS4. In my first couple hours the experience was slightly better than on Xbone, so I went ahead and bought Kombat Pack for PS4 as well. Then I later realized that's just fucking mad random on both. Always shit, but sometimes so shitty that I literally just put down the controller mid match and go take a shit because it reminds me that I need to take one.

Equally broken on both, and unexplainably seemingly getting worse with time.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
THIS needs to be FRONT PAGE material :)
Everyone is on their hype and nerf trains now so, it's a lost cause. When the hype is over and the normalizations that are coming regardless are over, we would of missed the only opportunity we ever had to make a change and be stuck with this unnecessarily broken version of the game.

Funny thing is, even though the concept of the idea is almost foolproof. On here... It all depends who says something, and not what's said.

Last edited:

mercureXI

Everyone is on their hype and nerf trains now so, it's a lost cause. When the hype is over and the normalizations that are coming regardless are over, we would of missed the only oportunity we ever had to make a change and be stuck with this unnecessarily broken version of the game.

Funny thing is, even though the concept of the idea is almost foolproof. On here... It all depends who says something, and not what's said.
I guess we can only turn to praying when it comes to online for Injustice 2 ... while Capcom community has a beta test instead.

Maybe people WILL chant in EVO 2019 ? or do something, anything, to actually change that crap ?

Meanwhile : better not get off dat Tremor hype train ! because it's quite ugly down here . . .

big j gleez

At first I did [I've got both]. Had premium on Xbone, heard it was better [less laggy] on PS4. So I bought the regular version on PS4. In my first couple hours the experience was slightly better than on Xbone, so I went ahead and bought Kombat Pack for PS4 as well. Then I later realized that's just fucking mad random on both. Always shit, but sometimes so shitty that I literally just put down the controller mid match and go take a shit because it reminds me that I need to take one.

Equally broken on both, and unexplainably seemingly getting worse with time.
lol yeah I agree. It's like both are usually terrible but PS4 at its best is better than Xbox at its best... but still both can be used to help prevent constipation. lol

guys, i dont see much new points added here, so im gonna finish the letter this week and present it for discussion. also we need to think about a good way to spread it and a point in time to do so.

i am thinking about uploading it on tym facebook and twitter, and encourage everybody and their moms to like, share and retweet. it might also be an option to do this with a petition. could that be an option @STORMS?

i think a good point in time might be maybe a week after tremor, so the game has enough attention but theres not too much else going on. best would be like a week Prior to a kombat kast or sth. i dont think there are huge majors in the next time, are there?

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
guys, i dont see much new points added here, so im gonna finish the letter this week and present it for discussion. also we need to think about a good way to spread it and a point in time to do so.

i am thinking about uploading it on tym facebook and twitter, and encourage everybody and their moms to like, share and retweet. it might also be an option to do this with a petition. could that be an option @STORMS?

i think a good point in time might be maybe a week after tremor, so the game has enough attention but theres not too much else going on. best would be like a week Prior to a kombat kast or sth. i dont think there are huge majors in the next time, are there?
Well if you were to do anything like that, I'd add the "Should there be anger at the netcode" topic, as it's way more in detail as to the problems people experience than any other thread atm.

But... I've sent that thread directly to them my self [along with others] several times, only for it to be ignored.

I have more to say on the matter as well, but I've wasted enough of my time. It is literally a lost cause. "Slaving to fix online"... Oh well.

mercureXI

If they can afford to give tens of thousands in pot bonuses for tournaments they can afford better online service.

No reason why two people with 100mb internet should be lagging
That money is nothing but marketing money. They promote their next DLC at an event where everyone plays their game. And the tournament itself is a big "add" for people from other communities to try and buy MKX too.

Pretty sure a lot of people bought GG Xrd after EVO :)

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
That money is nothing but marketing money. They promote their next DLC at an event where everyone plays their game. And the tournament itself is a big "add" for people from other communities to try and buy MKX too.

Pretty sure a lot of people bought GG Xrd after EVO :)

They'll be in for surprise when they get online and have a shit experience. I play online because it's fun. It's frustrating but fun.

After playing KI and feeling what MKX feels like, it's disappointing.

In over 3,000 matches in KI I had about 25 or so bad games online. MKX is a constant shitstorm.

They can market their game all the want but once the numbers start dropping after a month like they have already; just like Injustice and just like MK9, maybe they will get the hint. Probably not because we are feeding them and giving them our money up front.

I understand their business model but fucking over your customers is shady business.

In healthcare if we fuck over our customers, we get sued.