What's new

TYM Kommunity Project: An Open Letter to NRS Concerning Netplay

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I hear what you're saying Scoot. But, in all fighting games... if the servers go down, you cannot connect to Online, so it has something to do with it. Then, as far as the P2P. If someone sends you an invite or vice versa, who is the host? In ranked, who hosts, it's always random and even with the same host or... inviter [I've tested] the connect is always random. Also... Faction stats and even move stats are being accounted for in every match... a nightmare.
Any server would just be to pair players with rankings and etc. Nothing to do with the actual game connection.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Any server would just be to pair players with rankings and etc. Nothing to do with the actual game connection.
Well... We'll never know exactly what the problem is, but we can all agree that MKX Online is garbage.

NetKode, Servers, whatever... cannot explain how me on wired VS a friend on wired with the same [or different] hosts [tested both] can be playing at the same non peek hour times, and get different latency on different sessions. Even within the same hour, like creating new rooms to see if we can get an improved connection.

And... If servers are not a factor. Then why did Ed Boon [I believe nothing he says so this isn't really relevant] say the cause of the issues was due to more people on than they expected. P2P, that should not matter right.

Bottom line... We will never know what's really causing the input lag [sure it's multiple things]. But... NRS/WB know exactly what it is, and exactly how to fix it, but choose not to for [insert theory here]

Last edited:

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Who knows how the hell the connections function. Boon has continually mentioned 'servers' in the past. I know they're not using GGPO and I'm a bit dubious at this point if they're even using P2P (which WOULD make sense.) They're INCREDIBLY secretive about this too -- probably because its so fucking bad and it's probably an incredibly dated netcode that they found for as cheap as possible. I'm not a programmer but even I know that I wouldn't design this shit by scratch. "Oh. I'm going to look at the GGPO netcode. Who made this? Cool, I can edit the engine to suit this game. Great! This is actually good and works therefore I'm going to use it."

My guess is that NRS/WB purposely avoided going this route because it MAY have entailed paying someone for a GOOD NETCODE which they clearly cannot do in house. It's all about money with these people. Everyone needs to stop thinking of them as developers and more as corporate appeasing shareholding cutting every cent possible incompetent fuckbags because that's what they are.

Who knows how the hell the connections function. Boon has continually mentioned 'servers' in the past. I know they're not using GGPO and I'm a bit dubious at this point if they're even using P2P (which WOULD make sense.) They're INCREDIBLY secretive about this too -- probably because its so fucking bad and it's probably an incredibly dated netcode that they found for as cheap as possible. I'm not a programmer but even I know that I wouldn't design this shit by scratch. "Oh. I'm going to look at the GGPO netcode. Who made this? Cool, I can edit the engine to suit this game. Great! This is actually good and works therefore I'm going to use it."

My guess is that NRS/WB purposely avoided going this route because it MAY have entailed paying someone for a GOOD NETCODE which they clearly cannot do in house. It's all about money with these people. Everyone needs to stop thinking of them as developers and more as corporate appeasing shareholding cutting every cent possible incompetent fuckbags because that's what they are.
i think they avoided rollback because of a possibly choppy picture when it lags. looks > performance

GNG Iniquity

i think they avoided rollback because of a possibly choppy picture when it lags. looks > performance
Who knows. I've just given up hope on actually trusting NRS to do ANYTHING correctly. It's like expecting an Elephant to ice skate without falling into the ice at this point. They make a KILLING off these games. Hire some competent people. What the fuck!

How you can have an EXTREMELY indie game like Skullgirls perform great online and an EXTREMELY profitable AAA game like MKX perform like shit online makes no sense to me. They don't give a fuck. That's the problem. "Thanks for buying our shit and go fuck yourself!" That message especially pertained to MKX on PC. What a heaping pile of shit that is. "Why do it ourselves when we can outsource it to even bigger fuck ups who we can pay less?! YEAH! $$$$$! LOOK WHAT WE DID, SHAREHOLDERS! BUY OUR $TOCK$!!!"

Fuckheads. All of them. Ed Boon doesn't actually have eyebrows; they're skid marks from shoving his head up the CEO of WB's ass.

Last edited:

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
I love mortal kombat to death and have since 1992. However, after mk9, injustice and mkx, I don't know if I want to put myself through another terrible online experience.

I love to put thousands of hours into mk (as mlst of us do) but i don't know if mk11 will be so hype for me....

GNG Iniquity

I love mortal kombat to death and have since 1992. However, after mk9, injustice and mkx, I don't know if I want to put myself through another terrible online experience.

I love to put thousands of hours into mk (as mlst of us do) but i don't know if mk11 will be so hype for me....
Yeah, I watch people play MKX. I'm not buying it until it's finished and abandoned. Learned my lesson with MK9. Their games infuriate me to no end. I like playing them (somewhat) but the aggravation to enjoyment ratio is not in my favor. I'm not signing myself up again to be pissed off over playing a constantly changing (often for the worse) game. I'm not saying Capcom are perfect -- they really fucked up the netcode when implementing SF4 Ultra on PC but at least they acknowledged their massive blunder. NRS just sweeps it under the rug and counts their money.

NRS has no humility nor seems to even remotely care about their actually dedicated customer base. "Look! Jason and Predator are in the game! BUY IT!!!! WE NEED MORE MONEY! Fuck the people that want a good netcode and a viable competitive fighting game! SALES!"

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Who knows. I've just given up hope on actually trusting NRS to do ANYTHING correctly. It's like expecting an Elephant to ice skate without falling into the ice at this point. They make a KILLING off these games. Hire some competent people. What the fuck!

How you can have an EXTREMELY indie game like Skullgirls perform great online and an EXTREMELY profitable AAA game like MKX perform like shit online makes no sense to me. They don't give a fuck. That's the problem. "Thanks for buying our shit and go fuck yourself!" That message especially pertained to MKX on PC. What a heaping pile of shit that is. "Why do it ourselves when we can outsource it to even bigger fuck ups who we can pay less?! YEAH! $$$$$! LOOK WHAT WE DID, SHAREHOLDERS! BUY OUR $TOCK$!!!"

Fuckheads. All of them. Ed Boon doesn't actually have eyebrows; they're skid marks from shoving his head up the CEO of WB's ass.
I love you

It is within this community's greatest interest to complain about something that is universally shun upon... NRS's complete idiocy when it comes to compiling their online communities. I think we understand that this isn't the first game they've made where the online either suffered or simply was horrible that nothing could be done. For example the supposed PING system is just downright trodden with so much errors and mistakes that even a basic C++ programmer could probably fix the issues themselves. And with that being just only one reason I can come up with, I'm pretty sure many of you on here can come up with more than that.

I just would like to impart with you guys a word of advice.. Make sure that when you do sign this, sign it with all honesty and please mean it.

trufenix

bye felicia

MKX runs on an evolved version of the engine they first built for MKvDC. They have yet to go back to the drawing board and redo it from scratch, which is what is necessary for rollback.