What's new

TYM Kommunity Project: An Open Letter to NRS Concerning Netplay

154 after 2 1/2 days. i feel like this is gonna die pretty fast if it doesnt get prominent supporters with good networks.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
@WidowPuppy you seen this shit man??

158 signatures, this is pathetic lol. There is over 400 people online TYM right now alone, and it's midday Australia so not exactly high uptime. This site has thousands and thousands of active members and viewers, this petition is now on Reddit, shared on heaps of Facebook, etc, and we still only got 158 signatures?

Meanwhile, someone makes a thread about the rumoured POSSIBILITY of them trying to get more money off us with DLC, and people so ready with their wallets out, and the thread gets 15,000 views and 400 replies in under 48 hours.

THIS is why you guys don't get a better netcode in 2015 when absolutely everybody else does, you are stuck in the 90's with these arcade game mentality that a working online experience is some amazing technological feat, you literally don't care enough to make a difference and this is where it leaves us. If anyone from NRS has seen this petition this has INCREASED the chances of them not changing shit - TYM just proved it doesn't really give a fuck about it, and certainly is never going to even consider DOING anything about it.

Last edited:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese

158 signatures, this is pathetic lol. There is over 400 people online TYM right now alone, and it's midday Australia so not exactly high uptime. This site has thousands and thousands of active members and viewers, this petition is now on Reddit, shared on heaps of Facebook, etc, and we still only got 158 signatures?

Meanwhile, someone makes a thread about the rumoured POSSIBILITY of them trying to get more money off us with DLC, and people so ready with their wallets out, and the thread gets 15,000 views and 400 replies in under 48 hours.

THIS is why you guys don't get a better netcode in 2015 when absolutely everybody else does, you are stuck in the 90's with these arcade game mentality that a working online experience is some amazing technological feat, you literally don't care enough to make a difference and this is where it leaves us. If anyone from NRS has seen this petition this has INCREASED the chances of them not changing shit - TYM just proved it doesn't really give a fuck about it, and certainly is never going to even consider DOING anything about it.
I'm a firm believer in my previous concept of public disapproval being the only way anything will ever change with WB's current strategy. They've actually proved it a number of times. But... the petition can't hurt anything and yes, more people should sign that shit. It only takes one minute, literally.

Does not surprise me though as you stated, lol. It's kind of sad but like you said, this is one of the main reasons why WB feel they can get away with this. There is no reason for them to respond to, or correct something that is currently not being mentioned on anywhere near a level of let's say... KP2.

As a matter of fact... The whole "we improved the netcode" patch three days or a week or whenever after release, was a blatant lie to all of you and the rest of the world. There was nothing done at all, in the slightest. It was for one purpose, and one really sad purpose only. And it's called... damage control.

If you currently type into google [MKX or, Mortal Kombat X netcode]... Easier than finding our buried complaints (which you will find), you will find several articles written by numerous web sites on... MKX's IMPROVED NETCODE! lmfao.

That was the only purpose of that patch note, to make headlines, not to improve jack shit.

Anyway... Sign the petition mofos, doesn't cost you anything.

Peace.

im am mostly disappointed that literally nobody with influence or a good network signed and spread this. they all seem to be fine.

on the other hand, when you look at this, imagine how shouting at evo would have turned out... one-man-show

I GOT HANDS

im am mostly disappointed that literally nobody with influence or a good network signed and spread this. they all seem to be fine.

on the other hand, when you look at this, imagine how shouting at evo would have turned out... one-man-show
Haha that's true. I appreciate you tried to find another way with this, shame that it didn't pay off.

Haha that's true. I appreciate you tried to find another way with this, shame that it didn't pay off.
it could still get rolling, but it will need a turning point. everytime this is on top of the forums list, it gets signed a couple more times, so it still went under the radar for some.

if streamers with a good audience, like PL, sonicfox, honeybee, milkysituation, Tom brady or even maximilian could mention this or allow it to be linked in their stream it would help. also commentators on the next major mentioning it would be great. sadly tym staff doesnt really seem to care about this.

but i dont think this can be a success before it becomes a thing in the more casual players' networks.

I GOT HANDS

it could still get rolling, but it will need a turning point. everytime this is on top of the forums list, it gets signed a couple more times.

if streamers with a good audience, like PL, sonicfox, honeybee, milkysituation, Tom brady or even maximilian could mention this or allow it to be linked in their stream it would help. also commentators on the next major mentioning it would be great. sadly tym staff doesnt really seem to care about this.
Not a single one of the competitive players supporting it is the big difference between this and other communities. I'm extremely disappointed once again, but not suprised. TYM would rather bitch and moan about the netcode, rather than actually DO something about it.

iamShorteh

"Vengeance will be mine!"
streamers with a good audience, like PL, sonicfox, honeybee, milkysituation, Tom brady could mention this or allow it to be linked in their stream it would help.
Maybe it has gone under their radar? Let's tag some people to make them aware of this open letter and petition for NRS to take some action on this subject.
@Perfect Legend @SonicFox5000 @HoneyBee @EVB Gaming @Tom Brady @Yomi Gaming @EVB SomeCubanGuy @EVB_VenDeTTa @Kitana Prime @Big D @YOMI REO @YOMI RM SaltFace @YOMI DJT @Pig Of The Hut @Zoidberg747

@rubmytaco (LLL. Taco) does KOTH streams and has publicly signed the petition, while rallying people watching to sign it.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
TYM is basically a PR and advertising outlet for WB. This is how marketing these days works: tell some loser site admin that they're going to get the "inside scoop" on all NRS stuff and suddenly they become your bitch for free. Look at that article @Juggs wrote about the MKX pad lol -- we all knew that thing was gonna be trash out of the gate and he wrote this huge "article" (i.e., press release) on how great it's gonna be only to quietly come back deep in the comments somewhere to voice how disappointed he was with it. I bet even then he got a nasty PM from Tim warning him that talking badly about NRS has consequences.

TYM is basically a PR and advertising outlet for WB. This is how marketing these days works: tell some loser site admin that they're going to get the "inside scoop" on all NRS stuff and suddenly they become your bitch for free. Look at that article @Juggs wrote about the MKX pad lol -- we all knew that thing was gonna be trash out of the gate and he wrote this huge "article" (i.e., press release) on how great it's gonna be only to quietly come back deep in the comments somewhere to voice how disappointed he was with it. I bet even then he got a nasty PM from Tim warning him that talking badly about NRS has consequences.
well, they didnt close this thread, so its probably not that bad. but of course you gotta watch your independence.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Usually not a big fan of petitions. MKX has sold so many units, I feel like they owe it to the fans and themselves to do something about the online experience.

I've signed it, and shared it.
On the contrary. They sold so many units that they can afford to give no fucks :DOGE

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I think part of the reason for the lack of sigs is that many people\casuals already have dropped the game and lost interest. It sucks but we should of made this 3 months ago when the active player base was much higher.