What's new

TYM King Of The Hill Weekly Matches! (PS4)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Hi folks,

I'd like to participate and give you some easy KOTH wins :) I'm on EU but I hope that my connection's under 80ms (typically that's what I try to aim for).

Please add me, my PSN is SlightlySimilar

P.S. What time do you guys usually play at? I hope it's not too late for me to join, since I hear most people are from NA
It's never too late! We do these more than once a week. I added you to the list :) we usually play in the evenings around 7pm EST.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
How are you allowed to decline? I can only decline if it's like 200ms or something.

He was using Fan Fare Kitana, yes. And like, it's hard to explain cause it felt like he was going ham with all the jumping but like, it was always at the right times. Was crazy. Wish I coulda played him a lot more games, would help me level up.

Oh and fyi he flawless blocked the overhead of jaxs string at least 4 times. Y'all need to get on that shit. lol

We usually play anywhere from 6:30pm est to 10pm est.

Unless everyone says fuck it and plays ranked all night... :p
I can flawless block that string offline, but I wouldn't even try to online. That is some godly shit right there.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
How are you allowed to decline? I can only decline if it's like 200ms or something.

He was using Fan Fare Kitana, yes. And like, it's hard to explain cause it felt like he was going ham with all the jumping but like, it was always at the right times. Was crazy. Wish I coulda played him a lot more games, would help me level up.

Oh and fyi he flawless blocked the overhead of jaxs string at least 4 times. Y'all need to get on that shit. lol
You should have recorded it D:

I imagine it was good practice tho to see what you need to work on or how the 'pros' do it :p

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
You should have recorded it D:

I imagine it was good practice tho to see what you need to work on or how the 'pros' do it :p
Idk how to record it. I'm old and not up on how to use that tech.

But vs semiij the adaptation was to throw a lot more cause he was fb the overhead. He only teched a couple times. Obviously I need to be better with my spacing and reads but like also I think this could be why there aren't many jax players.

You go vs someone that fb the overhead AND can throw tech constantly... wtf do you do with jax? You're either getting blown up for trying to get your 18% OR you're getting teched and pushed away or neutral ducked and blown up. Definitely gonna have to think more about how to mix stuff up in the future.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord

But vs semiij the adaptation was to throw a lot more cause he was fb the overhead. He only teched a couple times. Obviously I need to be better with my spacing and reads but like also I think this could be why there aren't many jax players.

You go vs someone that fb the overhead AND can throw tech constantly... wtf do you do with jax? You're either getting blown up for trying to get your 18% OR you're getting teched and pushed away or neutral ducked and blown up. Definitely gonna have to think more about how to mix stuff up in the future.
It should still be in your match relays if you didn't play too many games after that. If it wasn't for Sonic, he could be the best. I played some pros in previous NRS games like Big D and WoundCowboy. I almost beat Big D's Noob and Wound bodied me in Injustice.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator

Gotcha grab x 10? XD But yeah it's frustrating I guess not being able to have better options in these situations.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Gotcha grab x 10? XD But yeah it's frustrating I guess not being able to have better options in these situations.
Gotcha grab is -17, that's a full combo punish, fb not required. lol

Don't get me wrong, jax is really good. But it was just crazy playing vs someone that good.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Dammit, it's like 2am in my timezone. I don't know if I'll be able to join that often :(
We play during the weekend too!

Gotcha grab is -17, that's a full combo punish, fb not required. lol

Don't get me wrong, jax is really good. But it was just crazy playing vs someone that good.
Ouch ok NVM XD yeah he has insane pressure, but I guess the pros know how to get around that better than us nerds can.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Funnily enough, staggering just the first hit of F33 (so just F3) worked on him even though it's -11. But he would poke the F33 (-4) and FB the full string lol.
Damn that's scary. I hope I never encounter any pros in there D: I'd like to fight Foxy's Cassie tho.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store

You can just press the Share button on the PS4 controller, then select video. It will save the last 15 mins of game time to a video. You don’t have to actually share it, once the video is saved. You can also trim it when you open it later.

The other option is to go into your Kombat Kard and find the match replay, and save that. However, you won’t be able to watch it anymore when the next patch drops. It only allows you to watch matches from current version (to avoid discrepancies in case if any frame changes - only the inputs are recorded and replayed, not an actual video).

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
You can just press the Share button on the PS4 controller, then select video. It will save the last 15 mins of game time to a video. You don’t have to actually share it, once the video is saved. You can also trim it when you open it later.

The other option is to go into your Kombat Kard and find the match replay, and save that. However, you won’t be able to watch it anymore when the next patch drops. It only allows you to watch matches from current version (to avoid discrepancies in case if any frame changes - only the inputs are recorded and replayed, not an actual video).
So, let's pretend for a minute that I have no idea what the "share button" is... where would that be located. Ya know, for the noobies in the back who don't know. Ahem.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
So, let's pretend for a minute that I have no idea what the "share button" is... where would that be located. Ya know, for the noobies in the back who don't know. Ahem.
Top LEFT of the controller, between the D-pad and the touchpad.

Last edited:

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
maybe this will make it simpler... is it the select button or the start button? lol
Well technically the touchpad usually works as the select button... lol. But yeah it’s on the left side of the touchpad. Same as how the Options button (start) is to the right of it.